Forums > Social Chat > The OFFICIAL Home of Poi Rollcall

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
With the continuing influx of new people (Big firey welcome to you all!) I guess it makes a lot of sense for us to have an official "getting to know you" type thread. smile Elders and Newbies alike, enter your details here and feel free to use/modify/disregard the format below:Name: flash fire (Sarah)Sex: female (remember, all possible smart responses to this question have already been done!)Age: 23Location: Sydney AustraliaURL: https://wickeffect.cjb.net/Toys:
all fire staff/double staff/double crossesBeen twirling for: about 4 yearsOccupation: corporate lackieHobbies other than obvious: reading, skiing, travelling, doofing, cruising in my Jeep!Favourite Colour: red Most viewed Movie: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory or The Doors.Favourite Quote/Saying: an ye harm none do as thou wilt.Best twirling related moment in life so far: I will have to think long and hard to answer.So, post away kiddies! and feel free to occasionally bump this thread to keep it at the top.flash------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 29 June 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Diesel_RaVermember
15 posts

Posted:
Wow, i cant believe it, i came back to this site cuz all you awesome heads keep sending me emails smile keep it up all of ya, i love meeting new peeps whether its to duel or to go clubbing with smile -DieselDieselraverxtc@hotmail.comAIM: Dieselraver

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
!bump!Pity we can't make this a permanent top thread without bumping it.Any chance we can talk Malcolm into buying a new Board software? Like UBB maybe?Okay, so I'm here for free. But I'm an American, we try to weasel more free stuff and better free stuff out of everything! grin------------------FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB."Those who can, do. Those who can't, critique"Pyromorph.com - Let the fire change you

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

Scratch_n_Sniffmember
9 posts

Posted:
Name: Chris!!!!!Sex: maleAge: 20Location: Adelaide Australia at the moment, but for most of the year, it's Dunedin, New ZealandToys: single fire staff, glow staff, and fire devil sticks!Been twirling for: all of about one and a half monthsOccupation: Physio Student (BLEAH!)Hobbies other than obvious: kung fu, playing and composing stuff on piano, film,Favourite Colour: Used to be a boring bright blue, but now a boring bright red.Most viewed Movie: Rush Hour 2 (it's not my fault that my flatmates continually chuck it on at lunchtimes!)Favourite Quote/Saying: Oooh, a toss up between: -Needless complexity is a sign of a conditioned mind... Simplicity is the missing ingredient.-You spend so much time, looking for flaws, pretty soon they're all you see...Best twirling related moment in life so far: First time I lit them up and managed to avoid burning my hair!------------------Needless complexity is a sign of a conditioned mind...Simplicity is the missing ingredient

Needless complexity is a sign of a conditioned mind...
Simplicity is the missing ingredient

Tailsmember
16 posts

Posted:
okie.... here goesName: Tails(Myles)Gender: MaleAge: 21Stars: GemeniLocation: Lake Tahoe, CaliforniaToys of choice: Glowsticks, LEDs, Meteors and Fire PoiTwirling Duration: 9 months (and boy are my arms tired)Fav color: Green(the same color of the new LED stop lights)Most viewed movie: Star Wars trilogy, any Monty Python flicBest Poi Moment to date: Fire poi with two fountain fireworks on halloween.. was scary, but looked REAL neat (i got pix now as well wink )

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
Name: PKSex: maleAge: 22..soon 23Location: Sheffield,South Yorkshire, EnglandToys:Fire poi and double poi, Meteors, Staff.Occupation: Cellar Manager, Republic nightclub / home of www.Gatecrasher.comHobbies other than obvious:Photography mainly of fire, Walking, Fishing in the summer, Clubbing as and when i can. Photoshop6 grin, Cinema's Pierceing tattoo's and body modifications and most of all being proud of who i am and what i do.Favourite Colour:Black, Red, Chrome.Favourite animals: Mainecoons, Cyclura cornuta (rhinoceros iguana) and the marine iguana family (Amblyrhynchus).Pets: 2 mainecoons, 2 cats..get my marine fish in a few weeks i cant wait.Oh and i have been spinning for nigh on 5 months.PK
Non-Https Image Link
[This message has been edited by vain-ego pk (edited 25 January 2002).]

BlackJohnmember
2 posts

Posted:
[list]Name: BlackJohnSex: MaleAge: 21Location: Cambridge, UKURL: www.blackjohn.comToys: Firebreathing, FirePoi (2 yrs)Occupation: Student, Natural Science.Hobbies: Jiu-Jitsu, Hillwalking, Running a Charity(well, it's kind of a hobby) making salad dressing.Fave coloUr: Black!Quote: oh, so many... on the website, really.

Mickeymember
1 post

Posted:
Name: Maddmouser (Mickey) Age: 22 Sex: Maybe, If you ask nice. (Male)Location: Sun Diego, CalifunyaOccupation: Ex-JarHead(Ouhra)July 97-2001. Banjo maker, yes Banjos, for now. and joining the Navy Feb 1st. Hobbies: Anything that's dangerous: Rock climbing, Repeling, Helo Repeling, Spy rigging, (hanging from the bottom of a helocopter by a rope while flying). And, Im a Role Playing Gamer, if you happen to know what that is. Toys: None, I'm practicing with glow sticks from new years, some boot string, and a lot of tape.Favourites: Books: R.A. Heinlein's- "Stanger in a Stange Land", and "Star Ship Troopers". (I hated the movie) O.S.Card's- "Enders Game", and "Enders Shadow" And I have Yale's complete works of Shakespear. Color: Purple, nobility and power. Movies: Shakespears "Romeo&Juliet" with Claire Danes. "American Beauty" with Kevin Spacy. "Requim for a Dream" with Shawn Waynes. Music: Dave Mathews Band, Lucy Pearl, Offsping, Tim Migraw, and Robert Miles. Quote: "To change everything, simply change your attitude." "Hell is when the heart is Lonely" "A friend is a person who know all about you, but likes you anyways"I haven't been twirling long enough to have a best moment,yet. but I will.Well that everything but my bood type and my famly tree. Hope you like it Maddmouser

Chaos Childemember
4 posts

Posted:
Name: Chaos Childe (Yoshi)Sex: MaleAge: 19 (apparant age 14)Location: Santa CruzURL: www.angelfire.com/ca2/x/index.htmlToys: fire staff, single staff, clubs/torches, single cross, glowstixBeen twirling for: a little over a yearOccupation: studentHobbies other than obvious: Reading, listening to music, writing, computer games, ravingFavourite Colour: blackFavourite Quote/Saying: Fuck 'em if they care.Best twirling related moment in life so far: Um. The first time I lit up. Such a rush!..~~''~~..~~''~~..~~''~~..P|-|342 7|-|4 K177Y[This message has been edited by Chaos Childe (edited 26 January 2002).]

..~~''~~..~~''~~..~~''~~..P|-|342 7|-|4 K177Y

silicon_ballmember
2 posts

Posted:
Name: Silicon Ball (Luke)Sex: MaleAge: 23Location: Melbourne AustraliaToys: Poi (fire/glowstick/comet)Hobbies: Juggling (toss/contact/bounce)Favourite Color: Blue

The Welcome Mattmember
193 posts

Posted:
Name: Matt MivilleSex: MaleAge: 20Location: Manchester NH (USA)URL: www.ahh-thepooh.netToys: Poi - Glowstick/LED/and Buzz Poi.Been twirling for: about 4/5 monthsOccupation: college student (psychology major)Hobbies other than obvious: reading, skiing, twirling and most anything that ends in ING smile just kidding.. i'm no where near much of an athlete smileMost viewed Movie: Braveheart, Highlander, The Crow, or ShrekFavourite Quote/Saying: Light is the darkness most fear.Best twirling related moment in life so far: My first time in front of a crowd... sooo much fun, and all I could do was the butterfly and the mexican wave.. haha.------------------www.ahh-thepooh.net <>

