Forums > Social Chat > Favourite place to be...

Login/Join to Participate

firedancingfairyenthusiast
201 posts

Posted:

We all have a special place in which we feel most comfortable, happy, blissful... I would love to hear what everyones is. It can be a place around the world, a room, a natural setting... anything! Be creative!

Mine would have to be the ocean, especially as the sun is rising or setting because you're connecting with the earth at it's transition stage... from day to night, from night to day. Its magic! Other from that it would have to be on stage performing, or in my bedroom- my home of peace!

Look forward to hearing everyones imaginations soar!

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i know it sounds corny, but honestly the most calming and best place to be is in the arms of my best friend/ex fiance/hopefully-soon-to-be-no-longer-ex. after our breakup i realized how much he made me feel at peace when i was with him. thankfully we remained best friends, and we still both love each other very much and may get back together, and every time i spend some time with him i feel complete. nothing is more soothing than just getting a hug from him and holding onto him.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Pyro_TechCrazy Nutter stuck in Farmidale...
264 posts

Posted:
Being anywhere with my best friend is the best place to be!
I dont really get along with his girlfriend because she doesnt feel comfortable with us hanging out together so much, but when I get one of those rare nights with just me and him, it doesnt matter where we are, just hanging out with Jarrett puts a smile on my face guaranteed!!

He lives back in my home town and I live in a residential college for Uni four hours away during term time, so I dont get to see him an awful lot.... I had a really bad term last term and when I arrived home on the first weekend of the hols to suprise him for his birthday, I got the biggest and best hug of my life!

It sounds corny, but he is definitely my soul mate - I dont think you necessarily need to be romantically involved with someone to know that they're your soul mate. What do you think?

When I'm with Jarrett I feel completely happy, completely at ease and...well, complete!
He is definitely my rock, the one person besides my family who I know I can trust without question to support me 100%...
Rach

We all take different paths in life, but no matter which path we take, we take a little of each other everywhere...

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
my favorate places:

sitting on my surfboard waiting for a set.

center camp, Burning Man.

Silika nature preserve, wild coast, South Africa.

one of the redwood groves in Yosemite NP during winter.

In a drumming circle that happens to be onto a particularly nice groove.

next to a certain someone, anywhere, anytime (sadly this happens far too little due to several thousand particularly persistant intervening miles).

If I could manage to put the last three all together at once, I think I would have a heart attack from the shear delight of it.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

AlfredSILVER Member
Altyd Brandend
149 posts

Posted:
my bestest best place to be is on stage,and the best stage was to sing in the Sudwala caves in South Africa with the lights turned off.Just imagine the darkness...surrounded by black,and lots of earth,to sing and hear the best accoustics man cant make...*get chills just thinking about it* there are so many others as well. (i am kinda a home is where the heart is kinda guy) but singing in a black cave is the one that stands out.

Spinning makes my world go round

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i'm right there with you pyro_tech....

that's exactly what i was trying to describe in my post, except chris and i had the romantic interest too and were engaged for a year and a half. we only ended cause we were both struggling with depression and ended up taking it out on each other. the feelings are definately still there though. when we first met we immediately became best friends, we just had that instant connection. and it just later turned into a romantic relationship too. but we always have the friendship as the foundation. i just always feel perfectly comfortable and peaceful when i'm with him.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
I love my bed naturally, so as its where i think and relax thats my place.

But i also think being around really luvvly people is wonderful, being around people who dont judge you, and sit and hold and cuddle you just because they want to. Thats an amazing place to be. Ive only found this place in the last few months after meeting people on HoP. Thanx to everyone who ive met, oh and some big hugz too

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Winchester Cathedral. Can't say exactly why. Something about being in a place that people strove to create for nothing other than their faith, maybe its having the bones of the Saxon kings around me. It's a great place to be.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

_pOp_BRONZE Member
Playing OldSchool Poi
593 posts

Posted:
well... I'm not that well travelled to know all of earth's secret beautifull spots, but I did find a couple of them in mexico and guatemal last year. the magic about that place is that you are surrounded my ancient mayan ruins, that still radiate their energy, while being in the middle of nature! (it's where I got introduced to poi).
oceans would work too, but only to be close to, not to be in. don't get me wrong: I love being in or on the water, but to really come to peace like some places can do to you, you need to be able to relax your body to relax your mind.
I have high hopes for future travels (south-america, india, australia, new-sealand, who knows?) but for now I'd like to share with you a picture from misol-ha, chiapas, mexico...

Non-Https Image Link

and ofcourse: anywhere would be better when you'd be with the one you love and with the music you love.

eric pOpsteric

meditate eRic.

I'm not normally a religious man, but if you're up there, save me, Superman!

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
my favourite place is a beach, any beach im not fussy, at dawn - the pace and calm at that time of the morning is amazing.

my favourite beach at the mo is were my dive centre is, its in a little sandy cove with palm trees etc and is absolutley stunning at anytime of day.

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

Riamember
114 posts

Posted:
There are just so many amazing places but I'm one of those soppy girls thats not compleatly happy unless i can turn to someone i love and share the moment so anywhere can be the best place for me!

[ 06. October 2003, 06:37: Message edited by: Ria ]

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
Twiga beach in mombasa,,kenya.It faces east so the sunrise, the indian ocean and the white sand are my perfect combination.....

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Ooo... I just love the indian ocean!

you really must make it down to wild coast (between Durban and East London) some time! There is this 5 day hike you can take going southwest along the shoreline from Port St. Johns. It is strait up amazing!

Now I want to go to Kenya too.

So much Africa, so little time (and money)!

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Raphael96SILVER Member
old hand
899 posts

Posted:
Great idea for a thread!

For me there are a few:

Afternoon on a small beach called "Hawksnest" on the island of St. John.

The rocks next to Brant Point lighthouse on Nantucket, MA when the tide comes in.

Piazza San Marco at night.

A fencing match on a raised podium. The score tied with time expired. The ref is against me, the angry crowd is against me and my opponent is cheating. The feeling is..amazing!

That first kiss you have been thinking about for days..

Anyplace where I can make my neices laugh.

Night at Pennsic where everything is lit by candles, torches and lanterns, the smell of campfires in my nostrils and a gleam in my eyes.

Raph

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
Great topic!

Well, if I had to pick just one place on earth that I love being, the first place that comes to mind is Copper Harbor, MI. It's the most northern point in Michigan and it happens to be only an hour from where I went to college. The harbor is gorgeous any time of year but my favorite season is winter. I ski to the tip and listen to the fall of snow and the sound of ice grinding in the waves. It reminds me of how simple life really is and brings a calmness to my soul that I can't find anywhere else on earth. I wish I could share it with everyone reading this!

Oh, and it also happens to be the place where poi and myself were first introduced. It was on a rock outcropping at night with a light snowfall and a bit of moonlight peeking through the clouds. Could it be any more perfect? It was definately love at first spin.

may the gods of peace and chaos be with you (and if you are a cold weather person, then may Heikki Lunta bless you)

.:~* cage *~:.

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
Great topic!

Well, if I had to pick just one place on earth that I love being, the first place that comes to mind is Copper Harbor, MI. It's the most northern point in Michigan and it happens to be only an hour from where I went to college. The harbor is gorgeous any time of year but my favorite season is winter. I ski to the tip and listen to the fall of snow and the sound of ice grinding in the waves. It reminds me of how simple life really is and brings a calmness to my soul that I can't find anywhere else on earth. I wish I could share it with everyone reading this!

Oh, and it also happens to be the place where poi and myself were first introduced. It was on a rock outcropping at night with a light snowfall and a bit of moonlight peeking through the clouds. Could it be any more perfect? It was definately love at first spin.

may the gods of peace and chaos be with you (and if you are a cold weather person, then may Heikki Lunta bless you)

.:~* cage *~:.

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
unfortunately, im with Pounce a bit, my favourite place to be is in the arms of my best friend/ex boyfriend, or at his house down the coast, or when i went to QLD with him.
ahh.......being pathetic is a wonderful thing to be.....

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
Me to, shes my ex, my bestfriend, basically the world to me, and will be my future.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

firedancingfairyenthusiast
201 posts

Posted:
Woahhhhhhh! I'm so impressed. So many of you are so romantic I hope all your unrequited or difficult love experiences work out for the best. Never hold back, and let your heart sing!

Some of you have been to the most beautiful places. Alfred!!! Singing in a pitch black cave sounds amazing! I'm speechless... in your post you totally took me there while I was reading it and I could hear your lovely resonating melodies.

)Spanner(... your perfect place sounds absolutely beautiful, because it is so simple and peaceful.

Also, pyro_tech... I do believe that you don;t have to have a romantic involvement with your soul mate. My soul mate is a beautiful young woman that I am forever connected too by soul. We have that 'soul mate' friendship that is difficult to put into words.We're two little music loving mermaids... fairies of the forest! Each second is magic, and emotion flows freely/easily expressed when we're together. Just like Pounce said, "I feel complete".

Eera, I have the same feelings about old churches and cathedrals. Theres an ancient atmosphere of such a sacred sanctury... you feel like you are in a home of peaceful purity, like there are angels sitting in prayer all around you. Magic!

Popsteric, it sounds like you have been to some delightful places. Mexico is one of my dream places to go. I heard they have the most delicious restaurants in the most luscious rainforest settings. Follow your dreams with your travels, they all sound like great places... and believe that it is possible, cos it is!

Woodnymph... that sounds like the most amazing location . Sounds like my perfect combination too. Actually, Vanize, your combination is pretty hard to beat!

Keep the favourite places coming. It is the most beautiful response, you are all so beautiful... and passionate about the things and those you love!

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
with my fiance

and I have a quiet place in the park that I go to sometimes.

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
one of my fav places is my kit bag, cos when i go into it i can pull out atoy and happily play anywere i like! (ps i have created a new one....BUS poi!)

another being with mates/frineds or hopers either spinning or non, and just looking after ppl, so i know they are ok!

and my mates beds, those who have talked to me KNOW i LOVVVVVVVVE Sleep and anywere that encoyrages me, cant be worng!

later days guys

Step (el-nombrie)

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
A secluded cove at dawn, with just you and your significant other. Somewhere you can sit on the beach and listen to the waves crash against the shore just holding each other close, wrapped in a blanket. As the fire burns down to it's last embers and the sun begins to rise over the ocean.
No need to talk, not a care in the world, but that perfect moment of calm, peace and togetherness. *sigh*

Since I don't have anyone to share that with though, i'd have to go for the next best thing.

Riding on my board through tree lined slopes and all you can hear is the sound of the board on the snow, no one else around, just you and the mountain and a hot coffee at the end.

PsyB.

Thanks tho guy's, had a really crappy morning today, and this thread has chilled me right out... just what I needed.

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Attersee mini camp; Free Life in Austria, I had the greatest time there

A place nearer to home, England: would be a field in Royston, I met a lot of people at a rave and my sister and I were messed up (she's so cute), the best one I have been to and no more mess ups for me, too much badness comes of it.

Another one would be with my big sister, poo's been happening to her and I love her soo much, going to see her in uni-land soon!

And bed!

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Here are a few... in no particular order.

Places Some Of You Know:
-Cassandra's Greek Island Home, on the rock
-Behind the counter at the Beer Tent at EJC
-With my head on Loli's lap, anywhere (preferably out of range of Anna's juggling balls)
-On any Te Pooka couch.
-Tea in the Princess Palace.
-In my neighborhood on Friday Night
-On my block.
-On my stoop.
-On my living room floor.
-Getting Lost in a Snuggle.

And Some You May Not Know:
-Atop any dorm at UCLA.
-Looking out the front window of any New York City Subway.
-Atop the Stanford Stadium Scoreboard at Midnight.
-Windows on the World looking down. (RIP)
-Twilo.
-The lunatarium, back in the day.
-Shotgun in my best friend's car in High School.
-Church of Craft.
-In front of my little brothers' Nintedo, winning.
-In front of my little brothers' Nintendo, losing.
-Vodka Cranberry, any candlelit East village lounge.
-In my shower, sunday afternoon, feeling the kerosine soot wash off from the night before.

There's more... but that'll do for now.

GRRRREAT TOPIC. I'm all smiles. Can I add:

HoP, lost in a topic like this.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]