Sic Kittymember
167 posts

Posted:
ever been spinning and get so into it that, when someone walks up to you, you are caught off guard?

this happened to me recently.

i was in my front yard spinning, concentrating on learning how to do a backward weave. and my mom walks up from behind me and says "you're getting really good at that"
scared me so bad that i misswung and hit myself in the face!!!

just hoping that i'm not alone

You've just been attacked by:
SIC KITTY!
*cackles maniacally*
I suffer...*sob*...because I am better.

I don't really believe that.... *coughs*

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
I totally know what you mean. For me, spinning is frighteningly hypnotic, with fire and glow sticks, doubly so. Hope your face is ok, let's all try to be a little more alert, eh? ^-^

P*L*U*R

Sic Kittymember
167 posts

Posted:
glad to hear i'm not alone! lol my face is fine. nobody even noticed at work the next night

SIC KITTY!
*cackles maniacally*

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
you found the "zone" matey!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i just hate the "omg i think i did a corkscrew!" then as soon as someone watches you.......its all one big tangle!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Yep, happens all the time.

Usually small people or used to be the dog joining in.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
Small people would be fine... Kids, on the other hand, I can rant for hours.

on

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

Pyro_TechCrazy Nutter stuck in Farmidale...
264 posts

Posted:
After being caught off guard by a guy that I had a rather large 'appreciation' for, shall we say, I smacked myself in the head with both poi and ended up with what I initially thought were soot marks, but were actually two bruises.
They were both right over my eyebrows and because I didnt ice it straight away, they swelled up and gave me black puffy eyes!
Soooo attractive! hehe

We all take different paths in life, but no matter which path we take, we take a little of each other everywhere...

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Y'all leave Small People out of this discussion.....we're only distracting when we're bending over

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
comet poi with cats about...
they learn fast.

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
i was twirling with a friend once, and she asked me for a light - i got distracted and send a poi straight into my eye!!! i lost half an eyebrow, burnt my eyelid & got an eyeful of kero. now THAT hurts like buggery!!

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Even worse when you pull off the move of your life, one that will only be repeated with loads of pain and persistance, to find your friend was in a knot and wasn't even looking.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Sic Kittymember
167 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by polythene:
comet poi with cats about...
they learn fast.

Yeah...I found that one out too. My cat seems very interested in my spinning. He almost came flying at me!! No good

SIC KITTY!
*cackles maniacally*

onewheeldaveGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,252 posts

Posted:
I was once spinning fire meteors in a fairly isolated park at night.

It was one of the first times I'd done meteors on fire so I was using a lot of concentration.

Totally in the flow and convinced I was alone, as I spun round in a turning move I saw something in the darkness on the banking, specifically, two small hooded gnomes!

It freaked me out and I dropped the meteors in shock.

Looking back it became apparent that the 'gnomes' were in fact a student couple who had seen the fire from a distance, crept down and huddled together to watch without disturbing me.

"You can't outrun Death forever.
But you can make the Bastard work for it."

--MAJOR KORGO KORGAR,
"Last of The Lancers"
AFC 32

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Fire_GrrBRONZE Member
14 posts

Posted:
LOL, yer, i can totally relate to u guys! Whilst weaving with Cobra Poi at a friends house, their booming Dog, desided it would try chase them and try biting at them, it then Jumped, whilst snapping its devil jaws, then bit me on the nose! Grr, was not happy that day!!!!

Love dogs usually, just not this one

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
The 'zone' everyone talks about I can only ever enter when spinning without fire, my habits as a childrens performer were formed before I started staff, so when I'm spinning fire my 'people radar' is permanently switched on.

But dogs! Man! At our regular firenight, which I sometimes unicycle to, theres this three legged dog, that goes nuts naytime it sees me riding my uicycle and tries to bite the tyre!

I gte torn between trying not to bash myself with a burning staff, trying not to wipe-out off the unicycle, trying not to get bitten on the feet and trying not to run over or hurt the dog...Can't say I've mastered it yet.

AND last year, while riding in the Auckland Santa Parade, the damn thing charged/hopped out of the crowd and had another go! In front of thousands of people!

I really need the owner to keep the poor thing on a bloddy leash...

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Someone caught me off guard yesterday while I was spinning, i started talking to them and my poi span round more than I counted for and I learnt myself a new trick. But I haven't got it down well enough to do it with fire, I'll light my chest up. Eek

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
one time somone suprised me and i spun around and did a neck wrap on them and almost hung um. that was kinda kewl. he didnt think so. and one time i accidently hit my lil kitty right in the nose that was so sad. since then i am much more aware of my surroundings. **sniff** poor kitty, he just wanted to play with the pretty lights

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night