I dreamt that I ate a 10 pound marshmellow and then when I woke up, my pillow was gone!

utilitydeamonmember
33 posts

Posted:
Name: Michael NewmeyerAge:14Living in:Saline, MI USATyps of music: Everything not mainstream (ska, techno, trance, reggae)Hobbies :Devil Sticks, Diablo, Makeing music, other fun stuffSite: www.salinecarnies.comFavorite Quote: "I feel infinate"Favorite Poi moment: I was at a talent show for a friend's mom's company. All the people there were really cool. I was spinning poi to this cool drumming music. After all of ur were done (3 of us) someone asked me for my autograph... It was great!!! [This message has been edited by utilitydeamon (edited 27 January 2002).]

sleepymikemember
5 posts

Posted:
Name: SleepyMike (Mike)Age: 38 (really, really)Sex: Is this a trick question?Email: sleepymike@passthebowl.comLocation: Clearwater, FloridaSign: Slippery when wetToys: Just ordered fire poi and mastering the beginner moves...made a practice pair for about $6 from hardware and fishing partsBeen twirling for: A month, if thatOccupation: Tech SupportUnobvious hobbies: Cooking, camping, photographyMusic related stuff: All types, except Rap and Country.Favorite Color: PlaidMost viewed movie: Princess Bride, The Crying Game, Planet of the Apes (the original), The Color PurpleFavorite Quote: "Pot will get you through times of no money much better that money will get you through times of no pot"Freewheelin' Franklin of the Fabulous Furry Freak BrothersFavorite Twirling Moment: No Pics of me twirling yet, but my best moment so far is when I got my first run of pics back that I took of some friends 'playing with fire', and they all came out great.

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Ok, my turn now, even though I did my Howdy Howdy thread already. oops smileName: Jello (Daniel)Sex: maleAge: 20Location: Minnesota USAURL: noneToys: just glow sticks for now smileBeen twirling for: uhhhh, like 2 weeksOccupation: Undergrad Architecture StudentHobbies other than obvious: skiing, snowboarding, camping, relaxingFavourite Colour: red, blue Most viewed Movie: Airplane oddly enoughFavourite Quote/Saying: Anything with the words yonder or betwixtBest twirling related moment in life so far: Uhh, I once nicely connect the 3 moves I knew, that was fun.------------------Ambiguous

GlOwStIcKpRiNcEsSmember
3 posts

Posted:
Oops I messed up before grinName:Glowstick princess(Jessica)Sex:FemaleAge:15(scorpio)I'm a youngin'Location:Naples,FLToys:GlowsticksBeen twirling for:like 2 months or soOccupation:high school studentFavorite color:greenHobbies besides the obvious:flagline,taking pictures of my b/f(DocLiquid) twirling glowsticks and fire, taking pictures in general.Skills: besides glowsticks I can also twirl a flag and a rifle.Best twirling moments:When I finally got my btb weave and when I learned how to do a 3bt weave in 1/2 an hour.Most viewed movies:Billy Madison and Happy Gilmore, I know every word.Favorite books:The Harry Potter books, I know sounds dorky but they're really good smileGoal:to become as good as my b/f DocLiquid-who is teaching me everything he knows. I love you baby!!P.L.U.R.,Jessica------------------*P.L.U.R.*Live by it*

*P.L.U.R.*Live by it*

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Name:Miles CuffSex: MaleD.O.B: 05/03/84 (17) - PiscesLocation: South West EnglandToys: Fire poi, 6' fire staff, Been twirling for: 1 MonthOccupation: StudentHobbies: Rugby, reading, tap dancing, etcFave colour: BlackMost viewed movies: Rocky (1-5), Blade, Favourite quote: "........" (silence is golden)------------------As voted by you, the viewing public.

