Forums > Social Chat > The OFFICIAL Home of Poi Rollcall

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
With the continuing influx of new people (Big firey welcome to you all!) I guess it makes a lot of sense for us to have an official "getting to know you" type thread. smile Elders and Newbies alike, enter your details here and feel free to use/modify/disregard the format below:Name: flash fire (Sarah)Sex: female (remember, all possible smart responses to this question have already been done!)Age: 23Location: Sydney AustraliaURL: https://wickeffect.cjb.net/Toys:
all fire staff/double staff/double crossesBeen twirling for: about 4 yearsOccupation: corporate lackieHobbies other than obvious: reading, skiing, travelling, doofing, cruising in my Jeep!Favourite Colour: red Most viewed Movie: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory or The Doors.Favourite Quote/Saying: an ye harm none do as thou wilt.Best twirling related moment in life so far: I will have to think long and hard to answer.So, post away kiddies! and feel free to occasionally bump this thread to keep it at the top.flash------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 29 June 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

tekknogurrlBRONZE Member
90 posts

Posted:
Name: tekknogurrl (karen)Sex: femaleAge: 18Location: New YorkToys: firepoi, glowsticksBeen twirling for: 7 monthsOccupation: studentHobbies other than obvious: reading, sleeping, dancing, clubbing, writing, acting, drawing, sewing, painting.Favourite Colour: red Most viewed Movie: Fight Club and Alic in WonderlandFavourite Quote/Saying: "All the world's a stage..."Best twirling related moment in life so far: literally having to save my ass (caught on fire)

~K~No matter what you do, one billion Chinese won't care.

kmactanemember
97 posts

Posted:
Wow, this is quite a list so far...Name: Kai MacTaneSex: MaleAge: 33Location: San Francisco, CA, USAToys: Zuni, home-made fire poi, sword.Been Spinning For: 5 monthsOther Hobbies: Geeking (mostly Linux system administration and Perl/CGI coding), volunteering with Anything That Moves ("The Magazine for the Uncompromising Bisexual"), role-playing games. Going clubbing (goth clubs, occasionally raves) and dancing "like Baryshnikov on acid" (someone else's description).Martial Arts: kung fu (Southern style), t'ai chi, general sword combatSign: Monkey (that's Asian atrology; Western astrology doesn't work right on me)Totem: CoyoteHandedness: Ambidextrous.Favorite Movies: Buckaroo Banzai, The Matrix, CasablancaFavorite Deities: Lugh Samildanach, Athena, Anubis, Prometheus, Brigid, Aphrodite... starting to get an appreciation for Dionysus.Key Quotes: "Then, when they spill the demon seed,Turn and face into the wind.All along you still believed...Believed you were immune." (Thomas Dolby, "The Flat Earth")"Hey, hey... don't be mean. There's no need to be mean. Because, remember: wherever you go -- there you are." (Buckaroo Banzai, but doesn't it take on a little more meaning with some context? smile )"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast, for I intend to go in harm's way." (John Paul Jones)Best Fire Moment So Far: At my house's recent Beltane party, my girlfriend and I made our fire performing debut (a month after we'd each lit up for the first time). Some other fire-performing friends were there, too. At one point, I had a burn already going, and my friend stepped into the circle (of about 40 happy, party-going onlookers) with his poi going. I welcomed him to the circle, we looked at each other, and started dancing together... And then, another dude stepped in, with a pair of flaming clubs that someone else had brought. So the three of us looked at each other and pretty much said, "All right! Let's do it!" And we started up...And then the streetlight above us went out. And everyone looked around, realized what had happened, and started cheering. And then we just had ourselves a blast (until the fuel burned out...).

evenstarmember
36 posts

Posted:
Name: Betty
Sex: femina
Toys: poi, staff (both incl. fire), juggling balls, my googley bear
Been twirling for: just 4 months smile
Hobbies: reading, bodyboarding, rollerblading, tennis, movie critiquing
Favourite colour: hot pink or red (esp in leather;)
Favourite movies: The Usual Suspects, It's A Wonderful Life, The English Patient
Favourite animal: cats of all shapes and sizes; best of all, tigers smile
Favourite book: 'Beloved' by Toni Morrison. Absolutely breathtaking style, captivating characters, slow but enchanting plot
Favourite TV show: TV is for vegetables
Favourite quote: "I wish that I was drifting through boredom into familiar vices"
Best twirling moment so far: every time I master a new trick that I've been slogging over

Undómiel.

