Forums > Social Chat > The OFFICIAL Home of Poi Rollcall

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
With the continuing influx of new people (Big firey welcome to you all!) I guess it makes a lot of sense for us to have an official "getting to know you" type thread. smile Elders and Newbies alike, enter your details here and feel free to use/modify/disregard the format below:Name: flash fire (Sarah)Sex: female (remember, all possible smart responses to this question have already been done!)Age: 23Location: Sydney AustraliaURL: https://wickeffect.cjb.net/Toys:
all fire staff/double staff/double crossesBeen twirling for: about 4 yearsOccupation: corporate lackieHobbies other than obvious: reading, skiing, travelling, doofing, cruising in my Jeep!Favourite Colour: red Most viewed Movie: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory or The Doors.Favourite Quote/Saying: an ye harm none do as thou wilt.Best twirling related moment in life so far: I will have to think long and hard to answer.So, post away kiddies! and feel free to occasionally bump this thread to keep it at the top.flash------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 29 June 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

swiftythefireguymember
61 posts

Posted:
swifty aka eric

dont ever ask me whta time it is ?where are we? or are we there yet? because the time is now!we here !and we wil never be there !

the streaking wombatmember
10 posts

Posted:
NAME: robertSEX: man-meatAGE: 21ASTROLOGICALNESS: capricornRESIDENCE: city of angels, baby (LA, CA)OCCUPATION: student at university of southern california, but soon to follow childhood dream of a massage careerTOYS: poi, learning staff, and craving devil stixSPINNING: since june, 01HOBBIES: life, love, and mountain/desert parties; all which are conviently rolled together...oh, and dancing for days at a time with beautiful peopleFAVORITE COLOR: fireFAVORITE MUSIC TO SPIN TO: a drum circle around a bonfire with a splash of background chanting...f@cking magicalTEEN YEARS HOLLYWOOD FETISHES: Drew Barymore and Gillian Anderson (scully - Xfiles - 'nuff said)ANCY FOR: burning man '02...ready for my virgin burn...if only i had made it this year... ;-(------------------this fire and i dance among the stars[This message has been edited by the streaking wombat (edited 07 December 2001).]

this fire and i dance among the stars

FireQmember
2 posts

Posted:
Name: FireQSex: MaleAge: 27Location: Chico,CA USURL: https://members8.clubphoto.com/jason458638/563812/guest.phtmlToys:
Fire Poi and Beamers / Staff Been twirling for: about .5 yearsOccupation: Software EngineerHobbies other than obvious: Metal WorkFavourite Colour: Blue Most viewed Movie: Lost Highway, Velvet Goldmine. Favourite Quote/Saying: "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben FranklinBest twirling related moment in life so far: My friends wanted to see me twirl in the backyard, but soon it degenerated into a pyros wet dream and we nearly burned down the house.

The FireQ

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Name: Sickpuppy (Dan)SEX: Male (Outdoor plumbing rules!)Age: 21Occupation: Machinist, Waste of space, starving artist/writer/musician.Location: Denver, Colorado, U.S.A.Toys: Staff, Three section staff, Chain whip, Rope dart, and your mom. Other hobbies: Martial arts, Bourbon and Gin consumption, reckless driving, Music, foosball, trying to figure out the rules for snooker just by watching matches, and general pointless destruction and Meyhem.Astrological sign: Libra/MonkeyFavorite Color: Black Nicknames: Punk Rock, Death Rock, and "Best I've ever had".Favorite quote: "There is no predetermined harmony between the furtherance of truth and the well being of mankind" - NeitzscheFavorite movies: Plan 9 from Outer Space, Dr. Strangelove, Apocalypse Now, and the Evil Dead trilogy.Music of Choice: Industrial, i.e.: Skinny Puppy, Frontline Assembly, Lard, Merzbo ext... And Punk (but real Punk rock, not that new school whiney Blink 182 crap).Best twirling moment so far: The moment my friend handed me a flaming staff and said "Here, see what you can do."[This message has been edited by SickpuPpy (edited 20 February 2002).]

Jesus helps me trick people.

yatesfSILVER Member
2 posts

Posted:
Name: Fred YatesSex: maleAge: 25Location: Colorado USAURL: https://www.collegeclub.com/matchu/showprofile.asp?UserID=20000002364532Toys:
photons/staff/poiBeen twirling for: 1.5 yearsOccupation: program managerHobbies other than obvious: clubbingFavourite Colour: blue Most viewed Movie: Fight ClubFavourite Quote/Saying: I'll make ya famousBest twirling related moment in life so far: Center stage in Club Velvet, St Louis when the entire crowd suddenly lost their personal agendas to be captivated by this thing called poi.

Twirl'N'BurnBooojakasha
121 posts

Posted:
Name: RyanSex: Male Age: 18Location: Brisbane AustraliaToys: Staff Poi Been twirling for: 6 monthsOccupation: Checkout ChickHobbies other than obvious: reading, sleeping, eating, Most viewed Movie: Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrles Favourite Quote/Saying: Sometimes things dont go wrong, they simply happen or Shit just dosnt hapen assholes cause it (Both can be very true)Best twirling related moment in life so far: Last night of Schoolies 2001

Simply an excuse to play with fire.

Pheelgoodmember
30 posts

Posted:
Name; Philage; 23Gender; blokeLocation: Just outside London, UK. [Egham]Toys: Just Poi so farBeen twirling for: 7 weeksOccupation: Budding industrial designerHobbies other than obvious: reading, working, photography and trying to work out both the meaning of life and my favourite musicMost viewed Movie: Bad Taste, by some Kiwi blokes. And the MatrixFavourite Quote/Saying: 'Ay ams what ay ams' [Popeye]Best twirling related moment in life so far: After four weeks of twirling; opening Uni's fireworks display with a mate - big bonfire, big crowd, big speakers. Big night!Would like to say: After seeing them outside a trance party in London and having someone at a house party show me the ropes (or chains), i just had to get some fire poi! I love it, it feels so good and it keeps you warm on a winters night. Everyone should have a go!

SparkfireFire coach - Cirque du Soleil
89 posts

Posted:
Name: PyroptiX (Dan)Sex: MaleAge: 21Astrology: Gemini/Metal MonkeyLocation: Melbourne, AustraliaToys: Double staff / Double crosses / Poi / Flags / Chuck-Poi / Fire Palms / Fire Wings / Fire clubs / Fire Juggling Balls / Diablo / Devil stick / Unicycle etc...Been twirling for: 6 yearsOccupation: PerformerHobbies: Doofs (Psy-Trance), reading, martial arts, circus skills, rock climbing, good food, good films, good ppl, good fun.

LUCIAN POIERmember
12 posts

Posted:
Name: SimonHOP NAME: Lucian PoierPlace of birth: The beautiful Island of St.Lucia in the CaribbeanI swing glow sticks, fire, basically almost anything thats swingableResidence: Clearwater, Florida

It's a burning faya

southpawmember
5 posts

Posted:
name:jacksonage:13home blushdessa,FLweapon of choice: firepoi,glowstickshowlong:almost two monthshobbies:soccer,and music

Bouncemember
37 posts

Posted:
Name: BounceSex: girlAge: 21Astro: geminiLocation: sydney australiaToys: just poi, but about to upgrade them to something with a longer tail smile1st twirl: about a year ago in melb, but only bought my own 2 months agoOccupation: uni studentHobbies: bouncing, reading & nappingFav colour: blueFav food: mushrooms, cheese & olivesFav animal: meerkatsFav film: not sure, i'm usually big on cartoons thoughFav Quote: 'if not here...where?, if not now...when?, if not me...who?' - not sure who said itBest twirling related moment in life so far: either the first time i twirled or figuring out a new trickLooking most forward to: getting up the courage to use fire poi!

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
Name: Neph SEX: GirlAge: 26Occupation: PhotographerLocation: Denver, Colorado, U.S.A.Toys: poi for nowOther hobbies: Travel and lost of it!Been twirling for: About a month, maybe two.. what is today?Astrological sign: VirgoFavorite Color: glow in the darkNickname: NephFavorite quote: "how exactly does one get lost in Kansas?"Favorite movies: Stigmata... Music of Choice: Juno Reactor, Wumpscut, and Skinny PuppyBest twirling moment so far: Playing outside a club with unlit poi. One of the singers for this leg of the PigFace tour approached me and said I looked good and should light them on fire.....

dizzymember
43 posts

Posted:
Name. Dave (aka Dizz)Sex. MaleAge. 20Occupation. Lifegard/layaboutLocation. ManchesterToys. Poi,clubs,staff,diabloHobbies. Climbing,clubing,Reflexology,Aromatherapy,yogaFavorite color. BlackBest twirling moment so far. Every time I burn!!Take careDizz smile------------------[This message has been edited by dizzy (edited 19 January 2002).]

Missionmember
3 posts

Posted:
Name: (\/)ission (Dylan) Sex: Male Age: 18 Location: Canada (In an Iglu eating baby seal meat ay?) Been Firedancing for: 6 Months Occupation: day job = Chef Part Time = Club DJ Hobbies other than obvious: Golf & Swimming Favourite Colour: Green Most viewed Movie: Matrix, Gladiator & Fight Club Favourite Quote/Saying: "To Begin to start understanding Fait you first must realize there is none" grin wink tongue cool rolleyes mad shocked confused

~(/)ission~

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Name: Christian(FIRE SPIRIT) SkichristianAGE: 22 (Aries)SEX: AbsolutelyLocation: Anchorage, Alaska (Orig. Franconia New Hampshire)TOYS:I have been spinning Poi for 5 years, staff and Fire Breathing for about 6 months. I have Double headed poi, Regular Poi, A Staff, Fire Breathing tools, and I spinn glow sticks and flags. Ocupation: Mountain Host @ Alyeska Ski ResortHobbies: Skiing, Spinning, Hiking, Biking, and DancingFav. Colour: PurpleMost Read Book: As Man Thinkith(James Allen), Harry Potter Books (hehe)[This message has been edited by skichristian (edited 17 December 2001).]

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

Amanjiramember
6 posts

Posted:
Name: MattNick: Macheus, Amanjira.Sex: Male Age: 20Starsign: Scorpio!!Location: Manly, Sydney, AustraliaToys: Fire poi, and not much else...Been twirling for: on/off for 8 monthsOccupation: Retail JewelleryHobbies other than obvious: Gothic, Clubbing, Medieval origin stuff, Campin.... Favourite Colour: Black all the way.Most viewed Movie: Matrix, awaiting Matrix 2.Favourite Quote/Saying: Ad Nocendum Potentus Sumus.

Spin hard, or go home...

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Yo, Newbee here!!NAME: Nicole Germond (if u know ne other Germonds, please tell me about them: we dont have many here!)SEX: Female (the best!)AGE: 15- I like it young... winkLOCATION: South AfricaTOYS: Just PoiTWIRLIN TIME: Around two weeks (hey, u gotta start!)FAVE COLOUR: Black, Black, White (and sometimes shocking orange!!)WORST PERSONALITY TRAIT: the attention span of a goldfishMOST VIEWED MOVIE: ...Austin Powers!!! You gotta love him!QUOTE: "Swallowed by another hopeless dream, what does it matter? Nobody really cares. Tommorow the flowers will die - if not today."FAVE SAYING: If i throw a stick will you go away?? BEST TWIRLING MOMENT: Man - Starting twirling: it was the best moment of my lifePEACE OUT------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles
Id love to be a glow-worm
Cuz a glow-worm's never glum
It's hard to be downhearted
When a light shines out your bum

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Name: Eric CrossSex: MaleAge: 13Location: San Diego, CAToys: Shoe strings with Glowsticks attachedBeen twirling for: Almost a monthOccupation: StudentHobbies other than obvious: Drawing and Coloring things on the computer (https://9bit.net/~ecross/Page/main.html) Favourite Colour: Blue Most viewed Movie: Rush Hour 2Best twirling related moment in life so far: Learning the backwards weave turning around to do the foward weave mixed in with the butterfly.//edit Spelling[This message has been edited by Kinudin (edited 25 December 2001).]

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
they just keep coming, do you thin this think will ever dry up?

One fine day in the middle of the night,
Two dead men got up to fight,
Back to back they faced each other,
Drew there swords and Shot each other.

Jedimember
11 posts

Posted:
name:Liamsex:maleage:16location: Tauranga, New ZealandToys:staffBeen twirling 'bout 4 monthsFav Movie: The matrixFav Show: Dragonball ZFav Book: Harry PotterHobbies: Climbing, SnorklingStars: Libra wink------------------May the force be with you

May the force be with you

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It's not a flow though is it Ajay. More a steady trickle.

Meh

ufo8mycatBRONZE Member
journeyman
60 posts

Posted:
Name: Alex RinslerSex: MaleAge: 19Location: Nottinhgam uni, but really S.London. Toys: Poi, Fire poi, imaginationBeen twirling for: six monthsOccupation: StudentHobbies other than obvious: Piano, skydiving, travelling, clubbingFavourite Colour: silver Most viewed Movie: La haineBest twirling related moment in life so far: lighting up... grinFave Quote/saying: There are no miracles, because nothing is impossible.Live for the moment, buy a polaroid camera

it's not that i mean to set things on fire...

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
steady being the key word there

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
Name: Organized KaosSex: MaleAge: 17Location: Toronto CanadaToys: Glowstick PoiBeen twirling for: August 2001Occupation: DJHobbies other than obvious: Spinning (records, not poi) Keyboard/synthesizer making own euro/dance traxFavourite Colour: blueMost viewed Movie: The Shawshank Redemtion, BrothersFavourite Quote/Saying: "Whatever Floats your boat"Best twirling related moment in life so far: twirling for the first time in the circle at a club and having the MC come up to me and ask me to teach him sum moves.------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

Ajaymember
158 posts

Posted:
next

Skeksmember
11 posts

Posted:
Name: Skeks (Chris)Sex: maleAge:20Location: Houston, TX, USAToys: fire/beaming poi, glowsticksBeen Twirling for: about a yearOccupation: art studentHobbies other than obvious: see occupationFavorite Color: changes with moodMost viewed movie: The Dark CrystalFavorite Quote: "You'll live through it." (I say this to myself whenever I rack myself with the beaming poi)------------------!You've just been Skeked!

!You've just been Skeked!

getzaphixmember
8 posts

Posted:
Name: Stephen (stef-in)Sex: MaleAge: 20Location: Madison, WI, USAToys: poi of all typesBeen twirling for: about a monthOccupation: art studentHobbies other than obvious: drawing, throwing pots, wrapping presents, creating, playing guitar.Favourite color: dark blueMost viewed movies: matrix, fight club, american beauty, pcu, groundhog day, oh brother where art thou, amelie, watch alot of movies..Least favourite pop culture saying: "wazzzup"Favourite band: radioheadBest twirling moment so far: having my parents appreciate my spinningURL: https://www.sit.wisc.edu/~sjpetrus/temp2.htmlPlease
do not use anything off my website without permission. It is copyrighted. Thank you.

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Name:TjoniASL:29 F MelbourneToys:Single and Double staff, PoiWork:Costume designer/manufaturerInterests:African drumming and dancing, anything mystical, India, dragons, confestFav Quote:So one is completely useless- they can at least serve as a bad example...

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Name: Carrey Gray (Just "C" is fine.)Sex: FemaleAge: 24Astrology: GeminiLocation: London UK, although I'm from Cape TownOccupation: Human Resources Liaison Toys: Poi, StaffBeen twirling since: April 2001Other hobbies: Film, Books, Computers, Travel, Dancing, etc.Favourite book: Ender's GameFavourite Colour: Blue, or Red...depends...Best twirling moment in life so far: I guess it would have to be the first time I picked up fire. It was my first night of Poi ever and I was on the Full Moon beach (Koh Panghan) in Thailand. I just picked up the fire and did a forward weave, that was it, but I was so hooked from that second under the moonlight and I'm very happily still as obsessed as ever...;-)

Moondancermember
10 posts

Posted:
ok Ive been cruising around this site for yonkers and I finally have an opportunity to make myself known!! smileNAME: HollyAGE: 17SEX: FemaleLOCATION: currently at Sunny Coast, Queensland, but not 4 long..(Ima headin to Lismore for Uni smilewoohoo!!!!)EMAIL ME: (PLEASE) betty_pssketti@hotmail.comTOYS: staff, fire poiBEEN TWIRLING FOR: not long, Im a beginner (bout 4 months)STAR SIGN: LibraOCCUPATION: (Uni) student -->Visual ArtsHOBBIES BESIDES THE OBVIOUS: art, art, um...art, bellydancing, African and Egyptian drumming, art...yeah and I like a bit of art.FAVE COLOUR: orange/hot pinkFAVE FOOD: mongolian lambFAVE ANIMAL: cat, and otters and lemursFAVE MOVIE: BiodomeFAVE QUOTE: "Up your ziggy with a wa-wa brush"BEST FIREDANCING MO: first lighting, at the beach, in front of all my closest friends. They were pretty impressed smileNirvana is right here...before our eyes. Live for the moment.

Page: ......