Forums > Social Chat > NYC Poi Friendly Clubs?

Login/Join to Participate

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
I've been itching to hit up a monster NYC club this coming Saturday and watch some quality glowsticking and perhaps spin some myself...1) Any East Coast Folks know what NYC dance clubs will allow glowstick spinning? I know that any one will allow glowsticks of course [Everywhere except Louisiana right? wink] but some are uptight about having them spun on strings... So far my experience has been:Exit: Yes [In fact this Tuesday I think they're having a "glowstick party" whatever the heck that is...]Webster Hall: Yes but I'm the best one there and I suck.Twilo: RIP...Limelight: I heard was cool with it...2) Anyone wanna come?

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
i went to the tunnel last night, and i guess they usually dont allow strings, but i got in with them. there were only three or four of us there, though, so i didn't get to watch anything really amazing. you should try guernica (ave b). i dont know much about it, but i heard they are chill with sticks.

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
oh yeah, and i'd *love* to come. (i haven't checked out limelight yet, so i'm itching to go there). are you going to the area one festival on the 15th? (oakenfold, moby, carl cox, outkast, incubus, etc)how's webster hall? i haven't been there...is there any place that measures up to twilo, in terms of dj's? we've lost our playground frowni heard vinyl was decent...but it depends what night you go.[This message has been edited by tekknogurrl (edited 03 July 2001).]

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
Oh yeah... I'm not signed up on the HOP site yet. Bump me an email ASAP and we'll chat about Saturday:MrmoNYC@aol.comI'm down with the Limelight too... Anyone else?---Webster is definitely in a league below the heavy hitters but respectable. And it's free if you buy one of the "Webster Hall CD's" which are decent to good. Like I said I haven't found any decent spinners there. I'm not sure about Area 1. I could be talked into it... or I could miss it. It's a strong lineup but it sounds like it's going to be chaos.In my heart, no venue will ever compete with Digweed and Sasha at Twilo. Not to say that I'm done looking... smile

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
Im from Florida, so I cant help you on the NY tips... I just wanted to shed my condolences for Twilo. I wanted to see Sasha & Diggers spin there so bad. frown It floored me when I heard about them getting shut down, and the 'why' of it too. madBut this is another thread. Good luck in your quest!------------------We are not physical beings having a spiritual experience; we are spiritual beings having a physical experience.~Edgar Cayce

Wow

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
Yo tekknogurrl, you in or you out? I'm trying to firm up plans for Saturday... I got to know if I'm gonna be up late or not... wink

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
can't confirm yet...depends on my cash flow, and if i can get someone around here to come with me...i think i might be able to. (i don't like travelling by myself). i usually make plans last minute, it's more exciting :-Palso, i think limelight might be 21+ on saturdays. i'm 18. the only place i could find 18+ sat. was the tunnel, thats why i went there last week. but i'll toss you an email tomorrow.-out-k

Blue Phreakmember
5 posts

Posted:
yo exit in the city allows it and limelight is run by the same ppl so probably there 2 umm luxe on longisland does but that place sux ass and thats about it exit is off the hook go on nights where they let all ages in no id nights if u c some blue and yellow glowsticks thats probably me jus call me blue

Blue Phreakmember
5 posts

Posted:
i almost forgot if u hear about frakie bones or ne place he is supposed to b go check it out u might b able to string there hes big in underground and very talented check him out if u get a chance its worth the $$

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
Abort, Abort! Saturday is not going to work for me... sorry! Perhaps some other time we can assemble all of the NYC glow stickers and blow up a club...