Forums > Social Chat > The OFFICIAL Home of Poi Rollcall

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
With the continuing influx of new people (Big firey welcome to you all!) I guess it makes a lot of sense for us to have an official "getting to know you" type thread. smile Elders and Newbies alike, enter your details here and feel free to use/modify/disregard the format below:Name: flash fire (Sarah)Sex: female (remember, all possible smart responses to this question have already been done!)Age: 23Location: Sydney AustraliaURL: https://wickeffect.cjb.net/Toys:
all fire staff/double staff/double crossesBeen twirling for: about 4 yearsOccupation: corporate lackieHobbies other than obvious: reading, skiing, travelling, doofing, cruising in my Jeep!Favourite Colour: red Most viewed Movie: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory or The Doors.Favourite Quote/Saying: an ye harm none do as thou wilt.Best twirling related moment in life so far: I will have to think long and hard to answer.So, post away kiddies! and feel free to occasionally bump this thread to keep it at the top.flash------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 29 June 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

FevaGirlmember
21 posts

Posted:
Name: Liz winkSex: FemaleAge: 28Astrology: AquariusLocation: Edmonton, Alberta CanadaOccupation: I work in TelecommunicationsToys: Poi Been twirling for: bout 1 1/2 yearsOther hobbies: Anything to do with electronic musicFavourite movie: Lord of the RingsFavourite Colour: BlueBest twirling moment in life so far: spinning fire for the 2nd time under a full moon at a party with all my friends! smile

Peace, Beats, Love and Light!

Stumember
16 posts

Posted:
Name: Stuart (can you see the deeper meaning of the userID now winkSex: MaleAge: 26Location: London UK, although I'm from North WalesOccupation: Software Support (Phone Monkey)Toys: Just Poi so farBeen twirling since: Nov 2001Other hobbies: Inline Skating, Personal Development, Fitness, Alternative Pastimes etc...Favourite book: Clichéd now but still Lord of the RingsFavourite Colour: SilverFavourite Movie: Heat, Ferris Bueller's Day Off.Favourite Quote: That that doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.Best Fire Moment: As the bruises show, it's just as well I’m not yet spinning fire, but I did do a Fire Walk earlier in the year... An intense experience.

~ Don't think you are, Know you are ~Stu ;)

beanmember
1 post

Posted:
name: beansex: femaleage: 26location: Austin, Texas, U.S.A.toys: fire poibeen spinning since: early november 2001occupation: artisthobbies other than obvious: painting, writing, reading, playing, gardening.favorite color: blackfavorite animal: cats, or more specifically, my black cat, morrigan.most viewed movie: better off dead, brain candy or the 5th elementfavorite book: changes often. now, kali's child.looking at me, you wouldn't guess: what an incredible nerd i really am at heart. or that i crochet.right handedfavorite quote/saying: (at the moment) The common man marvels at uncommon things, but the genius marvels at the common things.best twirling related moment so far: i guess the first time i lit up. ah that noise smile.

Hook's baneWill bite you (unless you tickle behind my ears)
188 posts

Posted:
Name: Anthony TaylorSex: MaleAge: 27Location: Northwest England UKOccupation: whiling away the hours busily doing nothing/fluffy furry funksterToys: Staff and a bit of poiBeen twirling since: 26th May 2001Other hobbies: Music, art, knowing more than i get credit for, sleeping, being obtuse.Favourite book: American Gods by Neil GaimanFavourite Colour: PurpleFavourite Movie: Grosse Point BlankeFavourite/most oft said phrases: Tum te tum, it's good to have a hobby, I'll have to paint you a picture...what's your favourite colour?Best Fire Moment: nothing specific comes to mind right now.------------------Follow the bouncing bass

...tick tick tick....

claremember
82 posts

Posted:
Name: clare.Sex: female (Age: 16Location: perf, AustraliaToys: fireypoi. and tennis balls.Been twirling for: 3 months. 4?Occupation: student, kitchenhand and occasional bookstore chickyHobbies other than obvious: um, sorry, i hate 'hobby' questions. i honestly never remember things i like doingFavourite Colour: purple-aqua-pinkMost viewed Movie: empire records or tankgirlFavourite Quote/Saying: this is the dust we're in, Olive, and we'll walk through it like everyone else, for the rest of our lives (a little down, but its so appropriate right now)Best twirling related moment in life so far: hitting myself in the face and getting angelina jolie lips for a day

crazed_bunnymember
12 posts

Posted:
Name: DavidAge: 16Sex: MaleLocation: Sydney, AustraliaOccupation: studentToys: staff (only single at the moment)Been Twirling: 2 weeksSport: Fencing

AcidPlummember
1 post

Posted:
Name: UrsulaSex: femmeAge: 21Location: Sydney, AustraliaAstrology: Capricorn Occupation: nextToys: Comet poi and coming soon beaming poi Fav movie: Anything directed by Stanley KubrickAddictions: The Simpsons, chocolate (best enjoyed together)Fav random comment: "what exactly does a donkey find funny?"...(dont ask!)

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Name: Raymund Phule (Scott)Sex: MaleAge: 20Location: Right now Guam home is San Diego CAURL: https://shinkow.8m.comToys:
Glow Sticks string and a lot of time on my hands been spinnin for a whole 2 weeks give or take...Occupation: Small Arms Repair Tech (a.k.a. I fix guns) Lance Corpral United States Marine CorpsHobbies: Making Medival ArmourFavourite color: the color of that invisible ink stuff... ya thats it.Most Viewd Movie: Any and all Bond moviesFavorite Quote: Some men try their whole lives to gain the world, but I ask you what good is it to gain the world but in doing so, lose your soul?Best Twirling realted moment thus far: Last night at the Globe (club in Guam) spun on stage did ok but was very nervus and faild to get my wraps ohh that made me angry.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Fire By Riz tmmember
212 posts

Posted:
Name: RizSex: MaleAge: not telling(over 30 )Location:Tampa Fl Toys:Whips fire poi. Been twirling for: um what time is it ??942pm been at this for 3 hours and 42 mindid my 1st poi and fire poi tonight what a rushOccupation: cranshft machinistHobbies other than obvious: trying to find the easyier softer way... re inventing the wheel making things that go ouch in the nightFavourite Colour: what color is fire ??Most viewed Movie: Backdraft ... debbie does dallasFavourite Quote: I've been cursed with the imagitation to envision it all~~~~ Marques DeSadeBest twirling related moment in life so far: watching the hair on my forearms burn offwow it goes fast doesnt it ?------------------I have been cursed with the imagination to envision it all

I have been cursed with the imagination to envision it all

PsylentzSILVER Member
72 posts

Posted:
Name: JoshuaSex: MaleAge: 18Location:Providence, RIToys:Yo Yo, Staff, Poi, NunchukasBeen twirling for: a bit over a month, seeing i practice three hours a day - it may translate to moreOccupation: college studentHobbies other than obvious: Computers, musical talents (ie - i'm a music major), yo yo, chessFavourite Colour: PLAIDMost viewed Movie: FMJ, BEETLEJUICEFavourite Quote: the only proof that there is intelligent life in the universe is that it hasn't tried to contact us - bill wattersonBest twirling related moment in life so far: being outside at 3 am while laying back into a butterfly and weave staring up at the stars in the freezing cold------------------~ Tiger, Tiger, burning bright... ~

"The Q is talkin' to me!!!"

Blu'Firemember
17 posts

Posted:
Name: Blu'Fire (Michael)Sex: MaleAge: 27Location: Armidale AustraliaEmail: mroberts_99@yahoo.comToys: staff (single/double), poi, unicycleBeen twirling for: staff - 2.5 years, poi six months. Occupation: University Student. (BA)Hobbies other than obvious: reading, writing, squashFavourite Colour: Blue Most viewed Movie: HighlanderFavourite Quote/Saying: It seemed like a good idea at the time.Best twirling related moment in life so far: A friend picked up my Poi, and started playing with them. As he was commenting that the ends kept hitting together, and that he should probably stop. The poi suddenly hit together, and slammed into his groin. He dropped like a stone.... and he hasn't played with my poi since. wink

Ranunculusmember
8 posts

Posted:
Name : Steve aka Hippy aka Frog (Ranunculus is Latin for "Little Frog")Sex : MaleAge : 32 (or 21 for the 11th time)Location : Based in Christchurch but often in my backyard (i.e. anywhere in the South Island of New Zealand)Toys : Staff and double staves and a little poiOccupation : ex analyst/programmer - starting soon as conservation workerHobbies : fishing, photography, botany, trampingFavourite Movie : Cheech 'n' Chong's "Up in Smoke"Favourite Book : Anything by Tom RobbinsFavoutite Quote : I talk to da trees, that's why they put me away - Eccles (Spike Milligan)Best Twirling : New Years Eve 2001 - first time I'd spun in public. Learnt a valuable lesson regarding fire while under the influence of alcohol (the hair is growing back nicely)

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Would that be Mad Dan Eccles?

Meh

Ranunculusmember
8 posts

Posted:
That's T.F. Eccles - T.F. for "The Famous" from the Goon Shows - yeah, I was dragged up on a healthy (?!) diet of Goon Shows and Bob Dylan as a kid - and I'm still trying to recover. smile

Spin Doctormember
34 posts

Posted:
Name: Stuart Sex: MaleAge: 17Location: Newbury, Berks, UKURL: https://www.dreamwater.net/rockerstu/Toys:
One set of beginner poi.Been twirling for: 2 days!Occupation: 6th form StudentHobbies other than obvious: partying, music (rock, punk, metal, digital hardcore etc.), playing bass, snowsports.Favourite Colour: Red or BlueMost viewed Movie: Erm... Star Wars or my simpsons videos. grinFavourite Quote/Saying: "I do not suffer from insanity, in fact I enjoy every minute of it" - Ozzy OsbourneBest twirling related moment in life so far: Hitting myself in the face, repeatedly...TaStu

Imagine something witty or profound was here.

Dru Lee Parsecmember
78 posts

Posted:
Name: Dru Lee Parsec (Greg)Sex: maleAge: old enough to drink in the US, twice! Location: inSane DiegoURL: www.brouelette.comToys: Juggle clubs, torches, devil sticks (flaming and non), up to 4 balls, very rarely 5.Been twirling for: Waiting for my first poi from HOP. Can't wait to start.Occupation: Software Engineer for California bank.Hobbies other than obvious: I play guitar, and Stick www.stick.com I build guitars. I love hikeing, backpacking and camping. Favourite Colour: blueMost viewed Movie: Hmmm, Favorite movie is the restored version of "Lawrence of Arabia". Not sure what the most viewed one would be.Favourite Quote/Saying: It's easier to be forgiven than to ask permission.Best twirling related moment in life so far: About 12 years ago I was juggling with the "Several San Diegans Who Juggle" tribe. We all went to UCSD to see the "Flying Karamozov Brothers" perform. After the show we had a beach party and the Flying K's came to the party. One of the Flying K's was a club swinger so he tucked his waste long hair into his shirt and did an awesome club swinging routine.

For a good Prime, call:29819592777931214269172453467810429868925511217482600306406141434158089

cryogenicmember
34 posts

Posted:
Name: KarlSex: MaleAge: 20Location: Sydney, Oz Toys: Staff (single/double)Been twirling for: 11 monthsFavourite Colour: Fire... smileHobbies other than fire: Skating, Web Design, Fencing (swords, not fences!)------------------If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

If at first you don't succeed, tell everyone you did and hope they don't ask you to prove it...

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Name: Spiral Age: 23Location: Sheffield, UKOccupation: Mature StudentToys: poi/staffBeen twirling since: 21st june 2001Other hobbies: Music, Roleplaying, ReadingFavourite book: Vurt by Jeff NoonFavourite Colour: GreenFavourite Film: Hmm.... The one with the goat the dwarf and the jar of peanut butterFavourite/most oft said phrases: (sits and rattles tounge bar against teeth). 'Who's coming to headcharge?' Best Fire Moment: Hitting myself in the chin with a lit fire poi and not setting my beard/hair/face alight grin------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral[This message has been edited by Spiral (edited 29 March 2002).]

southpawmember
5 posts

Posted:
name:jacksonage:13skills: firepoi,glowsticks,staff,firebreathingbest movies: i'd have to say matrix and starswarshobbies: music,going to shows, hanging out with friends,skating and.....

Phuhzzzie Wuhzzzie the Pumpkin Kingmember
141 posts

Posted:
Name: Phuhzzzie "Michael" WuhzzzieSex: Male D.O.B.: 4/8/84Location: Frankston (outer S.E. Melbourne suburbs) AustraliaToys: Staff, straight jacket, homemade fire sword.Been twirling for: Staff one month, sword one week.Occupation: StudentHobbies other than obvious: Reading, self teaching acrobatics, showing off, acting, designing new toys and outfits Favourite Colours: black and silverMost viewed Movie: Fight Club Favourite Quote/Saying: "Make love, not sense."Best twirling related moment in life so far: When the dog got in my way and a cartwheeled over her!

A wise man once said to me, Hey! You! Get out of my wardrobe! and in a way, I guess he was right.

4d1c3member
61 posts

Posted:
name davidsex mage 14location australia sydneytoys light poi fire poibeen twirling for 2 weeksoccupation student what elsehobbies fire hockeyfavourite colour orangemovie i dunnofavourite quat the risk is the rushbest twirling moment first time i lit up

the risk is the rush

Arcmember
17 posts

Posted:
Hi all!!I am brand spank'n new at this and I am totally hooked. I am looking forward to all the cool fun I will find out there. Name: Arc Sex: Male Age: 39Location: San DiegoToys: PoiBeen twirling for: about 1 monthJob: corporate droneHobbies other than obvious: reading, KiteBoarding, climbing, cycling, rollerblading, kayaking and a ton of other stuff!Favourite Colour: Blue Most viewed Movie: Blade Runner

SmokyDavySILVER Member
Do my poi look too small in this?
394 posts

Posted:
Been lurking for a while, but decided to get into this..Name: DavySex: MaleLocation: London, EnglandAge: 23Been Twirling: poi 5 months, 1 month.Occupation: computer geekHobbies: Traveling, dancing, funFavorite Colors: UV active

ThomasRhymermember
3 posts

Posted:
Name: Thomas RhymerSex: maleAge: 33Location: Austin, TexasToys: all fire: poi, fans, eating, breathing, still learning jump rope & staffBeen twirling for: 11 monthsOccupation: Fire inspector (really!)Hobbies other than obvious: reading, movies, camping, storytelling, home brewing, herbal medicineFavourite Colour: Purple. Definitely purple.Most viewed Movie: The Wicker ManFavourite Quote/Saying: Love is the Law, Love Under Will.Best twirling related moment in life so far: last night was pretty good - I came up with a 6-beat weave & did it on fire!

'Do or do not. There is no try.' - Yoda

LibraGOLD Member
47 posts

Posted:
Name: LisaAge: 23Location: Sandnes, NorwayAstrological Sign: Libra/HorseToys: Pois, staff, jugglingballs (3)Been twirling for: firepois -about ten or elleven months, staff -six monthsOther hobbies: Travelling, nature, horseriding & rockclimbing (just started and I love it!)...Favourite place on earth: Hat Railey (South East Thailand)Favourite place not on earth: On an airplain on my way to somewhere I've never been before.

FlameOnmember
6 posts

Posted:
Name: Alex MonroSex: MALEAge: 23Location: Croydon, S.London, UK (Soon to be Bermuda!!)URL: https://www.onfireproductions.co.uk
(still being totally redesigned, watch this space)Toys: Single and double fire staffs, fire poi, rope poi, fire sword, FIRE, clubs etc.Been twirling for: 3 and a half years.Occupation: Bartender (Soon to be an Event Manager)Hobbies other than obvious: Flairing, Theatre, singing, cooking, motorbikes, design.Favourite Colour: Yellow.Most viewed Movie: Forrest GumpFavourite Quote/Saying: Life is a journey, travel it well.Best twirling related moment in life so far: Performing a fire show in front of 12,500 people!!!!------------------Life is an adventure, live it as such!

Life is an adventure, live it as such!

Marsmember
6 posts

Posted:
Name: Mars - MarioSex: MaleAge: 19Location: San Jose, CaToys: poi, staff, glowsticking like a fiend... no fire yet... (o;Been twirling since late October, glowsticks for about 3 years?Occupation: ::laughs::Hobbies other than obvious: Umm... jeez... role-playing, miniature gaming, painting, pool [play 2-3 times a week on average]Favourite Colour: Black and blue and red all over Best Movies: Lost Boys and The CrowFavourite Quote/Saying: I am a god, as infalliable as i may seemBest twirling related moment in life so far: When a videocam was turned on me at a party for a good five minutes. (o;I've been reading these posts ever since i got into Poi... finally decided to register and start posting m'self. (o;

~Mars The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate its contents. -- H.P. Lovecraft, The Call of Cthulhu

Fezzamember
13 posts

Posted:
Name: Fezza, MatSex: MaleAge: 18Lives: Home is where the heart is, Brisbane, AustraliaEmail: m_ferriman@hotmail.comOccupation: Student on holidays doing dick allToys: Staff, Double staff, some poi..all fireFirespinning for: about 4 monthsBest spinning moment: doing a show with a group of awesome spinners on the beach in front of a huge crowd.Fav Book: Hobbit, Lord of the RingsFav Movie: Fight Club ("Self-improvement is masturbation"- Tyler Durden)Message to all: Never give up the belief in yourself and your ability. Stick at life and life will stick to you.

Dopestarmember
1 post

Posted:
Name: MichaelSex: MaleAge: 23Location: Copenhagen, DenmarkToys: Poi. Lots of different sorts. Most into fire.Occupation: StudentHobbies: Raves, at best the hidden outdoor sorts...Favorite movie: "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas", Best twirling related moment in life so far: First time I did firepoi, at an outdoor rave event, blown away on acid...

To fathom Hell or soar angelicJust take a pinch of psychedelic

Bellemember
7 posts

Posted:
Name: BelleSex: FemaleAge: 21Lives: Hobart, Tas, AustraliaToys: Firepoi (chains), juggling clubs (no fire- yet wink )Occupation: Research AssistantHobbies beside you know what: poetry, daydreaming, yoga, reading, writing, wild bohemian dancing when i'm home alone smileFav. Movie: "the Fellowship of the ring", "life is beautiful" "run lola run"Best twirling moment: on a remote beach on tassie ne coast, twirling away and ending up with an audience of about 20 campers (mysteriously appearing from the bushes) that we didn't even realise were in the area

Page: ......