[ 14 April 2002, 01:50: Message edited by: evenstar ]

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring.
TOLKIEN

Galawenmember
45 posts

Posted:
NickName: Corporal FlameName: Amit BaderSex: MaleAge: 20Location: Tel Aviv, IsraelToys: fire staff, non-fire poiBeen twirling for: about 1 monthOccupation: SoldierHobbies other than obvious: reading (fantasy), snowboarding, Surfing(Water,Internet) Favourite Colour: Blue Most viewed Movie: The Princess BrideFavourite Quote/Saying: Im not as think as you drunk I am.Best twirling related moment in life so far: Last week, Me and my friends first public appearance coolFlame On Y'all------------------Give Me FuelGive Me FireGive Me That Which I Desire-MetallicA

Give Me FuelGive Me FireGive Me That Which I Desire-MetallicA

eepokmember
6 posts

Posted:
Name: eepok (Ramon Zavala)Sex: Male Age: 18Location: Irvine, CA, USAURL: noneToys: glowsticks,phontons, glow-poi (look great when yuo add phontons), soon to be fire (can't wait!!) Been twirling for: 6 monthsOccupation: 2nd Year Criminology StudentHobbies other than obvious: Reading, class, friends, body boarding, philosophy, etc.Favourite Colour: black, army green Most viewed Movie: Pulp FictionFavourite Quote/Saying: "tell me and i forget, teach me and i remember, involve me and i learn"Best twirling related moment in life so far: watching Hawaiin club member (tahitian poi spinner) watch a friend (beginner) trying to spin glowsticks, then her showing him a move, then me "trying it"... blew her away!! smile

Bassmanmember
95 posts

Posted:
Name: Nathan PetersonSex: MaleAge: 24Location: Austin, TexasURL: https://place.org/~nathan
(warning: out of date)Been twirling for: 1 monthBeen juggling for: 11 yearsOccupation: Circuit DesignerOther Hobbies: Being mischievous, building things (especially electronic), meeting new people, hanging out with jugglers, playing with my powerskips and my heelysFavorite Movie: MementoWhat do you have to say for yourself?: Nothing. What a stupid question!!What are you looking forward to most?: Going to Madison, WI for the IJA festival next month :-)[This message has been edited by Bassman (edited 03 July 2001).]

jamiemember
21 posts

Posted:
Name: jamieSex: MaleAge: 18Location: San Francisco California U.S.A.URL: www.marsvsmystr_e@hotmail.comToys: sock poi, LED poiBeen twirling for: almost a monthOccupation: Student at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh PAHobbies other than obvious: Swimming, Chess, Golden Eye, Perfect Dark, Pool, Foosball, Q-zar, Driving fast, taking chancesFavourite Colour: Black, Silver, ClearMost viewed Movie: Matrix, Fight Club, Full Metal Jacket (Born to Kill)Favourite Quote/Saying: The 1961 Ferrari, two-fifty GT California. Less than a hundred were made. My father spent three years restoring this car. It is his love, it is his passion . . . It is his fault he didn't lock the garage. Best twirling related moment in life so far: Finding the Home of Poi Website

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Name: Stone (Francis)Sex: MaleAge: 44 (nuff, said)Location: Country, Victoria, AustraliaToys: Single/double staff, Poi, Indian clubs and a bit of juggling (balls and clubs).Twirling since Easter 2001 (Big party, and decided to have a go; now I'm addicted) Occupation: Self-employed agrononistHobbies: Fast motor bikes, tennis, fantasy novels, snow skiing, bush doofing, dancing and drummingStars: Typical Virgo. From Astrodienst: Born with the Sun in Virgo and the Moon in AriesFav Colour: Green. Fav movies: Barbett's Feast (Sp), Death in Brunswick and the MatrixFav moment so far: I was at a fire meet, and someone actually said to me "apparently you can do the butterfly one handed" well, what an opportunity. [This message has been edited by Stone (edited 27 February 2002).]

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Tsumimember
32 posts

Posted:
Name: Monique AkikoSex: FemaleAge: 19Location: SF CA U.S.A.email: valraven@hotmail.comToys: various poi, flags, occasional glowsticksBeen twirling for: about 5 monthsOccupation: proofing, tutoring, illustrationHobbies other than obvious: Illustration, design, gaming, writing, reading, dancing, singing, piano, composing, etc.Favourite Colour: BlackMost viewed Movie: Weird Science, Unagi, Big Trouble in Little China, yes, Trainspotting, Blazing Saddles, yes.Favourite Quote/Saying: The enemy's gate is downBest twirling related moment in life so far: So far, my first time in public

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
oh WOW I wasn't going to answer (cause I'm lazy) but then I saw Brainchile!! who is (maybe) the infamous Brainchile of Sydney that I know? I didn't know that you were an Outdoor Equipment though.. hmm Age: 19Sex: FLocation: Ye Olde Brisbane TowneToys: Poi, Chains with *lots* of wick, the odd unicyle, clubs (i wish i had some of my own frown )Burning: For maybe 6 months now? I've been sick a bit :/Occupation: Student/BuskingUnobvious hobbies: Horseriding, Long distance bikeriding, bushwalking, camping, ghost hunting, writing, drawing.Favourite colour: Orange (or purple)Most viewed movie: Haven't seen anything recently but when I was little I watched Willow about 15 times.Favourite quote: Whatever doesn't kill me, can only make me stronger (or something?)Best firedancing experience: We broke a record of busking money earnt a few months ago and had walked for 4 hours to get home before realising we could have afforded a cab! smile

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Name: MarkSex: MaleAge: 25Loc: St.Annes, North-West EnglandEmail: Marlborored17@yahoo.comToys: Poi, Devil StixBeen twirling for: 1 & 1/2 wks (Lovin' it, Lovin' it, Lovin' it)Occupation: Helpdesk MonkeyHobbies: Travelling, smokin', chillin, music, Tae Kwon Do, reading, movies, conciousness. Fav Colour: PurpleFav Book: Don Juan - The Teachings of a Yaqui Shaman (Something like that)Fav Movie: Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas (F-ing hilarious)Fav Music: all 'good' music, more Hip-Hop.Fav Twirling Mo: When first introduced to twirling on a desert island in the Indian Ocean, full-moon, tide coming in, feeling fully connected with the universe, man!! :-)~

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Name: David it would of been Twister but Twister had already taken it and Twist had already taken Twist.Sex: Ihave been with my other half 18 years so as often as she lets me.Age:Thats between me and my mum.Star sign:Gemini.Location:Birkenhead,Wirral.UKurl:https://www.jugglingwithatwist.comToys:Fire Twisters 10Years, i have done some of what i know as poi but it was a few years ago. i only found what poi was about 10 weeks ago.Glowsticks Twisters 20 years.Hobbies:As above,Dance Music,Dance.Fav colour: Red\Yellow.Best and scareiest Moment:Going to where i train along the Mersey on new years eve 1999. there were thousands of people there waiting for this amazing firework and lazer show that was suppose to happen. so there iam training with litrealy thousands of people watching me "wow" scary and what a buzz. the Firework and laser show didnt happen not even at midnight, i had left by then. Something to do with the weather. ------------------Twist for the joy of it.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Name: Joe ZaniniNick(s): ZSex: MAge: 20Location: Dayton, OH USAToys: GlowsticksBeen twirling: Since 8/99Occupation: College StudentFavourite Colour: BlueMost viewed Movie: Dirty Work, Big LebowskiFavourite Quote/Saying: I'm terribly vexed - GladiatorBest twirling related moment in life so far: Have people circle around me, just watching and cheering me on at every rave I go to.

suzmember
12 posts

Posted:
Name: Suz(anne)Sex: girlieAge: 20Location: Milwaukee, WI USA(I lied, really in Grafton but you can normally find me in the city)Toys: fire poiBeen twirling for: not long enough (a month maybe, and I am addicted)Occupation: web designer/developerHobbies: reading, writing, organizing events, attending gatherings, anything reallyFavorite Color: Roy G BivMost viewed Movie: Never Ending Story and LabyrinthBest twirling related moment in life so far: Well it was actually after I had finished spinning for the night, someone pointed out this nasty smudge mark on my arm. Tried to wash it off and it turned out to be burnt skin and it looked beautiful, had to make a logo out of it. Art inspiration from pain, gotta love it.

Kyromember
24 posts

Posted:
Name: DebraSex: FemaleAge: 00100100 - GeminiLocation: Portland, OR, USA.Been twirling for: April 2001Toys: BubblesOccupation: unemployed Civil Engr.Hobbies other than obvious: BurningMan, arts 'n crafts, playing with men, graphics softwareFavourite Color: clear, white, crimson red,Most viewed Movie: I've only seen a few movies a couple times. I can't even recall which.Favorite Book: Ayan Rands Fountain Head, Ethical Slut by Dossie Easton and Catherine A. LisztFavorite Music: allFavorite Animal: cat / tiger - they cuddle so wonderfullyFavourite Quote/Saying: Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. -- Albert EinsteinBest twirling related moment in life so far: I spun fire for friends; they video taped me and when i saw myself, I actually thought - 'Wow, I look like those people in those POI videos.'

From the most primitive cultures to the most advanced civilizations,man has had to manufacture things;his well-being depends on his success at production.The lowest human tribe cannot survive without that alleged source of pollution: fire. Ayn Rand

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Name: Katinca (Kate)Sex: female Age: almost 22Location: Adelaide AustraliaURL: https://www.Idonthaveone.comToys:
POI!! and staff and poi with staff, and I would like to try clubs, and I am starting to learn doubles.Been twirling for: 1 year and 7 monthsOccupation: Pharmaceutics, (Both study and recreationally)Hobbies other than obvious: doofing, travelling, help put on parties/doofs, putting on parties/doofs, going to parties/doofs, oh and did I mention doofing? I especially like outdoor doofs.Favourite Colour: If black doesn't count here, well then I would say I like purple, but I like yellow too. Green is cool as well. Hmm so is red. I guess I like a lot of colours I don't have a favourite. But I do like purple smileFavourite Movie: MatrixKates most over used Saying: HEAPS, I say it HEAPS too often.Best twirling related moment in life so far: I think lighting up one poi and staff for the first time in Byron was pretty memorable, since I was try not to take out my nose, as I had done when I was practising. But I think my favourite moments are when Josh and I get to twirl just us on a big sandy beach with no one around.Also... I very much enjoyed twirling with Poz and Myst on the Beach in Oceanside when we were in the USA only a month ago. *sigh*ICQ:41394853Love and Light,Katinca[This message has been edited by Katinca (edited 19 September 2001).][This message has been edited by Katinca (edited 24 September 2001).][This message has been edited by Katinca (edited 08 November 2001).]

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

pyro_teknikmember
51 posts
Location: england wiltshire under stonehenge with the fire f...

Posted:
My name is Phil i am 21 (male)i live in sunny engalnd I have been twirling since the start of this year.my hobbies are playing bass guitar, spending inordinate amounts of money on my vw beetle, and dreaming of one day getting off this shitty island and travelling the world smilefavorite colour is fire !! fave movies... the abbyss, the crow, ace ventura when nature calls, bruce lee filmsmusic... into lots of music: mainly bands like pearl jam, incubus, sublime, also like a lot of rap and some trance must be the only non raver ???fave song, wish you were here by pink floydwell thats me shine on you crazy diamonds

handlebar moustaches are funny :)

Kosmik Lunatikmember
58 posts

Posted:
Name: Kosmik Lunatik(Matty)MaleIm 19Live in Fitchburg Mass(USA)Hobbies:BMXing, chiling w/ friends, love to meet new people too, liquid poppingunemployedbeen spinning glowies for about 6 months, want to upgrade to fire.Favorite color is greenfav movies are One flew over the cocos nest, scream.Fav quote is: Life goes by in the blink of an eye, love is just hello and goodbye, until we meet again.I listen to trance,techno,house, and oldies.and thats mepeace outiematty mo

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Name: protozoa (Kathleen)Sex: femaleAge: 26Location: Baltimore, MD, USAURL: https://www.calefaction.org/Toys:
poi, poi, more poi! and a bit of staff.Been twirling for: 8 monthsOccupation: Unix AdministratorHobbies other than obvious: hiking around, climbing on rocks, trail riding (bikes), hosting peopleFavourite Colour: beautiful blue Most viewed Movie: Fight Club, Yellow Submarine, and The Big LebowskyFavourite Quote/Saying: Gravy!Best twirling related moment in life so far: On the beach at Assateague Island National Seashore in April, realizing that we weren't limited by _anything_ and could twirl till the sun came up

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
So I suppose after all these answers it's my turn, aye?NAME: Pele for fire and Ren, Maggie around Christmas time, every other time LynnieSEX: Sure, if yer offering.... grin Fem Fatale (I wish!)AGE: 27 going on 19 (at least that's how old everyone seems to think I am)URL: www.pyromorph.com - it's under construction www.freespeech.org/spiderbladeTOOLS: poi (fire, comet), glowstix, trailing, fire eating/breathing, staff, jump rope (the fire variety), VERY entry level juggler/contact juggling, long chain, jacob's ladder, flags, working on bowls, looking to add a diablo to the mixOccupation: Performer/Writer/ManagerHobbies: drawing, reading, camping, hiking (especially river hiking), music, truck stuff with whipping boy, designing stuff (costumes, toys, sets), Driving whipping boy crazy (and I excel at this one), RPG: AD&D, sometimes Marvel, Comics: especially Gambit (looking for more Kabuki), movies and fantacy artMost Read book(s): Dr. Suess, Hobbit and LOTR Trilogy, Narnia Chronicles, Shakespeare, Poe and ChaucerMost Viewed Movies: Excluding the ones my son watched over and over, Everafter, Practical Magic, Blade, Mortal Kombat, Labyrinth, Legend, Princess Bride, Shakespeare in Love, THe Crow one and twoFav Quotes: Hmmmm, I have hundreds...how can I pick?? Okay, I have four:"Mother is the name for god on the lips and hearts of all children" - The Crow"The rich want to get happy, the poor want to get rich, the single want to get married and the married want to die" - Anne Landers"Childhood is what we spend the rest of our lives trying to overcome" - Hope Floats"A great lover is not the man who romances a different woman each night but the man who romances the same woman for a lifetime" - ConfusiusFav Colors: Green, Blue, Ivory, Silver and BlackThing I say too much: At any rate....Fav poi moments thus far: The look on strangers faces everytime I light up and getting to know Pere, Xestrel, Nomad and Galaxie outside of poi...they are truly wonderful people.And from my lack of singular answers I bet you can all tell I am a Libra!!!!! grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 04 July 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CAINED-AND-UNABLEmember
214 posts

Posted:
NAME: dj name= Ludichris, real name= chris skrzynski.SEX: maleAGE: 17 and a bitLOCATION: Manchester, England.URL: not really mine but its the address of a circus skills club i help run.(its still work in progress so dont laugh too much,, its shite) www.jugglersball.co.ukTOYS: poi- UV comet-esk things, fire poi, kevlar one wick, towel one wick,+2 wick. Staff (uv), all other manner of useless UV tatTIME TWIRLIN: poi= almost two years. staff=6 months. liqiud dancing (not long at all tongue )OCCUPATION: student artist. + not so up and coming dj frownHOBBIES: downhill mountain biking, street bmx, dj'ingMOST WATCHED FILM: princess bride, big troubl in little china, and the river runs through it, Aliens, Platoon,BEST QUOTE: "we are the dreamers. they are the dreamed"

