Forums > Social Chat > everyone has a favorite quote what's yours?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
simple tell me you fav quote.

"some will understand."- buddah

some will understand. -buddah

firedancingfairyenthusiast
201 posts

Posted:
*`~Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land amongst the stars...~`*

Same as Dostoevskiymember
54 posts

Posted:
Жили-были старик со старухой у самого синего моря...

when it gets colder that -25, you don't really care

Dirty Marmite SpiderClimbing up my leg
141 posts

Posted:
Loads of stuff from Witnail and I, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Spinal Tap but I don't want to spoil them by telling people who haven't seen them yet.

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
"and for an encore man goes on to prove black is white and gets killed in the next zebra crossing."
hitchhikers guide to the galaxy.
a book that every one can use.

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Some music artist from a magazine to some kind of effect like this but it was articulated much better:

"I still haven't found that place that I can call home, the place that smells good, feels comfortable and the rhythms are mellow"

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Celestamember
1 post

Posted:
An active mind cannot live
in an inactive body.

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
There is no gratitude - only irritation if, for any reason, the newly invented conveniences break down. Men don't spend their time thanking God for cars; they only curse when the carburettor is choked.
-- Aldous Huxley

Anyone who's ever had to do technical support for consumers will understand that one...

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Discordian thought eh?

"In some way a thing is, in some way a thing is not, in some way a thing is indescribable, in some way a thing is and is indescribable, in some way a thing is not and is indescribable, and in some way a thing is, is not, and is indescribable." - From The Illuminatus Trillogy

However also a central tennant of Jainism in eastern philosophy, and if you can unravel what it means, its got a very cute meaning.

"'And you better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It's unpleasently like being drunk' - 'Well, what's so unpleasent about being drunk?' - 'You ask a glass of water!'" - Hitchhikers Guide (Ah what a terrific series of writings!)

shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
We cant stop here!!... this is bat country

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
this is something my teacher asked me and when ever i try to think of it my mind goes blank.

"what did my face look like before my parents were born?"

Alumitymember
30 posts

Posted:
A guy in my art class once said;
"Speak my mind? I'd hate myself if I did that!"

I just thought it was the funniest thing ever.

And because my brother is a "Techno Junkie" and plays Warcraft (3);
"Guns don't kill people.. I do! *manic laughter*"

[ 26. October 2003, 16:17: Message edited by: Alumity ]

there'll be no angels

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
I could go on for hours... but these 2 come to mind.

"I haven't slept for four days because that would be to long" -Mitch Hedberg

"When i was a kid i used to pray every night for a bicycle, but one day i realized god doesn't work that way, so i stole a bike and prayed for forgiveness." -Jack Handy

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

Phellanmember
74 posts

Posted:
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit . . . ("There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain . . .").

"I don't have a moral plan. I'm a Canadian."--David Cronenberg

"...I felt sad, because I realized that once people are broken in certain ways, they can't ever be fixed, and this is something that nobody ever tells you when you are young and it never fails to surprise you as you grow older, as you see people in your life break one by one. You wonder when your turn is going to be, or if it's already happened."
-Dana-Christene Umanetz

SarChasm (n.)
The gap that exists between the sarcastic person's wit, and the recipient who doesn't get it.

There's a few. . . I have toooooo many! *has pages of them*

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
"If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." -Jack Handy

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
"If you speak before you think you find out what you really thought"

"Do not hesitate to screw the system, as it already does the same to you" - Me

"Don't steal, the government hates competiion" - A t-shirt at the custom t-shit place in the mall

"Sex is evil, Evil is sin, Sin is forgiven, So sex is in" F-Sgt Loney

My Fiance in response to me quoting that last night "I'll drink to that"

"Sex, drugs, and rock and roll. Drink a mickey, smoke a bowl Sooner or later we're gonna die. So f*ck the world now lets get high" Can't remember

One of my friends in response "I'll smoke to that"

"If the sea was vodka and i were a duck i'd sink to the bottem and drink my way up." Can't remember

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
'Im not little, it's everyone else that's too big'.

Lilo from Lilo and Stitch.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

.Morph.SILVER Member
addict
669 posts

Posted:
"Without change, something sleeps inside us." Dune

"Pisques tout les creatures sont au font des freres, il faut traiter vos betes comme vous traitez vos amis" -from Carter Beats the Devil
translated:
" In the end, as all creatures are our brothers, you have to treat all animals as you treat your friends"

MEERCATBRONZE Member
A Meerkat that eats chicken
194 posts

Posted:
"WHAT D'YA THINK I AM ......SUM C**T"

Gangster No 1

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
*The mind of man is bigger than the sky.All of us together somehow invent this world..*Ben Okri

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
"we don't need gun control we need bullet control. raise the price of bullets to $5000."
-crisrock

Red_RaveNGOLD Member
Neo - Hippie
358 posts

Posted:
"We robots don't have emotions and sometimes, that makes me sad : o (" Bender, Futurama

Does anyone know any Terry Pratchett ones..?

Smile.. It confuses people..:)

Wonders never cease as long as you never cease to wonder.

dj_retromember
87 posts

Posted:
Okay...Mitch Hedberg is the end all be all funniest comic of all time! but on to my quote...and if anyone can tell me who said it i would really love to know...i kinda forgot

"Innocence is born into a world where it is forced to lose its innocence..."

and

"I feel weather a duck likes me or not is in direct relation to weather or not i have bread...which is the biggest joke on the duck...for he is unable to buy a loaf..."

<( ' ' )>
Fear the Kirby

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
".....by a solitary old man who claimed repeatedly thatnothing was true, though he was later discovered to be lying."douglas adams

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
never play leapfrog with a unicorn
--me

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by White RaveN:
Does anyone know any Terry Pratchett ones..?
"Are you a philosopher? Where's your sponge?" - Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

"Greebo turned slowly, a faint, lazy smile on his scarred face. As a human, his nose was broken and a black patch covered his bad eye. But the other one glittered like the sins of angels, and his smile was the downfall of saints. Female ones, anyway." - Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad

"Other theories about the ultimate start involve gods creating the universe out of the ribs, entrails and testicles of their father. There are quite a lot of these. They are interesting, not for what they tell you about cosmology, but for what they say about people. Hey, kids, which part do you think they made your town out of?" - Terry Pratchett, Lords and Ladies

"A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read." - Terry Pratchett, Guards, Guards!

E pluribus unum, baby.

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
"A is for academics.
B is for beer.
one of these reasons
is why i'm not here." - my friends answering machine.

margitaSILVER Member
.:*distracted by shiny things*:.
3,777 posts

Posted:
ahhh...quotes!! i have a 60 page document full of quotes! (it's 10 point font...many many quotes!)

here's a few i like a lot!!

'lamingtons don't fly unless you throw them!' - my friend dan

'i stared into the abyss, the abyss stared into me...neither of us liked what we saw'

'a watery tart handing out swords is no basis for a system of government!' - peasant in monty python's holy grail

'laughter is a tranquilizer with no side effects'

'when the first living thing was created, i was there, waiting. and when the last living thing shall perish, my job will be done. i'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights and lock the universe behind me when i leave' – death

there ya go...there are plenty more where that came from!!

do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat!

if at first you do succeed, try not to look too astonished!

smile! :grin: it confuses people!

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
i just remembered another couple of quotes!!!

'do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good to eat'

'my friends are vey fruity indeed' - the whitlams

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
“The mark of a truly beautiful woman is that from one angle she looks so stunningly lovely you feel you will die if you cannot have her; yet, from another, she is ugly, repulsive, you are afraid of her.” – Picasso

"I think we ought to read only the kind of books that wound and stab us. If the book we're reading doesn't wake us up with a blow on the head, what are we reading it for? So that it will make us happy? …Good Lord, we would be happy precisely if we had no books, and the kinds of books that make us happy are the kind we could write ourselves if we had to. But we need the books that affect us like a disaster, that grieve us deeply, like the death of someone we loved more than ourselves, like being banished into forests far from everyone, like a suicide. A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us." - Franz Kafka

“And what are the rules? Ask me and I will strike you because you are not looking; I will have decapitated you without your knowing. One can try to formulate obscure theories to avoid playing the game or one can play the game to win.” – Daniel Kolak, Wittgenstein’s Tractatus: Translator’s Preface

E pluribus unum, baby.

margitaSILVER Member
3,777 posts

Posted:
eagles may soar proud and free, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!!

if only there were some indication that the universe was doing it on purpose!!! (it's from some movie i think - if anyone knows where it's from please let me know!!)

Page: