Forums > Social Chat > Practicing poi in Thailand: Best places?

Login/Join to Participate

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
I'm heading over to Thailand for six months. My main stated purpose for travel is to find a good place to settle down and practice. Anybody have any good suggestions? Best beaches to hang out and spin fire?

nick

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
In Bangkok: Near Khao Sahn Road there's a park I forget the name of by the river that the local jugglers/spinners meet at. Do a search for details

On most of the islands there's a bunch of spinners hanging out and spinning on a beach by a bar. However I only spun a dusk as it was way to hot otherwise. If you go to Ko Chang there's Lonely Beach where Sunya runs the newly rebuilt Nature Bar. He and a few friends spin.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
..if you do have the time.. go up to Chaingmai.. up to the hills.. it's the most beautiful place.. just find a space and spin.

Enjoy the time you spend in my home land..

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

PoiBoxmember
85 posts

Posted:
Thailand - best choice !!!!
I am going to start working in Bangkok in 2 weeks ... just drop me a line and I will see what I can do for you. Are you looking for more crowded or more quiet places ??
Already looking forward!

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
I'm with Dom, head over to Ko Chang and see Sunya on Lonely Beach. I spent two beautiful weeks spinning there with my last year. You'll be very welcome

Bammy

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Cool. OK. Lonely beach.

I'm definitely looking for things on the mellow side of things. It would be great to say high to the Bangkok group, but my plan is to get out of Bangkok asap. I've had enough of cities for a while.

I'm looking for a place that has enough of a scene that there will be music playing at times, but nothing over the top and developed. Hat Tien on Koh Phagnan sounds good. But the weather will be a bit wet there for the next two months.

And yes, Chiang Mai. I was thinking of heading up there to do a Tai Chi intensive.

Thanks for the input so far!

nick

"They're interdimensional fractal intelligences. That's why they wear funny shoes."

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Nick, I sent you a pm....

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

MeenikSAPPHIRE Member
enthusiast
272 posts

Posted:
Really? I didn't receive a private message...

nick