originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
my mate chez dropped round some cage poi and a big old bag of wire wool last night, this makes my poi collection up to 4(5 if i dismantle my meteors)
so im looking forward to a bit of fire on the park tonight and some huge sparky circles and not getting carried away and doing across the body moves.
the next set i plan to get will be poi heads and rope wick all the way up, no safety margin, move or burn, they should be fun to use.
any advice on these two types of poi and their use will be very welcome.
ill let you know how it goes tomorow, heres hoping my knee doesnt dislocate again.
but how good does it feel when you try a new set of poi for the first time you all know what i mean im sure.
ttfn

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
He he. Virgin poi, sacrificed to the Gods of Great Fire....

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

GnorBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
5,814 posts

Posted:
mmm... take some pics so we can all see.
Also tell me if you get heaps of slag and burns from the wire wool.
Goodluck....

Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Im in a lonely battle with the world with a fish to match the chip on my shoulder. Gnu in Binnu in a cnu

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
After I make new set of poi, I usually let them sit a while in a place I can see them alot so I can admire them. Then I usually come up with some excuse to not burn them for a while longer (well, I'm flying to california next, and it'll be easier to get them thru security if they don't have any fuel residue on them...)

By the time I get around to actually burning them, I'm usually hunched over them wispering things like, "yes my precious, we won't let those dirty little raverses hurts you..."

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Captain HazzardBRONZE Member
Ninja (shhhh, don't tell)
420 posts

Posted:
i've got a new set of toys, a pair of flails. i spent ages making them, but now i'm too scared to spin 'em! they look totally evil!
i've spun them once, but whacked myself in the back of the head leaving a bloody large lump!

gits

I only wanted to be 16... and free