ZejBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
I was just kind of curious what exactly happens to the left over fluid that is spinned off before we start up. I use Coleman's and I just realized that the stuff can't be too great for the surfaces it's left on. Considering I spin on public tennis courts I was kinda curious.

~Zej

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
left over fluid mostly evaporates.. but if you're spinning off on public tennis court.. I'd find some rough ground outside of the court and spin off there as most fluids do leave behind a very slippery residue.. and you wouldn't want to be responible for some poor budding tennis ace to slip and run the lenght of the court on his/her face..

I'd also be inclined to make sure that any fluids were kept out of the eco system as much as possible (dey poisonous don't cha know ).. ie don't spin off where there are purdy little flowers or where ickle aminals frolick and play when your not about..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
if you spin off with a paint tin/bucket hooked over the ends of your poi, you can keep the extra fluid no wastage, no damaged environment

not that i bother to do this *slaps himself for being a bad irrisponsibe boy*

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

ZejBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Well, I do go to GWU . . . and the kids around here are rather rich, spoiled, and arrogant so honestly it would be rather amusing to see some of these kids go flying. But for some reason i doubt that Mommy and Daddy (chances are theyre both attorneys) would approve so yeah, I'll prolly spin off in the off court areas.

I actually went back today during the day to see the court. Looked like lil oil dots.

~Zej

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
If you spin coleman camp fuel off on a surface like concrete, it just evaporates, even on a cold day. However, it does kill grass, even in small amounts, so don't spin off on grass.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Don't spin off when there's fresh washing on the line either. I like the smell of kero and the pretty little stains it leaves, my flatmate however, does not.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

ZejBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
Hehe, the beauty of living in a city. No clothes lines. Hell no grass for the most part too.

DC baby . . .

~Zej