Page:
BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
At first I thought I was just having an off day....then it was an off week, but now I'm just feeling odd!!!

I can't put my finger on what's wrong with me!

Right now life is going really well, in fact it's going better than well because some of my dreams seem to be coming true. I'm moving to a new Palace with Princess Hels at the weekend I've got Lord Tom coming to stay next week and I'm heading to Australia in Jan/Feb

But all these good things haven't taken away the empty feeling I have inside I feel confused and frustrated.
I'm not normally a down kind of person.

Perhaps I need some kind of pick me up? But what???

Has / is anyone else going / been though a period like this?

Do you have any advise for a lost BamBam that desperate to stop feeling like this ?

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Do'h!

Could it just be everythings been really hectic, cos you've been packing ready for moving? And it's getting into winter, and that always make me a little it's cold and dark and no more outdoor parties (till next year anywho... )

The only thing I can prescribe is a hug BamBam
and a hope you feel better soon...

we could go spank SmallBoy again?
I'm sure he wouldn't mind!

PsyB.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
Your life is all good but you still feel ?
hmm, possibly its that pesky brain chemistry stuff.

Well, i'm terrible at advice. But you've cheered me up loads of times when i've been a bit down so i'll have a go.

Moods do become habits. If you get into a habit of feeling sad because of a particular reason, then even when the reason stops mattering you've just got used to feeling sad. The same goes for any emotion.

And the way you feel is totally linked to how you act. You know those times when you want to be angry but someones making you laugh so you can't? If you smile and look out for the tiny cool things (like cups of tea and clean airwraps), then feeling happy just appears.

ok, i'm done sounding like a self-help manual now. Time for some quick fixes

Short term solution:
this monkey prescribes bouncing around with toys. this produces N-dolphins in your head which makes you feel all groovy
Hanging around with people you like and talking rubbish also helps.

Long term solution:
Why not try adopting an otter? OK, the success of this method is currently unproven. But how could the companionship of a cute aquatic mammal fail to increase the quality of your life?

if all else fails take two of these and call me in the morning

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Perhaps I might try adopting a Simian I hear they give great hugs

Gnor, Psylent-BoB and Simian thank you for your kind words and hugs, I'm sure they'll help me get back on track.

Simian I'm not really suffering for moods (well I don't think so anyway). I guess a better way to explain it is that I'm feeling detached from the world. Like I'm watching it through glass!

To be honest I've not really spoken to anyone about this, which is probably why I can't put my feelings into words very well.

I might pop to a herbal store and see if they can give me any advice on remedies that might aid me.

Once again to you all

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
the sun chucked out some nasty stuff the other day.. could be that - I've had a shite week too..

big gas leak at home, then my dishwasher exploded and piss icky water all ove my palace.. maybe you're like an extra special tentical type thing that's picking it all up!

Hope you feel better soon Bams.. big hug in the mean time..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
when i saw the title of your thread i was going to write: you are odd Bams don't worry about it that's what makes you special

then i thought it might seem a bit mean written down but you know what i mean

have a from me. you can have a real one at the weekend.

and have some
Non-Https Image Link
as well

e

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Just to throw out a few warnings about a few herbs/supplements I've seen cause problems.

1) Valerian: It's a great natural sedative. It's safe for most people. It helps you sleep. It tastes positively nasty. DO NOT DRIVE WHILE ON VALERIAN.

2) Kava: Used for generations by the natives of New Guinea (I think). Generally safe, don't mix it with alcohol or it can damage your liver. If you have any medical conditions for which you are taking medications, ask your doctor or a very competent herbalist before trying Kava.

3) Saint John's Wort. Used as an antidepressant. Pharmacologically, it is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It interferes with the metabolism of other drugs. It should not be taken with alcohol. It should not be taken with monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI's). If you feel like you are depressed, see a doctor. Don't try to treat it yourself. I've already lost one friend to suicide and almost lost another who I managed to stop within an hour of her planned suicide. I'll be royally pissed off if anyone else I know kills him/herself because they didn't "believe in" antidepressants.

4) Green tea: great stuff, good for you, I like the taste. But it binds iron in the GI tract, so if you take vitamins, don't take them within an hour of drinking green tea.

5) Vitamin C. Great in recommended amounts. Taking more than 500 mg per day for longer than a few weeks can cause kidney stones. There is also some (admittedly weak) evidence that high doses of vitamin C can increase the risk for cancer.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Riamember
114 posts

Posted:
Hey you
Dont worry about it. it's just one of those times in life when things make no sence. We all feel odd sometimes I know its hard when its you that feels odd but riding it out is the best thing for it

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
just always remember that no matter where you are and what's next, that the present moment is where you exist - and what a beautiful moment it is!

your lovely presence on HoP over the last few millenia has shown us that you are someone capable of exuding muchos happiness - let us return the favor

:exudes manyfold vibe-things in London's general direction from little melbourne towne:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

dromepixieveteran
1,463 posts

Posted:
you need a massage?!

JUGGLEwithyourmind!

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
You're tired maybe? Maybe it's London - if you don't escape to somewhere with a slower pace and a horizon every few weeks it'll wear you out.

Hope your move goes OK, and hopefully see you about on the weekend

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:

I dunno, these symapthy seekers
No seriously honey, if there's anything you need just shout us - x

Hugz u later - x

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

firedancingfairyenthusiast
201 posts

Posted:

I recently went through this and it happened at the worst time possible, and I started thinking, "I just want to be my normal, happy self again!" you know? Well, I realised that some medication the doctor gave me for health resons was tampering with my moods, and I decided I'd be better off without them. I'm NOT saying if you're on medication for any reason just stop, but check out the side effects.

OR, I've recently realised that it is natural to have a down time. And it does feel really strange when you're normally a really happy person. It's only natural and everyone goes through it. What comes up must come down and the same applies to our moods.

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
well first off i guess you need one of these

then i believe i promised you a few of these:

followed(i imagine) by foolish conversation interspersed with these: , , , and ending up with

call me for words if you need any more
xR

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

jemima (jem)SILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
1,750 posts

Posted:
First of all i think you are great ! You are one of those people who puts your friends before yourself which is great also ! I'll never be as good at poi as you (lol) and you are a person i look up to ! It is an honour to know you my friend

I think in life we need to learn to love ourselves so we can learn to love, and love life, but we also need to keep achieving and having abition and goals. If we just lived life everyday the same we would just get bored and depressed.

I saw someone wearing a t shirt the other day that said something like "how does it feel when you have everything you ever wanted?" and i thaught, well that would be Sh*t because you would have nothing else to achieve or learn or discover. Erm am i going off the topic here a little?

I myself ma crap at making disisions, so i leave it as long as i can until i actually make one if at all, in fear of choosing the wrong one...but then if you realise then that iwas the wrong one, you know then to take another route. Ah poo i am terrible at putting things into words............

I reakon london is an ickle nasty, you have to get crappy dull stressed trains etc, walk on concrete, breathe in traffic fumes, not feel comfortable talking to random people on trains...

maybe im just saying this because walking over a beautiful field to get to uni every morning is much more appealing for my karma lol

erm where was i?

yeah dont stop searching for that lickle "gap" oh and when you find it tell me what it is will you, i might have to borrow some

Never assume
Always Acknowledge

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Darlin!!!!! Awww

humm, you had a few big weekends in a row, yes? you went to liquid too, these things can leave you feeling very detached, if thats what the cause is, it will pass.

Also i agree, it cant be good living in london so long, if you and hels kneed a little break in the country, well I would be dleighted to offer you the beutifull surroundings of my home here in scotland, no trafic, no peaple, no clubs, its certainly sorted me out, and i would love to repay all the kindness you have shown me.

Take it easy and as bender say, look for the good stuff, I know this feeling well, and it getts better when you activly try and involove yourself in the world.

see you soon hun, for muchos hugs, laughs and bouncing! :nicewarmcupoftea:

Tom

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
My magical Princess!!!
I hate to hear that your down low at the moment. I hope the text message this morning helped... It helped me.
You caught me when I started to fall.. I will be part of your support network. I am here for you.
Make sure you take time to have alone time... think about what it is that could be making you feel a bit off? Go walking, maybe catch a flick,
Have you changed your diet? have you maybe not had enough sleep?... Remember that you are moving at the moment, and changes can cause some stress as well...
If you need ANYTHING please let me know... maybe we can have a cuppa tea over the phone together...I will send you some tim tams in the mail.
So much love to you...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

KnoxiousGOLD Member
420 posts

Posted:
PM on it's way my love...
xd

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
hey there done fear have on of these on me

i find when i ve been working so hard towards something and it happens, then follows a period of 'oh! what now?'. maybe its that..maybe you need to set some new goals even if they're lickle ones

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
There's a little demon that doesn't let us be completely and totally happy. Have an entire chocolate orange and don't feel guilty about it (slightly sick afterwards is totally acceptable). That seems to banish it.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
erm..

Have amug ofhot ribena

Teach jon how to use the space bar proper like what you do at when you are at work.

Teach Jon basic english

Walk on frosty grass

Hug yourself and roll around on the ground in the middle of the office

Buy something purty

Buy a roll of that good toilet paper..you will feel the difference.

Slap an ugly person

Give it large

Send a silly text (hee hee)

Goto work one day wearing nothing but a pair of boating shoes and a blue and red striped golfing umberella.

Get rest of week off work on grounds that you are mad.

Get a gerbil (or two) in the new house..they are briliant pets...

Thats my advise for what its worth...

Hestermember
24 posts

Posted:
Give some confidence to yourself,smile everyday,you'll feel better soon.

Dirty Marmite SpiderClimbing up my leg
141 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear you're sad.

When I was feeling blue a friend of mine gave me a little book called 'The Fiesta of Happiness'. It's just a stupid little book full of happy things but it did cheer me up. If I come on Saturday to Clapham i'll bring it and you can borrow it.

Other than that i'd say that everyone has low times and although it's cr*p, if you didn't have them you'd have no idea what the really good bits feel like. The people I know who seem to really understand what it is to be happy have also been at rock bottom as well.

Hope you feel better soon and that all the lovely people at Clapham cheer you up.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I will send a message a day to make you smile...
LOVE you bammers

Non-Https Image Link

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
One thing I forgot to add that was pointed out to me is that there is anecdotal evidence that both Saint John's Wort and Kava interfere with birth control pills. Now, there isn't really strong clinical or scientific evidence for this, but if you happen to be on The Pill...well...I warned you.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:

I'm sorry i'm quite bad at giving advice, but you can have as many hugs as you desire.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
If you are in Perth in Jan/Feb come around for hugs, tea and banana/apple Anzac bisciuts.

Maybe its Mars paying out on us before it moves away.
Just after Mars started being all big and bright, heaps of friends had huge personal problems that have started resolving, not all in a pretty fashion but still resolving.
Maybe it is the Sun having an influence too.

Take care and hope it all starts geting better. Sounds like you have heaps to look forward too.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Lïghtnïng:
3) Saint John's Wort. Used as an antidepressant. Pharmacologically, it is a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. It interferes with the metabolism of other drugs. It should not be taken with alcohol.
this stuff should also be avoided if you're asthmatic!! it can trigger an attack!!!!

maybe try meditation? laughter therapy?? umm - how about a big lazy day where u lie in bed and watch funny movies all day while eating chocolate icecream!!!??? no?

okeday...bye now!! feel better!!!

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

Helz BellzSILVER Member
lovin' it...
2,444 posts

Posted:

You know this already, but I want to say it again. I'm here for you babe, we can chat/moan/nag/gossip/laugh and cry together. That's what friends do.

Love you more than me !

Live well, love much, laugh often...

Official O.B.E.S.E. cheerleader

Wibblemember
6 posts

Posted:
Hi BamBam

I met you for the first time yesterday and I thought you were GREAT. Thank you so much for your help with come cool new moves and even making yourself sick dizzy demonstrating the 5-beat for me (wow - human poi! )

Really sorry to hear you've been feeling sad and a bit detatched. Hope this doesn't sound to weird coming form an (almost) complete stranger, but I've been there too, big time . If you need a chat with someone who knows what you're going through, but still an outsider in your life (new perspective maybe on stuff you're too close too, that kind of thing)...

I find doing anything that releases a fast hit of seratonin works well in the short term (chocolate, sex, poi, laughter, even a good hard cry), but in the long run nothing beats loving people that love you back . That's what connects us together, otherwise everyone would feel like they're behind glass all the time.

I really hope your mood picks up soon.

Page: