Forums > Social Chat > anyone seen kill bill?

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
shadow steppinofficial hop irken
401 posts

Posted:
i am in love with gogo yubari! she is such a bad ass with her flying hammer

if you havnt seen it and you like ultra bloody samuri sword fights i highly recomend this movie!

it is sooo gooood

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
BUrnt_one and arsn are also salavating over this movie. I will be taking them to see it this thursday... Otherwise they will proberly cry.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
During the scene with that weapon that resembles the rope dart the entire theatre was quiet and i was going "Ohhhhh!" and "Ohoohoooooh! YAA!" its was great... i'm looking forward to volume2.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

the_sealmember
51 posts

Posted:
Mmmm... Tarantino - You mean this little girl with a mean looking weapon?

I think I want to marry this O-Ren Ishii

Only one more sleep to go!

By embodying a nolstalgia for the past in new materials we retard an acceptance of the present and by extension, the future, because the future is in the present
-Guerilla Television, 1971

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
ummm, I have to agree with shadow steppin with this one Burnt_one... gogo yubari is the one... mmm... flying hammer...

arsn~~~> <~~~Valura...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
yeah arsn, she may be hot, but that chick is more likely to kick you in the nuts when you start crying over the Telstra t.v ads... instead of holding you and telling you that this pain too shall pass....(like I do yer geek)
all I hear "waa is Im a lil girl... "

[ 15. October 2003, 18:52: Message edited by: Valura ]

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
quote:
crying over the Telstra t.v ads
huh?

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:

CHICKEN!!! I cant explain it it will ruin the joke Just let it be known that arsn and burnt-ones are lil girls

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
And that Valura likes to repeat herself... and still doesn't make any sense????

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
bloody hell... some people are sooooooo dense.

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Am I the only person on the planet who didn't like it?

*goes back to watching Care Bears on cable*

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

the_sealmember
51 posts

Posted:
quote:
Voyeurism... It's where it's at...
arsn
I can't believe you put that in your sig... foo!

Eera: I haven't seen it yet - it only opens tomorrow in Aus - but I am already loving it from the trailer and images!

By embodying a nolstalgia for the past in new materials we retard an acceptance of the present and by extension, the future, because the future is in the present

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
oi! i hope hope all this killing of bill mayhem doesn't give anyone any ideas...

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

401 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Valura:
yeah arsn, she may be hot, but that chick is more likely to kick you in the nuts when you start crying over the Telstra t.v ads... instead of holding you and telling you that this pain too shall pass....(like I do yer geek)
all I hear "waa is Im a lil girl... "

i would let her kick me in the nutz

more likely she would spill your guts on the floor or smash your head with her flying hammer..... and i might be down with that too

In my hands I hold your smile and in my heart it runs so wild You are the one you are unique I'm so in love you make me weak And the reason that I feel is like a shadow from a light so if you have the chance to be with me be my shadow in the night

401 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Eera:

*goes back to watching Care Bears on cable*

hehe
well its definately not the care bears

401 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by burnt_one:
Mmmm... Tarantino - You mean this little girl with a mean looking weapon?

I think I want to marry this O-Ren Ishii

Only one more sleep to go!

oh yes thats the one!!
thats what i have as my desktop theme finally a suitable replacement for suki from fast and the furryest 2

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Eera:

Actually it got a totall slating from most critics, so im gonna wait and get it on video so's i can rewind bits, and fastforward others.

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:
I liked the music but it seemed so out of place at times. Like in the final scene when it's blarring away while the two characters are totally motionless. It just didn't fit the intensity of the moment.

I thought Uma Thurmans role was kind of...ummm...characterless. Maybe I'm just used to her being a little more eccentric. *shrug*

O Ren Ishi totally kicked ass. I loved when she took those little baby steps in her white sandles across the conference table and sliced that guys head off. So purr-fect.

There was some neat props like: the pussywagon, the sunglasses on the dash board, the white kimonos (sp), the rope dart.

I found the conversations a little awkward and forced. Maybe the sequel should cut out the narrative and just stick to the fighting. Definetly not on the same calabre as some of Tarantinos other stuff.

Oh well how can he live up to his former works which were just off the charts amazing.

