Page:
pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
anyone else get so addicted to this site that you forego everything else? (i.e. going to bed, working, eating)

must...go...to...bed

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
This site, and the chatroom, and a couple of other sites and several other chatrooms.

<-You don't want to be like me.

elise_bmember
104 posts

Posted:
every other place i check/stop & hang is HOP! hehehe especially for the games -n- positivty

Catch a Fire-Bob Marley

dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
It takes a hell of a lot to keep me from my sleep and a hell of a lot more to keep me from my food, so no, i can't say that i am adicted to the point of giving up the important things in life ie. fire, food, females and a word for sleep that starts with the letter f, that i can't think of right now

cheers

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Beats working. That's for sure.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
My addiction to Poi and HoP has lead to this site recently becoming my home page!!!

Is that wrong??

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
i want to be one of those lucky people!

at least i can say that last night when i had insomnia, i didn't get up to get on the computer! that's progress right?

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Yes...I don't do enough work

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Yes...I don't do enough work

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

Sic Kittymember
167 posts

Posted:
umm i'm not that bad...yet.

maybe when i get my own laptop....

i do admit i spend a significant amount of time on here when i'm at work.

You've just been attacked by:
SIC KITTY!
*cackles maniacally*
I suffer...*sob*...because I am better.

I don't really believe that.... *coughs*

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I'm not looking forward to starting work (yes someone has eventually employed me )- it would mean that i can't go on HoP anytime i want...(which is quite a bit)

This is my homepage too

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
You got a job? Woo!!!

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Im an addict.
Im on in the morning before I go to work.
Im on all day at work (we are allowed which is really cool)
I check when I get home.
I play at night after fire.
I eat
I cuddle arsn.
I sleep.
If I cant sleep I play on hop.
and the cycle starts all over again.
This is also arsn and mine homepage...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
I concur... <~~~ sorry, word of day calender

I can't get Valura off this site some times... As for her quote of...

quote:
Originally posted by Valura
If I cant sleep I play on hop.
It's true... she'll lay down for three seconds... tops. And say she can't get to sleep...

But the one thing she doesn't see yet is a little thing called... detox...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Guilty of spending lots of time here..waiting for the novelty of this site to wear off soon.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
gnor i've been hear a year. it doesn't wear off.

lets see:
Home page = hop

Check email or check hop: Check hop

Make supper or go on hop: go on hop

Eat supper or go on hop: well this one is quite simple actually. Theres a space for my plate in front of the computer. You do the math

Watch TV or go on hop: do to the fact I have a small appartment: the Tv is beside the monitor.

Set off/Build pyrotechnics or go on hop: mmmm pyro. then go on hop

spin fire go on hop: Spin fire, but it's getting cold so....

Do homework or go on hop: hop

Go....

you get the Idea. I'm addicted

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
YES!!! I'm not alone!!

People ridicule me for having HoP as my homepage but there are others (see Beth - its not just me!! )

And besides, there are far far worse things we could be addicted to!

Here's to HoP for providing an addiction for us all!!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Yep. I doubt the novelty is going to wear off soon. Too many interesting things to read and learn.
Lots of psych and science types that keep dropping relevant information. Yay.

Kaji-kun, my HoP schedule is often pretty similar and I keep getting in trouble for crumbs in the keyboard.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

Dirty Marmite SpiderClimbing up my leg
141 posts

Posted:
Maybe we should suggest to Malcolm that he adds some sort of link to an HoP detox site, like the priory. I'd love to see some of the people on here go 'Cold Turkey' without HoP.

I'll admit I spend a lot of time here but some of you guys sound like you really need councelling. It's only going to get worse in winter you know!!

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
considering weve already passed winter over here, maybe thats why ive gone a bit wierd...

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Bobo DCLmember
141 posts

Posted:
I'm always on... Okay, not ALWAYS, but pretty damn often. It's my homepage too..

Not that it's a bad thing. My worst problem, is I'll check the site, read all the new posts and then log off for about five minutes.....

Sit in front of the computer anxiously....

Then log back on, and see if there's any new ones. However, this is rather rare, that there is a new post. But I still check every few SECONDS.

And every time I'm on MSN, I'm on HoP chat, and I get instantly logged onto MSN when I surn my compy on, so I'm on Chat a lot too.

If I'm ever on a computer at school, if the teacher isn't peering over my shoulder, I'm on HoP.

I'll see something throughout my day, and it'll remind me of something and I'll go "Oh! On HoP, [insert name] said [insert thing said by someone on HoP]" or "Hah! Last night on HoP chat [insert name] said [insert thing said by someone whether on topic or not]."

It's starting to get to my friends... But at least my dad only finds it amusing

I like orange.And don't take my cookies.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
lol, yay i don't feel so alone! i'm on the computer constantly, and if i'm on the computer, then i'm definately on HOP. i took a weekend trip to visit a friend of the family and as soon as i had the chance i asked to get on the computer.

**sigh** i'm such a geek

**giggles**

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
quote:
originally posted by arsn But the one thing she doesn't see yet is a little thing called... detox...
DETOX??
it that like the time I stopped drinking coffee?

Non-Https Image Link

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
When I moved out on my own I was minus internet for 6 weeks. The withdrawl was brutal.
I started to go a little screwy after a while. Then I got internet and I was back to my old habits. Damn crumbs in the keyboard anyway...

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

vultureninemember
46 posts

Posted:
I think making HOP your homepage is great. I am gonna do it too! I have for many weeks now gone straight to this site. I used to check my e-mail first but now it's all changed. Yeah HOP!!!

love to all, vulturenine

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
ok,i admit it......i should be making breakfast but i am here....well,where else do you get god itself posting on the subject of inner peace??i feel blessed..

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ok so i have incredibly bad insomnia right now and what did i do instead of trying to go to sleep? booted up my computer and here i am. it's official, i need help.

**giggles**

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
turn off your computer.
light a candle.
sit cross legged on the floor.
close your eyes.
focus on breathing and relaxing.
push all other thoughts out of your mind.
do this for 15 minutes.

then go to bed.

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
ya doesn't work.....i'm still awake

**giggles**

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
hmmm ....

maybe cut back on the coffee, or get a really good massage...?

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
massage sounds good.....

i actually don't drink any caffeinated products, not even natural engery supplements (i.e. ginseng, guarana). gave it up over 10 years ago. and i don't smoke. the insomnia is actually partly from depression and partly as a side effect of a med i just started taking. i take it first thing in the morning, but it's still keeping me up it's supposed to go away within a week or two so keep your fingers crossed for me. the good thing is i'm not overly tired in the morning so far. (although i probably just jinxed myself).

but ya, a massage might help.....any volunteers?

**giggles**

Page: