Page:
Mr Handsmember
64 posts

Posted:
This is a thought that has pootled around my mind for a day or two now, I mentioned it to someone else and she said I'm wierd, but in my limited experience (I'm in the reaer end of no-where and haven't met that many poing people), I get the impresion we are mighty skinny people! Staffers to, and jugglers and stuff... everyone I see on vids are lean and stuff...

Is this true? Are we largely all seen as skinny and does this somehow influence our choice to spin or whatever?

Will someone please set my scared little mind right... I dont' want to believe in destiny...

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
I had thought the same thing then figured perhaps its only the slender ones taking pics and videos.
Spinning seems to attract mostly younger active types so therefore havent hit the slower metabolic stage of life.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Actually when I started spinning I was about 20 lbs overweight with very little muscle structure. Now I am fairly well built, and the majority of my gut has disapeared, but I still wouldn't call myself skinny by any means.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
we come in all shapes and sizes..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Hands:
Is this true? Are we largely all seen as skinny and does this somehow influence our choice to spin or whatever?

No.

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

GrayforthBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
I am not small... not fat, I am a big guy, my friend who spins is pretty damn good, and he is not skinny either.

In this world of tears, you need a sense of humor.

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
im built like a brick shit house

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Im not skinny, im a curvy 12/14 figure with DD boobs, and a fat backside, but i like it that way.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
so do i ali so do i!

Step (el-nombrie)

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
me to!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

ultra violet goblynmember
10 posts

Posted:
OI STEP.........................

thats my missus,knock it off or i'll fetch me troll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( me bruvva)

he's not the messiah ,hes a very naughty boy

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i am anti-skinny, which is why i rarely am not wearing a shirt in photos.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

endevor100member
7 posts

Posted:
you deff dont have to b skinny, fitness it debatable, but im 5'7" 165 lbs and very stalky at that

The stupider they think you are the more surprised they'll be when you kill them

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
Nope, not skinny here. Not fat (well, you can look at my pics and judge for yourself), just curvy.

E pluribus unum, baby.

Fitriamember
97 posts

Posted:
I'm really skinny but I know quite a few people that do both staff and poi who are quite solid.

(And I must say they are damn good at it too...so jealous I am)

AutumnLyfemember
44 posts

Posted:
I think to make the assumption that all of us poi spinners are skinny is wishfull thinking. I, myself know a few poiers that are well over weight & can spin circles around most I have seen including me. Why does it matter anyway?
Autumn

There are no ordinary moments.

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Thanks to Dr Atkins I'm back to my ideal fighting weight of 140 lb (I'm 5 foot 10)after a year of steadily gaining. Poi has given me a few weird muscles on my upper arms and a lot of bruises, but otherwise has had little morphological effect.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Far from it bro... but as bang bang bart says..."More of me to love"

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by ASTRO FAERIE:
Im not skinny, im a curvy 12/14 figure with DD boobs, and a fat backside, but i like it that way.
mmmmm....the perfect ladies poi body....mmmm....swinging hips and big ti....sorry I'm being a letch in the wrong thread!!

Not all Poi people are skinny but lots of swinging can turn you that way, a friend of mine was losing 1 kilo a week for the first couple of months he was spinning! Just by doing a hour or two a day with comets!

I don't think it makes much of a difference if you big, small, little or tall. Being nimble can help a lot more than being thin

Let's relight this forum ubblove

ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
The only problem is with being curvy is having a big bum which hinders the behind the back weave!

will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
That explains why I struggle with BTB stuff. Its the big butt.

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

ieuanBRONZE Member
holy man
110 posts

Posted:
Well let's see, 6'2" 235, not the ideal weight to say the least, but we are working on it(aren't we all). Anyway, I don't photograph because I am a vampire, but how many pancakes does it take to cover a dog house? I would say seven, because motorcycles don't have doors or windows, and I don't think Alice really went thorough the looking glass. Do you play croquet? OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!!

Gather your harps from the willow trees, dust off the ancient strings. Call the bards and prophets, let them sing healing and freedom. Let light and love flow from the strings, colors of revelation.

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
*points at bit of writing under his name *

Despite what all that lot are saying about spinners coming in all shapes and sizes, i have noticed that the juggling\spinning community definitely has more than its fair share of skinny people.

Maybe something to do with slimmer people tending toward being a bit fidgetty and restless, and thus more likely to pick stuff up and start playing with it?

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

ViciousVixenmember
103 posts

Posted:
If you look at a doctor's chart, I'm right where I should be, but if you look at magazines, I'm overweight, but if you ask some guys, I have a bangin' body, but if you ask others, I'm too big for their taste....

Weight is subjective and depends on the society you live in. Really though, it doesn't matter. You'll realize that eventually.

ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
I don't care what people think of my weight, some people consider me as thin, some consider me as curvy. Either way im happy with my size, plus with the size of my boobs ive always got somewhere to rest my pint
Mind you i must admit that a lot of the spinners i see and know are thin, so maybe its just the increased exercise and motivation that does it.

will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by ASTRO FAERIE:
plus with the size of my boobs ive always got somewhere to rest my pint

I'm happy with my size as well, but my boobs disapoint me. I look like a stick sometimes...But thank God for underwire!!!

And on a more serious note....
I have always been really skinny because of genetics.

Some people claim I'm anorexic, which I am certainly not! I love food! I personally believe that I am a nice shape and weight and height.

I'm 5'7 and 113lbs

I just wish clothing makers wouldn't make all the pretty clothes for big boobed women

I am an unfortunate 32A
Looks down at own chest and cries aloud
"Damnit Why Don't Yall Grow!!!!"

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
you can have mine if you like, they'll help you in your search!

Step (el-nombrie)

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Mistress Aurora, I know exactly how you feel. I'm 5'4" and weigh 104lbs. Being skinny must be genetic for me as well, because I'm constantly eating and have weighed the same for over 10 years. My boobs are tiny too (same size as yours), but I've gotten used to it. The good news is that they will get a little bigger when you have kids.

Captain HazzardBRONZE Member
Ninja (shhhh, don't tell)
420 posts

Posted:
I'm a bit flat in the chest too, but it doesn't seem to matter for blokes!

I only wanted to be 16... and free

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
boobs are great in all sizes. yuh just cant go wrong in my opinion. hell i even like captain hazards!

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
<~~Skinniest little bitch youll ever see

In fact, Im taller and weigh less than the previous female posters

EDIT: PS - Im all for chicks with small chests

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

Page: