Forums > Social Chat > Strangest thing that ever happened to you

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Sic Kittymember
167 posts

Posted:
So...something really weird happened to me Sat night after a concert. And on the basis...I was wondering:

What's the strangest thing that ever happened to you?

Oh...and in case you wanted to know what it was...this guy paid me a dollar for my ABC (already been chewed) gum!!
I mean...he insisted I let him pay me. Actually, he was shocked I only wanted a dollar!

But methinks he had been drinking! Well, really I knew. He told me. yayyyyy!!

You've just been attacked by:
SIC KITTY!
*cackles maniacally*
I suffer...*sob*...because I am better.

I don't really believe that.... *coughs*

Sic Kittymember
167 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by vanize:
But I'm not about to tell you all the strangest thing that has ever happened to me. Most you won't even beleive the majority of my top ten.
no really...i wanna kno :|

i asked didn't i?

You've just been attacked by:
SIC KITTY!
*cackles maniacally*
I suffer...*sob*...because I am better.

I don't really believe that.... *coughs*

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
please tell us!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
Oh...and in case you wanted to know what it was...this guy paid me a dollar for my ABC (already been chewed) gum!!
I mean...he insisted I let him pay me. Actually, he was shocked I only wanted a dollar!

don't quote me on this, but I do remember seeing on eurotrash a fetish for this kind of thing. I'd make sure your door is locked and curtains shut if i were you!

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
ok, you guys asked, but this is going to completely ruin my credibility, even though I am only describing exactly what I saw.

One night, sitting on a friends balcony in Barstow, California (in the middle of the desert, roughly east of LA)....

naw, I'm not going to tell that one.

Ok, I was at the first Lalapalusa concert back in 1991 - the second Dallas show. It was late afternoon and "in living color" was on stage...

hell, I can't tell that one either without getting arrested.

Ok, here is one that is publically acceptable, though it doesn't rank as high on the strange-o-meter as many of the others. It happened sometime aroun 1989 or 1990, when I lived in Austin, Texas. I was at a bar called Emo's. REM had played earlier in the evening somewhere in town, but I didn't go see tham since I had a recent ex-roommate who was a total REM junkie, and I was sick of hearing their music since he played nothing but, and played it all the time.

Anyway, I'm at this bar Emo's, ordering a beer (even though I was underage by at the time), and Micheal Stipe (lead singer for REM) walks up next to me on my left and orders a drink too (which he gets before mine of course). As he is about to walk away, I ask him, "I thought you were like a hard-core vegitarian or something?"

He looks at me with rather a lot of disdain on his face and says, "so?"

I ask him why he is wearing a leather vest in that case. He tells me to #@ck off. Before I even have the slightest chance of replying to this, a huge tirade starts just to my right, evidently aimed at Mr. Stipe. I turn, and there is Gibby Haines (sp?), lead singer of the Butthole Surfers, and local Austin mega-freak, hurling some of the most banal, leud, and almost (but not quite) non-sensical insults at Micheal Stipe I have ever heard. The latter walks away like some sort of snobby priss, and Gibby insists on paying for my beer. And the next one. And the one after that. He managed to chase off the girl I was hanging out with somewhere in the middle of all that (she might have prefered Micheal Stipe - and if that is the case, then good riddence!)

The problem with telling this story, is unless you know something about the butthole surfers and just how friggin' unhinged and completely mentally deranged Gibby is, you cannot begin to imagine the surrealness of this guy making you his best bud for the evening out of the blue.

For months afterward, I would have chance meetings with him. He would pull up next to me on his motorcycle at a stoplight, rev his engine and challenge me to a drag race "for titles", while I'm sitting there in my clunker chevy station wagon that is 12 years old. He would walk up to me at a concert and overtly try to fondle my date's breast while otherwise ignoring her whilst saying hi to me. Things like this, just randomly happening when you least expect it. I started to think he was stalking me for a while, but now I think that was coincidence mixed with a healthy dose of paranoia.

Another one is (an this is another credibility breaker, but I do at least have a couple witnesses) from Burningman 2001. Everytime I said the word "meteor" at night, one would streak across the sky the moment I said it, but only if I was intoxicated (which happens to be most the time at Burningman I suppose) and not actually trying to demostrate my ability to do this. It happened like 5 times, and I'm still completely astonished 2 years later.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by elise_b:
okay the wierdest thing that didn't involve drug use is the hardest to explain...

i was having one of those nightmares where you think you are screaming for someone to wake you up but, you are not...

i was struggleing with some " bad force" (for lack of a better description) to stay on my bed & not be tugged & pulled up in the air...

the next morning when i was awake, i examined my ribcage for evidence of this real feeling of i struggle...

i had REALLY long, thin, handlike markings...like broken capilaries in this wierd shape...

it freaked my mom out hehehe & me...

i've had people give me thier ideas of explantion, (i.e."maybe you were all rapped up in your sheet?") who knows...

I just had a chill. Same happened to me when I was little. My mom told me it was a type of Poltergeist.

I saw the Doppleganger of my step grandmother before she died. I don't know why she appeared to me... My mom said later when I understood what I'd seen (several years later) that my moms side of the family has a history of psycic, esp, and medial abilities. And that this was particularly strong during childhood.

Perdicting things that happen a couple days before they do.

Sensing/Fealing a presence in places I have later discovered to be haunted, Or where a horibble violent death has occured.

But I must go. The veil is thin this time of year I find it very disoreienting.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
oh and I too have been chased by a squirrel. it's a world wide plot I tell you. I think my guinea pigs is in on it too

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
I was stood on a large rock by some railway tracks once, when a train came along and blew me off.....train was a damn sight better than any women I know.......

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
I once got chased not by a squirrel, but a very large and very scary turkey... *is traumitized for life*

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
Don't worry about him, he's just obsessive...

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

caz86Twister Fire Starter ridin on a tratter
156 posts

Posted:
Hey. I was in Paris with two of my friends when two japanese tourists came up to us and asked us if we spoke English. Naturally we said yes and they proceeded to ask if they could take their photo with us... So we agreed. 5 mins later we realised they must have thought we were parisian. I can just imagine them so chuffed at their holiday snaps little did they know were bristolian! But then again strange stuff does always happen to me.

Caz

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
oh yeah ok i have one thing that is kinda strange,..i'm visiting my family in holland and we went to a zoo well there was this nocturnal building but it was more of just a tunnel you went through and it didnt have animals just plants so me and my sister went through it and saw something on one of the trees hanging over the fence so we went to get a better look (since we were in the dark) and it was a monkey, the monkey jumped over the fence and started chasing us, we got freaked out and ran away. yeah that's about it for me...bye now!~

Page: