Forums > Social Chat > A few thoughts about thanksgiving and whatnot!!!

Login/Join to Participate

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
no i don't mean turkey day ( well not so much )

i mean generally being thankfull... i had to work this weekend... we have a show on the 24th and there wasn't time to take 4 days off and spend the loooong weekend with the girlfriends family ( in tignish, pei).

rick scooted away to help his kinfolk put in wood.. so i had the home to meself.. aside from working on the whole fire act for the Black Rose Cabaret.. i had mucho time to reflect on quite a few different issues .. and a chance to toss a few of my views around on this very website...

when he got back rick and i talked about how lucky we were to have eachother to work with, to live with etc... and we both mentioned the fact that we don't show enough appreciation for the things that are closest to home .. such is often the case

here's something, i am thankful that there is a place for us ( the fire community) to share our views ... i don't post too often because i don't often have a lot to say regarding some of the topics... and there are many more people who are far more educated in the issues i have an opinion of... but sometimes i open my mouth

recently someone put forth the idea that fire breathing has no place in the same community as spinning.. and that because of the danger it should be viewed with disgust... it's a valid opinion.. the two forms are drastically different.. both are dangerous , but in the end they are apples and oranges... i have to admit i was angry when i read the message.. ( i mean it's not like i'm a juggler, or a mime .. my profession should not garner disgust.. maybe a little contempt )

but i'm thankful that we have a place to talk about it.. and i'm thankful theat them what show no respect for other peoples feelings are allowed to speak their mind...

i'm thankful that locally we have a great group of fire spinners who all respect the by-laws and restrictions.. and who are getting to know one another and sharing their knowledge...

and i'm very thankful that the few rotten apples in our barrel don't spoil the bunch... not alot of arguing just point and counter point...

i'm kinda thankful that the HOP day is my birthday

to wrap it up ...

anyone who works with fire ( i never refer to it as play .. it's work) is putting themselves at risk and every day i'm thankfull that few people
get gurt doing what they like to do and even them what get hurt don't forget about the community or the skills that we share with the people we respect...

so the canadian turkey day has passed the american turkey day is coming up
but every day can be a day of thanks

so maybe we should show a little apreciation for the things around us

thanks malcolm and all the moderators

pax,
ivan

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

...phobos...member
56 posts

Posted:
Beautiful words, ivan! yay!
heh...happy early birthday ivan...I hope to be down for HoP day..if not then, then halloween. Weee!

man, it makes you wanna shoot them in the face and beat them with baseball bats, doesnt it?

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
ivan those words are soo sweet, Iam sure all of us feel thanks for everything and everyone. happy belated thanksgiving and happy early birthday.
how old are you? 90 right?

p.s.-don't hurt me i am only jokeing about the age thing.

some will understand. -buddah

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
actually i'm 92 and very well preserved.. and oyu my sweet boy may not live to see puberty

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

DeimosBRONZE Member
Cinnamon Girl
191 posts

Posted:
Gee Ivan, you don't look a day over 75.
But seriously, you raised some very good points. I am thankful as well for everything you stated and many others, such as being able to live in a city that welcomes our art and allows us to flourish. I'm thankful that my parents think what we do is super dope. I'm thankful for a zillion things, whether or not they have to do with the fire arts, and thank you Ivan for posting and making me remember that turkey isn't only about pie.
mmmmmm piiiiie.....

P*L*U*R

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
pie.....

...phobos...member
56 posts

Posted:
although weebl is in the UK, I still think there should be a thanksgiving episode...I mean, if he likes pie so much then why wouldnt he have thanksgiving so he would have a reason to eat pie? *cough* only demios, flipmodius and possibly alumity would understand this...
...anyways....
pie.

man, it makes you wanna shoot them in the face and beat them with baseball bats, doesnt it?