Still it's a fun movie to watch and if you get in for half price at a movie theatre then it's worth to see it there....otherwise rent it at home.

Om Namah Sivaya

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
What I got out of it was that Tarantino was trying too hard to make "a Tarantino film."

And failing somewhat miserably.

The movie had a very cool revenge plot and lots of very unique and interesting characters, but the way they were portrayed was a bit lacking in my opinion. Tarantino fans will no doubt love it and all its unique little nuances that definitely show who was behind it, but I would say the movie is more for them than for the average moviegoer.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

401 posts

Posted:
i think the movie was perfect. second only to pulp fiction for him.

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by burnt_one:
You mean this little girl with a mean looking weapon?
Gimmie 2 Mace Poi and i think i could take her

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

the_sealmember
51 posts

Posted:
having now seen the movie... I don't know what to say... lemme try to put words to it....

Greatest movie of this millenia and I know we're only a couple of years in but that was incredible - action, humour, funky beats, hot asian lasses and more martial arts than you could poke a staff at!

And when I saw GoGo, I gotta admit, I fell in love - that hammer, those moves. But O-Ren Ishii and her wicked blade... I'm conflicted, confused and slightly baffled... *goes to make his new rope dart*

401 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by frostypaw:
Saw it last night was pretty darn good fun. all the characterisation is a bit wierd... but it's effectively live-action ultra-violent manga, and does turn into fully fledged manga for some flashbacks

rather lifting it has a great sense of fun

looking forwards to Volume2 eh!

ya those manga scenes were nice! the animation was done by the good folks who brought us a lil movie called ghost in the shell. volume 2 should be out in a couple months cant wait to see it....maybe gogo will come back.... it could happen **sobs**

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
'perfect blue' kicked ass.

admittedly in a very different way to akira but it was still one of the best films i saw that year...

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

401 posts

Posted:
didnt really like perfect blue but if we are bringing up oldschool classic anime i would go with ninja scrolls

the_sealmember
51 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by frostypaw:
does ANY other manga compare??
I thought it was very much in the style of Aeon Flux: esp. the look of the animation but also those little shots of lips curling in sadistic pleasure and the attention to such small details I became hooked on in Aeon Flux.

In Australia this used to play on SBS on a Saturday (?) night quite some time ago.

401 posts

Posted:
i totally agree
i thought it was done by the same people til i heard different

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
I liked Kill Bill. The opening scene gave me the fright of a lifetime, but hooked me straight away as well...Loads of fun... and some mighty dark humour, as Burnt one and I were talking about after the movie. I wanna be a styley ass kicking chick now....

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
just watch your knee!!!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Yeah that is soooo true, imagine if I was trying to kick ass and I popped my knee out... how embrassment!!!

Aguamember
67 posts

Posted:
I saw Kill Bill on Saturday, and must say it is still beaming thru my head. [Of course, you're talking to the same guy who is pretty down in the dumps that all the local "see-all-three-LOTR- movies-in-one-day" are already sold out ] To say that Tarantino was trying to make it too Tarantino is somewhat odd. Not saying that the statement lacks logic, but I think it was just his sick, twisted, brilliant mind at work. But we make mountains of molehills. . .and men sometimes become gods. . .

I loved the impression it made on me concerning the way of the Samurai. The scene of O-Ren Ishii apologizing over her insult and the bride accepting was classic. See, it's the little stuff like that makes it enjoyable for me.

And the passing along of the sword. From the way it looked to me, the ceremony was done proper (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The little details and monologues really establish the pace of the movie.

Along those lines, God bless O-Ren's monologue at the dinner table. How delectable.

One the converse, one last thing to say: the lack of dialogue was fantastic. Silence creates amazing tension that few people realize. If any of you are fans of Samurai Jack, next time you watch, notice how much there is absolutely no dialogue. It is said that samurais tried to put ten words into one. And if something could have been done without words, that's the way they did it. In my mind, good movies are made through the right amount of quality dialogue when needed, and almost too much silence.

I don't know, all that to say I enjoyed the movie, and basically fulfill my egotistical need of trying to sound semi-intelligent.

Amateurs practice something until they get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong.

Page: