• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 200.00 credit to your HoP account.

Forums > Social Chat > anyone seen kill bill?

Login/Join to Participate
Page: 12
shadow steppin
shadow steppin

official hop irken
Total posts: 401
Posted:i am in love with gogo yubari! she is such a bad ass with her flying hammer

if you havnt seen it and you like ultra bloody samuri sword fights i highly recomend this movie!

it is sooo gooood

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

Mumma Hen
Total posts: 6391
Posted:Yeah that is soooo true, imagine if I was trying to kick ass and I popped my knee out... how embrassment!!!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Total posts: 67
Posted:I saw Kill Bill on Saturday, and must say it is still beaming thru my head. [Of course, you're talking to the same guy who is pretty down in the dumps that all the local "see-all-three-LOTR- movies-in-one-day" are already sold out ] To say that Tarantino was trying to make it too Tarantino is somewhat odd. Not saying that the statement lacks logic, but I think it was just his sick, twisted, brilliant mind at work. But we make mountains of molehills. . .and men sometimes become gods. . .

I loved the impression it made on me concerning the way of the Samurai. The scene of O-Ren Ishii apologizing over her insult and the bride accepting was classic. See, it's the little stuff like that makes it enjoyable for me.

And the passing along of the sword. From the way it looked to me, the ceremony was done proper (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The little details and monologues really establish the pace of the movie.

Along those lines, God bless O-Ren's monologue at the dinner table. How delectable.

One the converse, one last thing to say: the lack of dialogue was fantastic. Silence creates amazing tension that few people realize. If any of you are fans of Samurai Jack, next time you watch, notice how much there is absolutely no dialogue. It is said that samurais tried to put ten words into one. And if something could have been done without words, that's the way they did it. In my mind, good movies are made through the right amount of quality dialogue when needed, and almost too much silence.

I don't know, all that to say I enjoyed the movie, and basically fulfill my egotistical need of trying to sound semi-intelligent.

Amateurs practice something until they get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

Quantum Theorist
Total posts: 564
Posted:That movie was sweet.

Gogo rocks.

but both me and Kazeko were drooling over the duel at the end with O Ren.

I want O Ren's sword.

Those Yakuza were missing the Sakura tatty's though. That was only thing missing from that movie.

Although it did raise and interesting question:
is it still sepekku if someone does it for you?

[ 21. October 2003, 19:17: Message edited by: Kaji-kun ]

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

Liquid Cow
Total posts: 2629
Posted:When I came out of the cinema after watching Kill Bill, I thought it was the best film I've seen all year.
Having thought about it a bit more, I think Spirited Away has that title, and Kill Bill gets second place.
Those two are both far, far away from anything else I've seen recently though.

I only have 2 problems with Kill Bill.
1. the dialogue in some places just seemed strained and too out of place (mainly the bit in the kitchen at the start)
2. The rope dart bit wasn't long enough. I could have watched that fight for at least another 20 minutes

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Total posts: 674
Posted:When I left the theater I felt light as a feather. I am not sure that it is the best movie I have ever seen...

Again I'm not SURE but I will say it anyway. It was the best movie I have ever seen.

still can't believe it's not butter
Total posts: 6979
Posted:soo... much...blood(!)
ima glad tho that trarantino pulled out a movie that he'd like to see

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Page: 12