Forums > Social Chat > Wholesale Wick Whereabouts ??

Login/Join to Participate

drunkenmonkmember
12 posts

Posted:
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me where I can get wick @ wholesale ? I need to buy LOADS. Im making a fair few sets of 63mm heads to try something out. I know its Du Pont that makes it but ive tried with them loads of times and its just not working. I cant afford to buy it all at retail either, any help out there ?

A Thousand Thank You's

The Drunken Monk of Funk

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
I found Flamma Aeterna which is fantastic service, and Matthew, who runs it appears to post here every so often too...

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

drunkenmonkmember
12 posts

Posted:
Cheers Matthew dont suppose you have any idea of what the equivalent to 63mm normal standard wick is on there do you ? The price list is a bit impenetrable for a dope like me.

and ta for the lemon lurve.

The Drinken Mink of Fink

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
63mm is 2.5" and the 1/8" is 3mm thick, with the 1/16" being about 2mm thick. The nice thing about them is that they're much cheaper for large orders which is good if you're going to do wholesale type stuff (yes, various people who've asked me for ropes, I will place my order soon ). I made a set of fire ropes (and the flid-referenced monkey-fists), and then sold others on. 85ft (I sold 15ft separately) gave me 3 sets of 3-finger monkeyfists and 3 sets of fire-ropes.

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
best supplier I found is a mail order company HERE .
look familier to anyone??
the wholesale prices by the roll, rock.
and service is excellent
and the quality is fantastic
gets back to making his fire ropes with the wick he got delivered this morning

Boing boing boing
Glass

drunkenmonkmember
12 posts

Posted:
yeh, erm, how crap do I look ? Ive only done four posts and Im already pissing people off. Sorry for being thick as I state in my intro, I have rarely been on this site and I am just rubbish with a computer. The last time I looked wick cost a lot more than that and Im sure it wasnt being sold in lengths of 100m. Is it actually posted from inside the uk now then ? I promise to try harder in future but I also promise that Im gonna do and say some stupid stuff, so please allow me to apologise in advance.
The Drunken Newbie Monk of Funk