Page:
ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Wow how much has Hop changed my life?
I met my husband here on Hop, I have made friends all across the world, France, England, Canada, (anyone seen bram latley?) USA, EVEN melburp...
I have met people who have touched my life and supported me unconditionally even though they may not have met me before!!! How wonderful is this community?!?!?!
I now have two fraggles who will visit arsn and I in may, a froggie that dances around the world with poi who wispers secrets to my soul and a princess from a REAL life palace who will be playing with sparklers with me on the beach in february!!!I have a naughty little sprite who plays with whips and quotes shakespeare,
I have an angel who lives in sydney and who is the voice of reason to many people in pain, a Gerbilmonkeypigeonferret girl who causes many sparks with her wonderful artwork and shirts, and even a lil kitty friend who chats regularly to my cat Buddha!!!
If I hadnt stumbled across this site I would be much lessor person.
How has Hop changed your life?
This is a thread where you can tell Malcolm what his hard work means to us as well as storys of the people you have met and the lives that you have become part of...
We u HOP

Ps If you think hard enough you should be able to work out who all the people are I have mentioned in this thread...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
HoP has lead me to a whole new way of life!

It has taught me a great way to relax both mentally and physically, in the form of poi!

Not to mention that I have met some really cool people and should be meeting more in the very near future, and I have also met my girlfriend thanks to the wonderful pages that are HoP!!

Thankyou Malcolm

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
It's kind of cool to meet people who can agree with statements along the lines of "I have a black eye, bruised calves and smell of kerosene. It was a good weekend."

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Dirty Marmite SpiderClimbing up my leg
141 posts

Posted:
HoP never fails to make me smile, no matter how shit I feel. And after all, laughter is the music of the soul.

Thank you Malcolm, HoP is the marmite on my spider!!!!

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
HoP helped me to meet, Dom, Glass, Cassandra, josh & kate, Jo, Tempest some of the most beautiful people in the whole world.
one day i will meet malcolm and he will be on that list too.
hop has changed my life in many ways, too many.

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Met my girlfriend.
Distracted me from my job
Taught me all I know about twirling.
Allowed me the chance to meet loads of likeminded people...

Opened my mind to thing's I'd otherwise never
have known about.

Helped me along my way toward where I'm going. I haven't got there yet but this place has let me know I'm on the right track...

RENEWED MY FAITH THAT THERE ARE BEAUTIFULL PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
I met PK - but he seems to have forgotted.

I also met my Fraggle who I am currently travelling the world with. I have friends in every corner of the globe. I have more confidence and am more happy with myself, I don't feel the need to try to fit in any more. I have a trimmer tummy from spinning and manly arms from doubles I have more patience teaching and through meeting people from all walks of lofe, all parts of the world and all opinions I have more tollerence and more understanding. I think I have a higher affinity for learning in a very differnt way from any other I have encountered. I have learned to dance and move, which I had always previously been to shy to do. And i've learnded to spin which I couldn't have done without the lessons page on HoP to get me started.

I HoP

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
HoP and poi have really helped me to chill out and learn to appreciate everything and everyone i meet. Met some really cool, talented people and also met my boyfriend!

Fankoo Malcolm!!!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
I met ROS AND CATNIP

i was timing you to see how quick you would have noticed being in foreign lands!

damn technology....

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
This summer I met these lovely people who i probably wouldn't have otherwise: Nomad, Glass, Dom, Fluffy Napalm Fairy, Drome Pixie, UCOF, Lolli, MisStix, Durbs, Smallboy, Smallgirl, Pink Poi, Bovril Monkey, BamBam, DFQ, Hels Bells, Nix?, Coleman, NYC, Alien Fox, Matthew BM, Fairy Em, Weasel Boy, Polythene, DsAds, Ogre, Jez, Sir_Sheep, Pink Flags, Knoxious, Simian, Tattty, Idubl, Frostypaw, Jessica, Spanner, and their friends and various others. I also almost met c@ntus, but he was doing that thing which fraggles do when humans come near and being ellusive

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
I can't imagine my life without HoP.

I have met many wonderful people who have helped me and shared the best times of my life with. Including my BF.

It just has made me happy and given me something to do with my life.

Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
I cant describe just how much this site has helped me. Ive met so many wonderful people:
Mechhead, onewheeldave,one dizzy bird, tempest, angie, jo, aiden, anthea, pk, nat, lolli, solace, nyc, and more.....
Then there's the people who i havent met, but who i talk to almost every day: Big Dav,Step(Mechhead), Pink poi, gidg, tarrie, Flamechild, ennix sun, myste, Patrick.There's always new people to talk to and meet, and ive met the kindest and loveliest and most helpful people through this site.
I don't get to see most people as often as i like, but i can always keep in touch through this site.
Ive learnt new moves, and valuable information from this site too.But the social side of things is the most valuable to me.
The people who i speak to everyday and who keep me smiling know who they are, much love to u all.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
Hop... its been a long journey.

Learned everything off the site...

Started to develope and add things with peaple from here

Eventually gained one of the loveliest groups of friends ever!

Hop has given me a totally new direction inlife, and constant source of amuzement and amazement and some very valuable lessons.

thank you all and Malcom for putting up with my antics and sharing my joy, I love you all.

T

p.s. PK i met you too!

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

ieuanBRONZE Member
holy man
110 posts

Posted:
HoP has been great. Poi has become like a soothing mantra for me. Sometimes life sucks, but poi makes it all go away for awhile-kinda like vodka. Anyway, you're all great people and I wish I could come and meet some you, but upstate, ny sucks like a hoover. Anyway, thanks to everyone for making things a little better

Peace and Poi

J

Gather your harps from the willow trees, dust off the ancient strings. Call the bards and prophets, let them sing healing and freedom. Let light and love flow from the strings, colors of revelation.

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
HoP has introduced me to so many people that I know I would forget someone if I tried to list them. This group of people has accepted me as I am, as others have not. These people have laughed with me, cried with me, been mad with me. They have opened a world to me that I would never have thought of stepping into. They have shown me that you need to dream and that dreams come true, all you have to do is just reach out a grab them.

My thanks Malcom, for providing a venue for such a great family.

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
HoP makes me smile. Which considering how tired I am this week is a pretty mean feat. Thanks Valura

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
I just had to join in on this one ...
I've only just started learning poi and the free lessons were a major help as are the lovely souls i've met (in cyberspace) and hopefully soon in life...There's something so special about HoP,thank you Malcolm.

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
I met my fiancee on here and many many friends including PK who stayed over at my house and spoke to me on the phone many times but has forgoten me as well.

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
right i quit, i have offended far too many people for giving a relativly short list of people.

i'm off to hide on another forum.

actually i am a member of around 8 forums, this one being probably one of the smallest, except for the latest one i found yesterday, and they have all helped me in many ways, this one more so because of the friends i have made in my travels, jez, ros, catnip and jez.... [+anyone who complains their name is not listed ]

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
see i am tired and my eyes hurt, jez got two mentions....

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I cant wait to meet you next year pk so you can forget about me too!!!!
see Malkee? we does all love you...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
How has Hop helped me...

When I first logged on to this site, how was I to know where it would take me.

It all started way back in March 2002, I was sitting in a libaray. I don't remember if I was told about it, or if I just can across it with only one hour of free internet .

I had only really just started fire twirling and the free leasons, taught me alot, and the friendships not only opened me up, but allowed me to grow as a person.

My Life took quite a big turn and saw me on my way for quite a large walk down the east coast of Australia... now I truely don't know why but I passed on by Sydney and ended in Melbourne.

The first from Melbourne to offer any help was the one and only bender, who not only offered friendship... but offered family. Stevil opened his doors when my first place to stay didn't work out. And the people all over the city allowed me to burn with them all.

Stevil became like a brother to me, he cooked, I'd clean... I'd cook, he'd clean... he would stay up late playing playstation and even helped to nudge me back to my own family by giving a ticket home ...

When I did land back in Queensland and patch things up with my family, the first to offer friendship was Valura... I still remember blocking the light from her eyes when we first met, and the smile... the cheeky smile followed by a kidish... "Hi" .

Valura showed me the scene in Brisbane, and I took to it like a fish in water, Brisbane may have been the place where I first picked up staff and poi... but I had never seen this side of Brisbane before .

Valura and I became close... very very close, as in our first date only ended when she went to NZ about two months ago, we were never apart. On our first date, we moved in together, not only with others, but then into our own home.

We married each other near a mountain river only, just the two of us. And I've never looked back since.

I've meet many people from all over the world, and my list is always growing...

So how has hop helped me... it gave me family and friends, it showed me that I can better myself and skills... and most of all it allowed me to be me...

Cheers for getting this far...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
With out hop i wouldn't off been able to meet soo many beautiful people .

quote:
Finally i have freaky unusuall friends just like me people in the hop circle arn't scread of me or even judge me
Lets see i've got a leo friend who's soo badly like me when i was his age (it's not funny and very true ).

A crab lady (i wonder who )that i can talk to when trouble's are in my life . Who can read me as well cause of the spirts (she knows me a little better than what she put's on .)

I've had oppertunties come up cause of hop (thank you elixia ). That are to good to miss out on .

Or even a nice girl in sydney that helped me out when i needed a place to stay . Thank's always Rozi you helped keep my sanity .

OR the fact im not as synical as i use to be .

Or without hop i wouldn't of even knew of gathering's . Not forgetting the moonfest (Lovely Pixies Moonpixie and Bec ) .

Whitout hop i wouldn't have my lovely whip or poi or flags (malcom you do a great job on Quality control).

Without hop i wouldn't be able to meet or talk to beautiful people accross the world .

Oh jezz im in just a graet mood now Love all you guy's (god what a hug post for me ).

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I had one the hardest times I have experienced recently and you guys were there for me...
ROZI, FLYNTY, BAMMERS thank you, you beautiful snuggle sisters... You drew me outta the yuckiness I was feeling.

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
To put it simply:

1) Through HOP I have met amazing and incredible people who I would have never met otherwise. I have friends all over the world now thanks to HOP.

2) HOP has made me a better spinner by showing me moves that wouldn't have occurred to me alone.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
in more ways than i can mention

except to point out to pk that not only did i meet him but he and his lovely lady actually moved in with me

oh for the short term memory of a poi-nerd...

to y'all

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
*bump for joulz*

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
without HoP i wouldn't know anything about Poi and all spinning things related. i remember finding this site after learning to eat fire from a friend when i was trying to get more info. on fire breathing, when i first found this site i immedately went and made some practice poi and started learning, everything i know i've learned from this site or made variations to things i've learned from off of here. also since i know basically no one near me that spins i get to talk to other ppl that do spin on here and i've met alot of ppl on here (not in real life but maybe someday!) thanks so much HoP and everyone that works hard to maintain it!~
hug
Christina

Page: