Forums > Social Chat > Fire in the News again....

Login/Join to Participate

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
I really like this article. You Seattle people rock! Makes me wanna visit.Nomad

Twistmember
160 posts

Posted:
*sigh*its not all daisies and roses. said article has caused us to be banned (temporarily i hope) from playing at the beach.

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
That really sucks Twist! Not all publicity is good publicity eh!Finn smile

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
I don't understand Twist, this was no secret right? The article didn't talk about some big incident or scandal, so.... why would they do that suddenly?Nomad

Twistmember
160 posts

Posted:
Sorry I wasn't more detailed.... been bizzee lately...Most of my info is second hand... as I am not in a troupe and the troupes are who the FM is communicating with...As far as I know, the article got the Fire Marshall nervous/irritated/whatever. Why? Not sure. Maybe because Seattle has had a tendency of exploding in to riots on a fairly regular basis lately? I dunno. My hunch is that he saw the article, had a vision of some kid getting his face burned off... and went from there... but I don't know....So... he sent out an e-mail to the troupes (supposedly) that said fire trucks would be at the beach all week, tickets issued, performance permits revoked, etc. I don't really know the motivation/rationale behind this.So... I haven't gone out and started lighting things on fire yet to test these facts... but this is what i hear from a few sources. I was burning LOTS before that... maybe to much... like four times a week... so I think I am actually glad for a little breather...In some ways this is a good thing to me.... people who want to spin for the love of spinning will find other beaches... parking lots... plazas... whatever... and continue to do it for the love. There just won't be a central gathering place......though I have had dreams of opening a fire club/bar/entertainment space/art gallert that would sell supplies, have an arena... etc......hmmmm... i wonder how much the venitlation would cost?

Rowanmember
6 posts

Posted:
From what I understand, it was never really allowed at GG.I talked to the FD yesterday and they said they "turned a blind eye because we were safe" And can no longer do that because of the articleSo, I assume the same that Twist says, with fire trucks and fees/fines, etc.ack.