Forums > Social Chat > The OFFICIAL Home of Poi Rollcall

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
With the continuing influx of new people (Big firey welcome to you all!) I guess it makes a lot of sense for us to have an official "getting to know you" type thread. smile Elders and Newbies alike, enter your details here and feel free to use/modify/disregard the format below:Name: flash fire (Sarah)Sex: female (remember, all possible smart responses to this question have already been done!)Age: 23Location: Sydney AustraliaURL: https://wickeffect.cjb.net/Toys:
all fire staff/double staff/double crossesBeen twirling for: about 4 yearsOccupation: corporate lackieHobbies other than obvious: reading, skiing, travelling, doofing, cruising in my Jeep!Favourite Colour: red Most viewed Movie: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory or The Doors.Favourite Quote/Saying: an ye harm none do as thou wilt.Best twirling related moment in life so far: I will have to think long and hard to answer.So, post away kiddies! and feel free to occasionally bump this thread to keep it at the top.flash------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 29 June 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Chakanmember
68 posts

Posted:
Name: Chakan (Gregg)Sex: MaleAge: 23Location: Johannesburg South AfricaURL: https://www.chakan.co.za/m&d
- not up yetToys: poi and staffBeen twirling for: about 1 1/2 monthsOccupation: Systems DeveloperHobbies other than obvious: reading, music, partying, drinking, movies!!!, more reading, computer related stuff (geek), rock climbing!Favourite Colour: neon greenMost viewed Movie: The Crow, Hellraiser seriesFavourite Quote/Saying: When Tempest tossed embrace chaos, DON`T PANICBest twirling related moment in life so far: Our first co-ordinated show... went down really well, cept for the confined space, and the kids loved it!!! and I did my first public fire breath!! was awesome all around.[This message has been edited by Chakan (edited 07 November 2001).]

HappyStickermember
42 posts

Posted:
Name: HappySticker (Keith)Sex: maleAge: 19Location: Lubbock TXToys: glowsticks, fire poiBeen twirling for: about 6 monthsOccupation: college studentHobbies other than obvious: hockey (from up north) Favourite Colour: blueMost viewed Movie: Meet The Parents , The Doors.Best twirling related moment in life so far: Recently getting fire (2 weeks ago) and jumping right into all my moves w/o burning myself :-)

If you had a friend that was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down the street and he just fell over......that would be unacceptable.

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
Sorry Cantus wasnt looking up anything in particular just finding out what everything does.Had a look at the IP logged bit just cos was a little worried about hacking when I get my home PC back up and running (got told where to go though!!)------------------Mark P (the mad chemist)

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Name : Phunky (Phuong-Vu Truong)Sex : MaleAge : 19Nationality : VietnameseLocation : Edmonton, Alberta CanadaToys : Poi, Flags, some staffSpinning since: Sometime in the middle of March 2001Occupation : Student / Mall employee (arg)Hobbies : Partying, Dancing, Spinning, Video GamesFavourite movie(s) : Pulp Fiction, The Matrix, Any Chow Yun Fat movieFavourite music : Any type of electronica, House, Trance, 2-step, Drum n bass etc.Favourite quotes : "Remember when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap the motherfucker upside the head...""It's ridiculous saying video games influence children - if PacMan affected kids born in the 80's, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers/young adults who run around in dark rooms, eating pills while listening to monotonous electronic music." Best spinning moment : The realization that the poi don't move, but you move around the poi...------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Storytellermember
19 posts

Posted:
Name: Storyteller(jeremy)Age: 24Sex: MaleHobbies: Anything I haven't tried yetGoals: To integrate as much fire fire into my stage shows as possibleJob: By day, Bum; By night, singer/guitarist for the band Drop LMost watched movie: The princess bride(Inconcievable!).Favorite statement: I'm just sitting on my ass, wasting another day of my youth------------------ Ribbons of color twining and flux, open tomorrow for me

Ribbons of color twining and flux, open tomorrow for me

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Sorry Mark P. Bit of confusion seems to have arisen. I was talking to Pele not you. I knew that she'd been looking me up and i was just looking for comfirmation of the fact.Sorry to worry you.------------------C@ntus

Meh

Si Grasonmember
1 post

Posted:
Name: SiSex: maleAge: 20Location: Sheffield UKURL: https://www.webheedz.com/Toys:
poi, balls!Been twirling for: about 10 minutesOccupation: Scruffy StudentHobbies other than obvious: Anime, juggling, drinking, stuff...Favourite Colour: red Most viewed Movie: Goodfellas.Favourite Quote/Saying: Heyyy...Best twirling related moment in life so far: Not hitting myself in the balls.Thanks and stuffSi

Solipsistmember
2 posts

Posted:
Name: Cory WilliamsSex: MaleAge: 21Location: Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh PA USAToys: Poi, Nunchuku (Poi with short strings), mostly glowstick but only for lack of trying other types (I must try fire sometime soon)Been twirling for: 1 to 1.5 yearsOccupation: Student in CS, soon for go work in the real world.Hobbies: CS/Math, Backpacking, Go, SciFi, Movies that don't make sense, Procrastinating, Spelling poorly, trying to find something to do.Favourite Movies: I hate these questions, but if you must know, Clerks (et. al.), Pi, Dancer in the Dark, Requiem for a dream, Pulp Fiction, stuff by David Lynch, etc. (these may all change tomorrow)Favourite Quote: "Generalizations are dangerous, even this one"email: cgw-AT-andrew-DOT-cmu-DOT-edu

Mark PBRONZE Member
old hand
1,031 posts

Posted:
*BUMP*

earthdreamermember
116 posts

Posted:
Name: HollyAge: 22Astrology: Viro, Leo moonToys: Fire Poi, Staff, Double Stix, Fire ropeFiredancing for:1 and half yearsOccupation: TravellerHobbies: Drawing, sewing spunki clothes, yoga, capoeira, doofing, music, travel, swimming, being happy, writingFav Colour: they are all my favouritesMost viewed Movie: Dancer in the Dark..BjorkFav qoute: eyakawan (means "yeah my friend")Fav twirling moment: i have too many...this one time in Byron twirling with maybe 8 or ten of us at once, the tide was out and the fire being reflected in the wet sand under a full glowing moon it was a well beautiful, very connected time for all of us...we didn't know until later that there was maybe fifty or a hundred people that stopped and watched us..

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yeah yeah ok ok...sex: mainlyage: 23 (OMG)Toys: balls, poi, staff (my baby), double staff (the twins), little bitta metior.Location: around...spinning for: about 5 months (uh huh)hobies apart from the obvious: writing, climbing, cycling, the systematic abuse of cannabis, stick, stick, stick, stick, stick, stick... animation, music, dancing, performance.most scarred side of body: the rightfav website: you guessed itbest spinning moment so far: doing doubles for the fist time with fire comming up like a b###h on mushrooms... oh and first fire and the last time I learned a new trick- of course.fav HOP moderator: Charles, cos hes so cute and nice and daddy man. Josh is kinda sexy tho...Love andx?

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

Eddiemember
7 posts

Posted:
Name: Eddie (Eddie)Sex: MaleAge: 31Location: Sydney AustraliaToys: Double wick fire pois, Practice pois, Streamer pois and two broom sticks.Been twirling for: about 4 yearsOccupation: Computer TechnicianHobbies other than obvious: Pool (not the swimming kind), Sci-fi & computer games.Favourite Colour: Purple, blue & orange (I like all colours)Most viewed Movie: The Blues Brothers, Highlander & TerminatorFavourite Quote/Saying: CoolBest twirling related moment in life so far: Byron 95/96 NYE festival. 12 of us earned $400 in two half hour busks and paid for two large pizzas with 10c and 20c pieces. smile

.draevonBRONZE Member
92 posts

Posted:
Given that I'm now undertaking the role of a registered board member, perhaps it's time to add my little bit here:Name: ÐraevonAge: Twenty-oneSex: MaleLocation: Brisbane, AustraliaGroup: Incendium Fire CircusURL: www.incendium.orgToys: All sorts of things, though I always try my hardest at single staff.Twirling for: About 2¼ yearsOccupation: Web Developer (www.xeudore.net)Hobbies: Making things, Handstands, Photography.Colours: Can't see colours too well and so prefer everything to be black.Movies: Fight Club, Se7en, 12 Monkeys, Matrix (will you look at that ... seems I have a thing for Mr Pitt acting all crazy like)Happy Fire Moment: Fire breathing as part of the Crusty Demons World Tour in front of hyped up crowds of between 15,000 and 25,000 people..

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
NAME: Liam TempestSEX: maleAGE: 23OCCUPATION : metalwork student/long haired lover/fire performerURL: Up and running in a couple of weeks - woohoo!TOYS: fire/glow poi, staff, clubs, diablo.Been practicing staffs for about a year and a half, poi for a year. Other toys are new to me.LOCATION: The Wirral, Cheshire, EnglandHOBBIES: guitar, training to be invis i - b ...FAVORITE COLOUR: inky blue/blackFAVORITE FILMS: Labyrinth, Leon, Fight Club, Earth Girls are Easy.That wasn't too painfull!

MadGirlBettymember
13 posts

Posted:
Name: Betty... or at least I would like it to beSex: femme fataleAge: 17Location: Melbourne, AustraliaURL: My site is crappy and lifeless... Toys: Fire poi, practice poi, juggling scarves, and on my holiday I plan on expirementing with glow sticks (if I can find a supplier)Been twirling for: 'bout 4 monthsOccupation: studentBest traits: Maturity and forgiveness I hope (and looking after drunk people, I'm good at that)Hobbies: Going to gigs (esp. ska gigs), listening to ska, gymnasticsFavorite bands: You Am I, Custard, Oiska, Bluekilla, Louisville Sluggers, Prince Buster, Grinspoon, The Lemonheads, The Titanics(Guilty Pleasure): Dexy's Midnight RunnersFavorite heros: I really admire all my friends that helped me through some really tough times recentlyFavorite Ice cream: CaramelFavorite food: Stir-fryMost hated food: Brussel sproutsFavorite "pg" rated bodily function: hmm... only suffering from short fevers, rather than massive hangoversFavorite Book: Better Than Sex - On the Campaign Trai; (Hunter S. Thompson), anything by Emma TomFavourite Color: ORANGE!!!Smiley: the one that looks sick... it's funnyMost viewed Movies: Trainspotting(Guilty pleasure): Aladdin!!!!!!Favorite T.V. shows: Life Support(Guilty Pleasure): Always Greener... it rocks!Famous person I admire: Emma TomFavorite Quote/Saying: "Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder"Best twirling related moment in life so far: Learning the windmill... I used to do rhythmic gymnastics and they do the windmill with clubs... I'vr always loved it, and now I know how to do it!!!

tallicaburtonmember
51 posts

Posted:
Name/Nick: John/Tallica BurtonSex: MaleAge: 18 (Libra 1)Location: Austin, Texas, USAURL: https://www.geocities.com/funkmasterwege/john.htmlToys:
comets, glowsticks for comets, juggling balls...I use those sock practice poi now, my parents are going to give me comets for Christmas. Doing quadruple corkscrews with strings with socks tied onto the ends is harder then it looks.Spinning for: About 25 days...Occupation: Student (class of 02' smile)Hobbies other than obvious: Music, Reading, writing poetry, running, actingFavourite Colour: navy blueMost viewed Movie: Fight Club/Usual SuspectsFavorite Bands: Weezer, Blue October, (used to be a big fan of metallica and tool, thus my nickname), Nelly (not furtado, yes booty music), me first and the gimme gimmes, breeders, ect ect....Favourite Quote/Saying: "In order to be loved, be lovable" (fortune cookie)Best twirling related moment in life so far: I saw a girl spinning on six street, which made me want to spin too, best moment for ME was when I nailed quadruple corkscrew, got into that groove...very nice (still working on 5 beat weave).--------------------------Search for meaning,not guided by thought.Help me find it,I am lost.[This message has been edited by tallicaburton (edited 24 November 2001).]

tripwirechickmember
4 posts

Posted:
Name: tripwirechick (Stacey)Sex: female Age: 15... frownLocation: Christchurch, New ZealandToys: poi - comet...soon some fire Been twirling for: 9ish monthsOccupation: umm, being at schoolHobbies other than obvious: art, french, harry potter (ha!)Favourite Colour: black, hot pink Most viewed Movie: romeo and julietMost read book: closed, stranger - kate de goldiFavourite Quote/Saying: look at my sig smileBest twirling related moment in life so far: mastering the backwards weave...that must sound lame, but it took ages and i got hurt a lot smile------------------and those that were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

and those that were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
hey, nothings wrong with being fifteen, i was fifteen a couple months ago...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

GodlovinSpongemember
125 posts

Posted:
Though I doubt anyone will ever read this.. I got time on my hands.. so why not.Name: Take you pick, Wolf, Jason, GodlovinSponge, and everything to do with insanity. Sponge is the most popular for me.Sex: MaleAge: 19 (umm.. what happens in a year.. I cant edit this?)Location: Alberta, CanadaURL: https://communities.msn.ca/ReadyToTakeOnTheWorldToys:
A nice stick that I found, getting a aluminum pipe tomorrow. heh heh hehBeen twirling for: not even a weekOccupation: You dont want to know.. in fact.. neither do I. hehHobbies other than obvious: Writing, Reading, Church/Youth, sports, and everythign in between pretty much.Favourite Colour: Metallic Midnight BlueMost viewed Movie: Tied between, Lion King, Hercules, and Toy Story.. also Macross Plus is close.Favourite Quote/Saying: The fact that God accepts you is not the question, but whether or not you accept Him.Best twirling related moment in life so far: Ha... I just started, so I guess... finding out that there are people crazy enough that they would do the same things as me.Other interesting facts:My youth group is all becoming poi twirlers, while he goes for flagging and staffing.His church is beginning to use poi and staff for a type of worship to the Lord.God is good. wink------------------May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

May the fire of God burn its impression on your heart.

Teinemember
74 posts

Posted:
Name: Teine (thomas)Sex: male frownAge: 22Location: Asheville, NC (USA)URL: nonexistant...working on that.Toys: staff...one single-wick wooden, one practice staff steel (working on endurance)Been twirling for: fire=a week. just twirling? ...since i could pick up a stick my height. (about 2-4 years old.)Occupation: once again in college, and hopefully soon a substitute teacher (high-school)Hobbies other than obvious: art, writing, mythology/philosophy/religion, anything celtic/faery, nature in almost all forms.Favourite Colour: green and black (or grey) Most viewed Movie: The Labyrinth, Waking the Dead, Photographing Faeries, Secret of NIMHFavourite Quote/Saying: Nature is reality...man is illusion.Best twirling related moment in life so far: fire- would be first spin...i'm a shaman. smile other than that...padded weapons sparring group. my 2 best choices are claymore and staff.------------------"life begins between the night and the light."

life begins between the night and the light.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hey Teine. Have you seen Fairytale - A True Story?Much better, in my opinion, than Photographing Fairies:no tenuous flower induced halucinationsall star cast - Harvey Keitel, Peter O'toole et ala really whiney girl you want to punch who plays the elder girlmystery, suspense, completely unrelated ghost story,an uncredited cameo by Mel Gibsonthe hero doesn't drop dead at the end of the film......What more could you ask for?Fairies FX are cool too.------------------C@ntusDance beneath the stars, we sound system, we the collective, with a open heart, we the solution - should be respected!

Meh

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link
Name: Sunbeam (Eva)Sex: FemaleAge: 20Location: London, EnglandURL: www.whereisjason.com/fire/Starsign: SagittariusChinese sign: MonkeyToys: Poi Been twirling for: three or four yearsOccupation: Publications Assistant Likes: singing, travelling, clubbing, reading, sailing, new experiences, festivalsFavourite colour: purpleFavourite movie: The LabyrinthFavourite book: Sophie's WorldFavourite performer: Ani di FrancoBest twirling moment ever so far: it gets better every time
Non-Https Image Link
[This message has been edited by sunbeam (edited 29 November 2001).]

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

digital milkmember
37 posts

Posted:
Name: cory Sex: male Age: 15 Location: somewhere in pennsylvania (i seriously dont know where)Toys: socks on a string.. hahaBeen twirling for: 2weeks.. ahhh!Occupation: sleepingHobbies: sleepingFavourite Color: greenMost viewed Movie: ninja scrollMost read book: i hate booksFavourite Quote/Saying: live for music, die for tranceBest twirling related moment in life so far: doing a butterfly and not hitting my self in the "special place" >=0

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Hey Sunbeam, have you seen my new signature?I've actually changed it twice this week.I might stick with this song for the next one (if you see what i mean?)------------------C@ntusIn the past, the fools would pay, to see the freaks of the day. The contradictions of the norm. The bizarre, the wonderful and deformed.No need for the tents and the cages now. The wool is over our eyes. In front the TV circus - a freakshow in disguise.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
The "special place" Digital Milk? Do you mean the Magic Fairy Fountain down at Dingley Dell?

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
NO, hold on, that sounds rude as well.I was aiming for extreme, childlike, innocence.I've only served to get another innuendo.Damn, damn, damnity-damn!

Meh

digital milkmember
37 posts

Posted:
lol.. i think we all know what the "special place" is..err.. do we?

RonopotamusGOLD Member
addict
412 posts

Posted:
Hey there to everyone, I'm one of those new people smileName: Kolong or RonanAge: this is my last week of being 18Location: Galway, IrelandToys: A couple of socks and shoelaces (just started)being twirling for: about 5 daysOccupation: StudentHobbies other than obvious: movies, reading, chilling on the grass on a sunny day with a few friends listening to SublimeFavourite Colour: ?Favourite movies at the mo: Taxi, Memento, Seven SamuraiFavourite quote or saying: Now thats what I'm talking 'bout rite there/that shit aint ripeBest twirling moment: not had many, but there's been a few interesting ones with my lampshade (don't ask)

Don't bolt your door with a boiled carrot...

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Cantus - I have 2 special places. Is that weird?------------------Tomorrow - the day before two days from now

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

PiNkTRiCiTYmember
1 post

Posted:
Name: SaZzY DeeSex: femaleAge: 16 01.01.85 CappricornLocation: Brissy Aust.Toys: Single staff... practice poi :POccupation: take out joint frownHobbies other than obvious: writing poetry, drawing, painting, playing guitar, listening to musicFavourite Colour: purpleRight handedfav bands: Placebo, jack off jill, coldplay, the doors, the beatles, shonen knife, hole, kittie, fur, Ween, stone temple pilots, Zoo bombs, jeff buckley, tool, oh my and so much more------------------"I want to be the girl with the most cake"

I want to be the girl with the most cake

Page: ......