Forums > Social Chat > Kerosene pumps in Perth (Australia)!

Login/Join to Participate

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
The only two kerosene pumps (at service stations) in Perth that I knew of have both been shut down in the last year.

Does anyone know of any other service stations in Perth that sell kerosene on tap?

The two that I knew of were BP south st Kardinya and Shell south st Freo.

Buying the stuff by bottle is way too expensive and I really dont want to buy the stuff by the barrel.

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 1. Throw your self at the ground.
step 2. Miss.

splerphBRONZE Member
75 posts

Posted:
Hey

I'm going to be really unhelpful here because I don't know the name of the petrol station but there is 1 on Scarborough Beach Rd in Inaloo. the one thats up near Strathfield Car radio.

Sorry I don't know what its called and the phone book won't help because there is a fair few on Scarb beach Rd.

Its south side of the road, west from the Movie complex.

Hope that helps.

Smile and the whole world smiles with you

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
The Freo one was open a month or so ago to buy by the litre.
Rackidges in the Swan Valley sell at about $1 per litre as do the Lakes roadhouse on the way to York. Very unhelpful if you dont live near these.

Try Paul at the South Beach group as he seems to know places or Msquared. These guys were buying in bulk quantities so may onsell or know of where to buy on the south side of the city.

Keep on eye in hardware catalogues as a friend bought me a couple of litre containers for a dollar each.

Better than Germany where its $5 per litre.

Goodluck

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the Scarborough Beach Rd station tip. If you do remember the company please put it on line. That might be the closest for me then.

Is it the Truth?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
You might be right about the freo shell, I went about 8 months ago and a guy told me that they had run out and werent going to sell it any more. Perhaps things have changed, or maybe I heard wrong (probably the latter!).

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 2. Miss.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
Paul had bought some that evening and I think its about the $1.05 mark plus cost of a appropriate container.

Maybe see you down there some time once I finish Monday classes. (Ive only made it once so not a regular by any means)

Is it the Truth?

Fitriamember
97 posts

Posted:
Burning...I still buy my kerosene from that Shell on South Street....I only bought some laste last month....maybe they changed their minds...hehe

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
can you buy it in bulk in sydney anywhere?

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Fitriamember
97 posts

Posted:
Dentrassi - you might want to start a new thread to ask that one....I have a feeling that mostly Perth people will come in here to answer the question (as Perth is on the thread title)....and unfortunately most Perth people know nothing about Sydney....

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
thanks guys I'm off for a burn at cotteslo on the beach near the groin if anyone wants to join us. (I'm arriving at around 6:30ish).

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 2. Miss.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
wheres the groin?

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

Fitriamember
97 posts

Posted:
No idea where the groin is.

The only groin I know of has nothing to do with a place...

splerphBRONZE Member
75 posts

Posted:
I'll be driving past the Petrol station in Innaloo tonight so will find out what company it is.

Ohh having a spin down at Cott sounds so nice. I won't be able to make it tonight. But if go down there again some time I would love to come along.

The Groin is a man made jetty made out of rocks. They are supposed to stop the beach from eroding away. not the other kinda groin.

Smile and the whole world smiles with you

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Aye its a massive rocky "jetty" that is pretty conspicuous. It boarders the south edge of cott.
Hope to see you guys down there!

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 2. Miss.

BurningByronmember
340 posts

Posted:
Yep shell service station on the corner of south street and hampton road definately has kero on tap! Bought some there tuesday night!

HOW TO FLY 101:
step 2. Miss.

Fitriamember
97 posts

Posted:
Yeay!!!

So how was cottesloe on Tuesday?

Was going to come down but got called away on urgent fmaily business...blech!

Let us know when you are next going and we might be able to get a group together