kAte*member
15 posts

Posted:
Name: KateSex: gerlAge: sixteenLocation: Brisbane, AustraliaToys: Single staff, poiTwirling for: about... six months ¿?What do i do?: schoolgirl.. Colours: green, brown, orangeFavourite movie: run lola run, trainspotting, the matrixRad stuff: Doof!, psychology, *people* smile, trees, vegetarianism, trekking places, retro, thinking, learning, astronomy, environmentalismBest twirling moment: twirling with my princess amy *grins*

TanzenBRONZE Member
55 posts

Posted:
Name: Tanzen (a German verb meaning "to dance")Sex: MaleAge: Old enough to know better, young enough not to care.Location: Florida (lived in Europe for the past 6 1/2 years though)Hobbies: Raving, DJing, Surfing, TravelingFavorite Color: BlueFavorite Color To Spin: Green (it's usually the brightest)What I Spin: Glowsticks On StringStarted Spinning: January 1, 2002 (what a way to begin the new year, eh?)Favorite Spinning Momment: Haven't been doing it that long to have a "favorite momment".I learned of this site through a guy I met in a club last night. He saw me using glowsticks on string and gave me the www address for this site...glad he did...seems like a cool site.Tanzen

Ravers don't share glowsticks!

Becsmember
1 post

Posted:
Hey there..Name: BecSex: FemaleAge: 25Location: Adelaide, South AustraliaToys: Poi. Also firestaff and juggling balls but have just started using them so can't do much so far! smileTwirling for: A while.. but not long consistently!Occupation: Professional studentHobbies: Music, travelling, reiki and meditation, trance parties, belly dancing, reading...Favourite quote: "Age is nothing, experience is everything"Favourite colours: Green and purpleFavourite book: "Veronika Decides to Die", by Paulo CoelhoFavourite music: Like a range but the best has got to be goa/psy trance and Salmonella Dub!!Favourite twirling moment: Well... as I said, haven't been doing it consistently but joining in on all the fire craziness on the last night of the Roskilde festival in Denmark was fun!

SurlochSILVER Member
64 posts

Posted:
Don't think I'm on this yet (it didn't turn up in a search of all my posts so here goes)Name: Surloch (Ben)Sex: MaleAge: 21Location: Brisbane, AustraliaToys: staff (single/double), poi, Glostaff!Been twirling for: staff - 1 year, poi 2 weeks hehe. Occupation: Web DevelopmentHobbies other than obvious: Reading, Writing, Camping, Singing, Dancing, some Sports, running amokFavourite Colour: GreenMost viewed Movie: Highlander, LotRFavourite Quote/Saying: Anyway... or Exactly!Best twirling related moment in life so far: Um, getting the Glostaff and running that very night to a club to twirl it round. It was very well recieved grin

Ní mar a síltear a bítear

“Things may not be as they seem to be”

redmow80member
11 posts

Posted:
name: patsex: maleage: 22 ( jan 10 1980, capricorn and year of the monkey )occupation: curently a student with a job that is only as an income.area of the world: kansas usa but originaly from northern cali. sonoma county to be specific. hobbies: inclue the obviouse, hiking snowboarding, skydiving, tai chi, akido, yoga, and phtography.religion: variable- i keep an openess to everything but do not believe in anything one specific.favorite films: crouching tiger hidden dragon, and pretty much anything that has kung fu portrayed in it.favorite book: still life with woodpecker, if you're a red head you should definatly read this book.goal: to be an airial poi yogi master with atributes derived from akido and gymnastics as well as a photo-journalist mainly paying attention to wildlife.

robingreenshoesmember
32 posts

Posted:
Rob here Sir. Sorry I haven't been to school before but I really didn't know it existed.Age : 21Sex : MaleToys : Fire/glowstick PoiOther interests : eating, sleeping and partying, reading(I don't care what anyone says, reading a good book is one of the best things to do on a comedown, readind lord of the rings on acid is not)Been twirling for : about 6 months, but don't practice as much as I should.Occupation : StudentFavourite book : Of Mice and Men or, Catch 22Best twirling related moment : Watching my pissed (drunk) friend Will hit himself time and time again with fire poi before finally managing to wrap one around his head. Poor boy![This message has been edited by robingreenshoes (edited 05 February 2002).]

TwiloRabbitmember
5 posts

Posted:
Name: TwiloRabbit(Deniz)Sex: FemaleAge: 27 sag.Location: New JerseyToys: Glowsticks since jannuary 2001, and strings(sometimes).Occupation: un-employedHobbies other than obvious: fine arts, poetry.Favourite Colour:blue,pink,blackFavourite animal: Cats(i've got 2 cats)Favourite Club: Twilo (still is)

sprytemember
45 posts

Posted:
Name: RebeccaSex: FemaleAge:21Astrology:Taurus Gemini CuspToys: Poi Glowsticks, Diablo, ScarvesTwirling for: 1 year on fire !.5 years notOccupation: Child and Youth worker STUDENTHobbies: Volunteer work , Medival artsFavourite colour: A Purpuly Blue, More PurpleFav. Quote: Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land amongst the stars.Best Twirling moment so far: The cheering that broke the scilence after my first fire performance infront of a crowd

fujisawamember
11 posts

Posted:
Name: FujisawaSex: male Age: 21Location: Johnson City, TN (and looking for others around the area!)Toys: UV Poi, GlowstixWanted Toys: Fire, Staff, Fire Sword... ALL THE TOYS! Been twirling for: 2 1/2 monthsOccupation: StudentHobbies other than obvious: Drumming, music, art, reading, drumming, teaching, goofing off, drumming.Favourite Colour: purple Most viewed Movie: Alice In WonderlandFavourite Quote/Saying: Argh, matey, want a cookie?Best twirling related moment in life so far: The day I actually did a whole routine and didn't knock the crap outta myself. smile

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I've noticed one or two strangers about lately so I've bumped this for my own peace of mind.------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 15 February 2002).]

Meh

poiboymember
22 posts

Posted:
Name: Noah KarpAge:19Birthday: June 8Location: Long Beach, CaliforniaBeen Spinning for: 1.5 yrs.Toys: glowsticks, FIRE (really soon), some staffHobbies: poi, drumming, piano, dancing (break and ballroom), swimming, writing, various acrobatics.My Color: GreenMost Viewed Movie: Fear and Loathing in Las VegasBest Book: The Jehovah Contract, by Victor KomanBest Spinning Moment: the realization that you can dance with it instead of just standing stillFavorite Meal: steak, lobster, and garlic-butter pasta w/ shrimp

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Nope, wasn't you.

Meh

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Hhmmmm, 14 posts, shoulda got around to it sooner:Name: RosalynAge:23 (recent birthday, I keep forgetting & saying 22)Birthday: Jan 19Location: Sydney, AustraliaBeen Spinning for: 1 yrs.Toys: staff (fire when feeling brave & pissed), & poi (unlit cos I keep hitting myself in the head)Hobbies: noneMy Color: Green, I am a redhead!!!Most Viewed Movie: Shallow GraveBest Book: War & Peace (I forced myself to read it just so I could tell people I did) But the one I actually enjoyed most was DuneBest Spinning Moment: At Mullumbimby, at top of the foothills, just below some cliffs, looking out across the valley to the ocean, sun setting, spinning & feeling wonderfulFavorite Meal: stir fry prawns with chilli & basil.MBTI: INTJ but very close to INFJ

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Sorry Cantus, my incredibly witty & informative post got lost somewhere. Will try again....

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Yay!!!!If you go away for 5 minutes and then come back the replies FINALLY appear!!

Page: ......