Forums > Social Chat > Bad news for Train Travellers

Login/Join to Participate

Igneousmember
7 posts

Posted:
Hey everybody,

I have some bad new for all those out there who catch a train to festivals or gatherings and whatnot with your firesticks. Anyone bringing flammable substances onto trains gets put off at the next station, yes thats right, they kicked me off coming home from the Tuesday night gathering in Davies park (Brisbane). Exactly what i did wrong im not sure, but i remember borrowing someones kerosene and have one...just 1 spin! After i was finished i caught the train back and suddenly was approached by those yellow shirt dudes. One of them commented on the smell and i replied that ive been travelling on trains with my toys for a long time. He went and fetched the driver who told them to get me off the train. And the whole time the other guy was saying, can't you just pour it out? I mean Jeez! its a firestick, yeah ill strain it into a container! right! what does he think its some kind of lantern with the fuel inside. I just have to say, little knowledge can be a dangerous thing, and tremendously annoying for those walking an hour and a half to get home.

Igneous

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

People given a little responsibility but have absolutely no judgement to back it up!!

You got to love 'em!!

Gutted about the walk home though!!

lets hope next time they have a little more common sense!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
dude that sucks, my suggestion is cover them with lots of pastic bags and rubber bands and them socks r us.

if it happenes again, tell them ill attack thir GFs while theyre asleep and convert them!

mwwahahahahaha

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
I'd be willing to bet that they'd allow a bottle of whiskey on board. Last time I looked you could set fire to that.

Perceived risk is very different from real risk. Unfortunately preception tends to override reality nine times out of ten.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.