Dr. Spinmember
15 posts

Posted:
Just a shout out to all the other Boston spinners that I've met in the last couple of weeks. Thanks to this site as a great resource for learning and meeting others. Sundays at the Cambridge Commons and Tuesday nights at the secret spot in JP. Rockin' it with Zuni, fire, glowsticks, five-beats, BTB... ain't no stopping us now. Anyone out there in Boston, or planning a visit, come join our Cult of Poi-senality.Now we just need to come up with a cool name...Clark

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
I was thinking about "Bawstin fiyah spinniz".What do you think?Nomad

Dr. Spinmember
15 posts

Posted:
That would be acoustically correct... but not very catchy :-)Come on, we gotta be able to come up with something:PyrokinesisUniversitatis Pyromanicus (homage to all the schools in Boston)Fire Feier (half-German, like me)Absolut FlamePoi Heard 'Round the WorldFreedom FlameBeantown BurnersCeltic Fire (better if we were Irish)Hot Swingers (easily misinterpreted)The Rabid Poi-BunniesThis is what happens when you mix beer with internet access... :-)Clark

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
please please avoid using pyre / thermo / ANYTHING isis cuz it's been done before and with all the pyre isises it's getting confusing.I like Beantown Burners smileJosh------------------The thinking-person's firedancer - Jude, 2001[This message has been edited by [Josh] (edited 06 July 2001).]

nomadBRONZE Member
retired
356 posts

Posted:
Clark, let's continue this conversation via email, the moderators are gonna get mad otherwise winkJosh, thanks for the advise. I like who those pyro/thermo/kine/isis sound though... But we'll try more original!Nomad