SorchaTheFlamingmember
235 posts

Posted:
NICK: Sorcha The FlammingNAME: People call me Sorcha but my real name is HaleyAGE: 19WHERE: Calgary, Alberta, CanadaTOYS: Fire poi, Fire staff, Fire baton, Flamming devil sticks, Beaming poi, glowsticks, Maces, morning stars etc.HOW LONG?: 1 and a half or 2 years I lost track..HOBBIES: I do medieval recreational sword fighting (full armoured combat, 1 on 1 and wars) sewing medieval and elizabethan style gowns blah blahMOVIES:Braveheart, Everafter, Labyrynth, Willow, Aeon Flux, Edward scissorhands, Any thing Shakespere...BOOKS: Mists of Avalon! The skystone!! Shakespere etc.ASTROSIGN: GeminiQUOTES SAID: "Me thinks thou dost protest to much!" "A man who speaks of his honor typically had none""A Faeries Heart beats fierce and free!!"QUOTES HEARD: "ARE YOU CRAZY??" "I Feel like i know you from somewhere" "Your going to do what!!!" ------------------A Faeries Heart Beats Fierce and Free!!!!!

Teach tolerance, not competition.
Send food, not bombs.

Kyomember
1 post

Posted:
Name: |{y0 (kyle)Sex: maleAge: 17Location: Houston, Tx USAToys: glowsticks, fire poi, staffsBeen twirling for: about 4 1/2 yearsOccupation: computer techieHobbies other than obvious: all types of skilled toys (yoyos, juggling etc), bmx street, street car racingFavourite Colour: Hoovaloo (hyper intelligent shade of the color blue)Favourite Quote/Saying: "If I am youg, and right, then what does my age matter?" - Haimon (in Antigone)------------------Kyle (|{y0)

Kyle (|{y0)

Julesmember
3 posts

Posted:
Name: Julie (Jules)Sex: FemaleAge: 20 Location: Essex EnglandOccupation: Lazy English lit studentTwirling for: couple of monthsFav film: adventures of pricsilla... closely followedby any film with Jet Li in it...closely followed by Shallow grave (its British)Fav colour: blackFav drink: teaBest twirling moment: the first one!Music:Like English Phil (whos up the page a bit) I'm not much of a raver either, but am inclined to like happy hardcore of the english 1996 variety because it is quite funny and I also quite like some drum& bass but none of that intelligent stuff, Mickey Finn is my man! I also like lots of 90's rave its so cool! I think there should be a revival (perhaps there is and I'm not cool enough to know about it?!).I like quite a bit of rap. I like bands like A Perfect Circle, I really like Orbital, and lots of other things including Blind Melon, Hendrix, supergrass, and the outhere brothers for the same reason as happy hardcore.I'm a pisces.

Serpenticemember
10 posts

Posted:
hey, i saw flash fire's post so i guess i should do this:Name: Serpentice(Will)Sex: MaleAge: 16Location: Portland, VictoriaFavourite toys: Single staff and i'm trying to get into glo-staffs as wellOther Hobbies: Motorbike racing, knee-boardingFav colour: Black/charcoalMost viewed movie: Spawn (about 100 times!)Fav quote: 'Yeah, well you can suck my balls for all i care.'

Warrenmember
12 posts

Posted:
Name: Warren HammondSex: maleAge: 20Location: Rochester NY and Roanoke VA USAURL: https://lutkus.org/juggle/Toys:
Juggling Balls, Clubs (Juggling and Swinging), Contact Juggling, Rings, Staff, Meteor, Poi, Glowsticks, Bounce Juggling Balls, Diabolos, Devil Sticks, Staff, Knives, Torches, Yo-yo, Footbag Been twirling for: about 1 year, but I've been juggling and all other related things for 6 yearsOccupation: StudentHobbies other than obvious: Reading, playing Go, Playing Bass GuitarFavourite Color: I like them allMost viewed Movie: Monty Python and the Holy GrailFavourite Quote/Saying: YoBest twirling related moment in life so far: First time attracting a crowd at a rave

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
First off this I want to say what a awsome site this is and mad props to everyone out there that has the skills to swing that fire.NAME: Kiel (Kyle)LOCAL: Oklahoma City, OKSEX: I'm not old enough sorry.....male(teehee)AGE: 17 and then someOTHER HOBBIES: Skating (board and blades), Break Danceing, Gameing, SleepingSIGN: Aqu....crap, i cant spellBEST TWIRLLING MOMENT: When i found out that this many people did thisTIME TWIRLLING: Don't laugh, about a week, but I was at a rave last night and this guy, Tim, said that I was really good and a lot further ahead than most people.FAV. QUOTE: All the world's a stage......but the play is badly cast (Osker Wilde)FAV. MOVIE(s): GROOVE, DUNE, Anything by the Monty Python group.WEAPON OF CHOICE: GLOWSTICKS!(i dont have the balls to try fire yet)Well once again I say, bad-a site and thanks for the tons of info.peace out, Kiel[]D. []. []_[]. []R.

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I finally got around to adding my reply to this thread (And bump it back to top).Name: Crazy Raver Dude (CRD)Real Name: MaxSex: MaleAge: 21 (I'll be 22 Oct 22)Location: Tampa, FLToys: meteors, poi, glow-chucks(grin), stixBeen twirling for: 7 months(since Apr 2001)Occupation: lowly Data Entry. (I'm a Network Engineer/Computer Programmer by trade)Hobbies other than obvious: reading(emails from friends, interesting articles/stories, and of course HOP..oh wait..that's obvious..*shrug*), violin, collecting music(of the techno variety..have around 30Gigs so far), rollerblading, surfing, raving/clubbing/partying..I think thats it. (:Favorite Color: *thinks* I don't really have a favorite color. I like the colors black and yellow the best though.Best twirling related moment in life so far: Oddly, as amazing as the times that I have spun fire, my best twirling moment so far was when my group of poi friends were all at the beach one time. The sun was set, and we all had glowsticks cracked. We only had enough sticks for all of us but one. I remember backing up and actually looking at all four of em spinning their stix...it was absolutely beautiful. I cherish that moment. (: (Brings a tear to the eye thinking about it. *grin*)CRD[This message has been edited by CrazyRaverDude (edited 16 October 2001).]

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Kalayomember
3 posts

Posted:
Woo! I'm member #400!Anyway, better introduce myself:Name: Kalayo (means "fire" in the region where my folks come from. I think.)Age: 19Sex: MaleLocation: Sydney, AustraliaToys: I can do a bit of poi, a bit of staff, a bit of clubs - all I have to do is get some equipment of my own... frownBeen Twirling for: 1 1/2 years, although not as much as I'd like to this last half a year - too busy making sure others don't burn themselves and stuff.Occupation: Uni Student, Freelance Bum.Hobbies: Reading, Computer Games, Webpage Design. Been known to do a bit of piano, wargaming, trombone and other stuff, but not as of late...Favourite Colours: Black (has always been my first), Red (at the moment)Favourite Movie: Star WarsFavourite Novel: Lord of The Rings (read 2.5 times)Favourite Animal: CatsFavourite Quotes: "All your base are belong to us" - Cats, Zero Wing"I can very easily destroy you all" - Black Mage, 8-Bit TheaterFavourite Music: Depends on mood, usually Metallica's S&MBest Fire Moment: 4 barrels of OMS200+ performers1 stadium100 000+ spectators3.6 billion TV viewersless than 2 minutes5 interlocked rings- Opening Ceremony, Sydney, 2000More as I think of it some more...[This message has been edited by Kalayo (edited 13 July 2001).]

TallJugglermember
41 posts

Posted:
Name: JohnSex: MaleAge: 21Location: Sugar Land, TXToys: Zunis, glowsticks, fire poi, day single and double staffs, fire single and double staffs, meteor, fire meteor, fire whips, fire sword, double bladed fire sword.Been spinning for: 10 monthsOccupation: at the moment, SlackerHobbies other than obvious: Juggling, unicycling, magic, balloons, putting together modles, computer games.Favorite color: BlueFavorite Quote: "What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it is all about?"Most viewed movie: Hackers, Man who knew to little and The Emperors New Groove.Best spinning related moment: July 4th, infront of a lot of people lit up my fire meteors for the first time, went flawlessly.favorite animal: ferrit or hedghogRight handed.------------------Oh LordForge me in the fire of your mightLet your flames burn higher and brighterMake me pure and holy in your siteAnd cleanse me with thy consuming fire

Oh LordForge me in the fire of your mightLet your flames burn higher and brighterMake me pure and holy in your siteAnd cleanse me with thy consuming fire

Page: ...