Forums > Social Chat > The OFFICIAL Home of Poi Rollcall

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
With the continuing influx of new people (Big firey welcome to you all!) I guess it makes a lot of sense for us to have an official "getting to know you" type thread. smile Elders and Newbies alike, enter your details here and feel free to use/modify/disregard the format below:Name: flash fire (Sarah)Sex: female (remember, all possible smart responses to this question have already been done!)Age: 23Location: Sydney AustraliaURL: https://wickeffect.cjb.net/Toys:
all fire staff/double staff/double crossesBeen twirling for: about 4 yearsOccupation: corporate lackieHobbies other than obvious: reading, skiing, travelling, doofing, cruising in my Jeep!Favourite Colour: red Most viewed Movie: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory or The Doors.Favourite Quote/Saying: an ye harm none do as thou wilt.Best twirling related moment in life so far: I will have to think long and hard to answer.So, post away kiddies! and feel free to occasionally bump this thread to keep it at the top.flash------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 29 June 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

MusicMindedmember
10 posts

Posted:
Name: MarcoSex: MaleAge: 23E-mail: marcohasgonetraveling@hotmail.comLocation: The NetherlandsToys: PoiBeen twirling for: 2 weeks and addictedOccupation: Just got home from travelling for over a year. Currently looking for work as Software Engineer in UK, NL or AustraliaHobbies other than obvious: Listening music, drums, guitar, singing, meditation, hiking, travelling.Favourite Colour: Black and PurpleBest Movie: The MatrixFavourite Music: TOOL, Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Hendrix, Massive Attack, dEUS, Tori Amos (concert in Amsterdam tomorrow!!!) and loads of other stuff... I *love* good productions...Favourite Quote/Saying: I just nicked someone else's i really liked saying -"limitation is a creation of the mind". Thanks for that!Favourite Poi Moment: Doing the circular chase!![This message has been edited by MusicMinded (edited 28 November 2001).]

No need to be void,...Or save up on life,...Got to spend it all,...

DocLiquidmember
97 posts

Posted:
Name: DocSex: MaleAge: 19Location: Naples, FLToys: photons, glowsticks, fire poi(basically anything that lights up)Been twirling for: just over 4 months(without a wink of sleep)Occupation: Automotive technician by day, fire technicin by nightHobbies: my one other love will always be poetryFavorite music: Hardcore trance, house, and D&BMy favorite Author/Songwriter: Jim MorrisonFavorite Movies: American Beauty, Snatch, Lockstock and two smoking barrels, TrainspottingBest twirling Related Moment:Cracking 5 beat weave to triple windmill(windmill/weave) to BTB weave.------------------Let us Light up the Night[This message has been edited by DocLiquid (edited 28 November 2001).]

Let us Light up the Night

digital milkmember
37 posts

Posted:
*note to self* do not spin next to the christmas tree.. things go crash..

PeterBmember
20 posts

Posted:
Name: Peter Boie(Peter Boie)Sex: MaleAge: 19Location: Topsham, Maine, USAURL: www.peterboie.comToys: poi(just comet right now, I'm still new), juggling balls, clubs, devil sticks, a deck of cards Been twirling for: hmmmmm what's today? 5 days!!Occupation: magician, part time waitorHobbies other than obvious: listening to music, partying, athletics(mostly running, but any sport too), pool, ping pong, hiking, camping, traveling(trying to), trumpet...Favourite Colour: orange Most viewed Movie: mavrick, or star warsFavourite Quote/Saying: "Goonies never say die"-The Goonies. "You can't please everyone so you got to please yourself"-Ricky NeilsonBest twirling related moment in life so far: When I first swong my poi!(a few days ago smileAre there any people from Maine or New Hampshire in here?!?!? I think I might be the first Mainer on the board. Is that a record or something?Peter

----------------------what is fire? Magic!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
*note to digital milk* Dont have a christmas tree in November. You're fully one month early.

Meh

digital milkmember
37 posts

Posted:
blame the parents!!!

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link
Hey Cantus check this outE smile------------------Life in the circus ain't easy but the folks on the outside don't know yeah well the tent goes up and the tent goes down and all that they see is the show and the ladies on the horses look so pretty and the lions are looking real mad and some of the clowns are happy and some of the clowns are sad. Welcome to the freakshow.. here we go (Freakshow by Ani di Franco)

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Sorry Digital Milk. After some research I've discovered that it's normal to have your tree up already. Must be just me that thinks that's strange.I just can't get my head round it. Is it just an American thing? Am I alone in England with this as well?

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Nice Eve, but mine's the Levellers tongue

Meh

digital milkmember
37 posts

Posted:
hrmm.. maybe its just you? :P everyone around my area has christmas lights up, so id assume they put a tree up.. unless they get a real one.. i dunno.. i honestly hate everything about christmas except for christmas day.. presents!! stupid xmas music bothers me.. really badly..

heather_member
23 posts

Posted:
though that as i have been fairly elusive (erm never post anything), yet i read the posts on this page on a fairly regular basis i would introduce myself, so here goes....NAME: heatherSEX: girlAGE: 23OCCUPATION: bimblerTWIRLING FOR: erm, maybe 2 years?TOYS: poi LOCATION: currently residing in Frenzies housey in Sydney but will be moving on to other parts of Oz soon, back to beautiful manchester april 2002 maybe??HOBBIES: eating cake smile, doofing, bimblingFAVE COLOUR: orange, pink or anything spanglyI reckon thats all the most important info for now....

....lurks

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Bimbling? Spangly? You sure you're from England?!

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
She live in Australia bendy. I see that rudimentry reading class was wasted on you.You managed to stay the course on Superficial scanning tho. grin

Meh

heather_member
23 posts

Posted:
from manchester (in beautiful sunny england) smile, but I am currently travelling around australia, or at least i was until i met frenzie, finn and flash fire...now i harass them and live in their houses mwahahahahaha. I'm leaving them soon though, shall continue around australia and then back to england (as I wrote in previous post???), oh, yep I'm english

....lurks

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Define spangly please (for the antipodean of us English)

Meh

heather_member
23 posts

Posted:
spangley, to spanglespan·gle (spnggl)n. A small sparkling object, drop, or spot: spangles of sunlight. v. span·gled, span·gling, span·gles v. tr.To adorn or cause to sparkle by covering with or as if with spangles: Lights spangled the night skyline. v. intr.To sparkle in the manner of spangles.

....lurks

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
In that case you'll love my hair. Orangey-red avec sparkle: https://communities.msn.co.uk/AnalysisNewsAndLaughter/cantus.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=305
Like that.[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 30 November 2001).]

Meh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Manchester - told ya, Nyah!! (j/k wink)what about bimbler/bimbling - from the verb bimble?? meaning ....?

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

Teinemember
74 posts

Posted:
Cantus-jah, i've seen Fairytale. it was a tossup between the two, and since i'd rented photographing fairies recently, i listed it. i'm a fairy nut...if it involves fae, winged or not, (or fur or fangs) it's got my attention. i'm not too keen on horror, though.you're not alone on the tree thing. i was sickened by walmart this year...they had christmas stuff in september. whatever happened to starting that stuff just before the beginnnig of december? *sighs*i love the hair!! ubercool! red and sparkly...prettyprettypretty! smile------------------"life begins between the night and the light."

life begins between the night and the light.

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
whoa Cantus.. shame on me for not reading your roll call entry, but from your posts i always percieved you as being older.. blushanother stereotype smashed. thank you!Kindest regards,rex

newbiemember
3 posts

Posted:
name: VickiSex: girlieage: 24location: Calgary, for now...email: vixworld@hotmail.comtoys: fire poi and single staff right now, beaming balls in 7-9 working days hehehebeen spinning for: almost a yearoccupation: student and waitress extraordinairehobbies: snowboarding, playing in my neighbours garden, surfing (not here tho!!), getting into trouble...fav colour: intense primaries (big yellow, big red and big blue!)fav. animal: big sloppy dogshandedness: rightybest spinning mo: messing around on the beaches of Byron Bay (Oz) and not noticing the growing crowd till I was done.fav quote: "our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us." (good ole Nelson Mandela)

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
name jonathanage 23, taurusoccupation studenttoys: staffs pois swords chains lots of other weaponshobbies: martial arts (16 years) body boarding horse riding general fitness stuff reading healing astral travel causing mayhem in the lab where i work, and the odd bit of illicit chemistry!time twirling 5 yearsbest poi moment #1 wrapping them around my neck and burning the end of my nose!!#2 showing people new moves and that its possible to do heaps of moves with two butterflies going hard!!fav colours: indigo, yellow, red, green, orange, bluefav movie: krullfav book: Dune yeah yeah desert magik!!!fav words:fire and sun and golden armour i bearbear the weight of challengein the shining realmsrealms of spiralling whitewhite chambers fitted withthrones of gold gold chains of flowers in a field of wheatwheat lit by another sunsun gleaming like my head on firefire and sun and golden armour i bearoh yes, much mischeif to be got up to with fire!

TEK829member
29 posts

Posted:
Okay, I've been lurking for a couple months. May as well post. Name: SonyaSex: Chick (as opposed to "guy")Age: 23Location: Albany, NYOccupation: paramedic/studenttoys: Photons, SauceLights, glowsticks, Glo-Wands, fire chains, cheap ugly tennis ball practice chains, staff? (that's next)Time spinning: 'bout 5 monthsOther stuff: All kinds of stuff. No web site, tho. Sorry. Questions? Problems? Comments? Snide remarks?

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and the world laughs at you. It's your choi

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Name: Dave (aka DJ Salinger)Sex: MaleAge: 22Location: North Carolina US, usually Jersey, Channel IslandsToys: Fire staffBeen twirling for: 1 yrOccupation: Lazy studentHobbies other than obvious: Snowboarding, mixing drum and bass, travelling, reading.Favourite Colour: Blue Most viewed Movies: Man Bites Dog, Run Lola Run, Full Metal Jacket, The Idiots, La Heine.Most read book: The Catcher in the Rye, The Damage Done, Heart of Darkness.Favourite Quote/Saying: "A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than word" (Dr. Winston O' Boogie aka John Lennon)Best twirling related moment in life so far: Blindfolded staffing on Myrtle Beach South Carolina after a litre of vodka!

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

Jaymanmember
4 posts

Posted:
Name: Jason aka.JaymanSex: MaleAge: 28Location: Saint Petersburg, Florida USAToys: Homemade Poi (Glowsticks on strings)Been twirling for: Almost a monthOccupation: Tech Support @ VerifoneHobbies other than obvious: Working on my VW Bug. Mixing trance, Hard House. Favourite Colour: Black Most viewed Movie: AliensBest twirling related moment in life so far: I just discovered this site so it's all bumps and bruises with a weave/windmill every now and again.------------------Don't take life too seriously, You will never get out of it alive.

Don't take life too seriously, You will never get out of it alive.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Meh

eturn80member
15 posts

Posted:
*bruise* tee hee!Name: Ben (Eturn80=Eternity) <- for those who take prde in pronounciation.Age:18Place: Gold Coast, AustraliaSex: MaleBest twirling experiance: Last weekend i was in a tribal circle with about 8 other fire folk. My first fire orgy! winkHobbies: Dancing, Singing, Ps2, Acrobatics, and anything adrenaline based! grinMost viewed movie: Dune, Matrix, or The CrowFav. Music genre: Housish Trance (anything with an actual musical instrement e.g. piano)Toys: Fire/Neon Poi (quite good), Stick (eh), (learning double stick)All n all peoples, i think this was a great idea. KEEP THE FIRES BURNING MY PRETTIES!:P-------------------------------------------Only Users lose drugs!

cassiemember
6 posts

Posted:
Name: Cassandra Heinrich (cass)Sex: FemaleAge: 21Astrology: SaggittariusLocation: UK at present, Adelaide Australia is my homeOccupation: Gymnastic InstructorToys: Poi, magic(devil)sticksBeen twirling for: bout 1 1/2 yearsOther hobbies: Capoiera, travelling, dancingFavourite book: Celestine PropheciesFavourite Colour: BlueBest twirling moment in life so far: Alone at a deserted beach, near a town i grew up in, full moon- just me, the waves, the fire.

Barbmember
13 posts

Posted:
Name: BarbSex: femaleAge: (clears throat) 37Location: Sheffield, UKURL: https://www.faceparty.com/barb467Toys:
poiBeen twirling for: about one and a half yearsOccupation: admin in a universityHobbies other than obvious: MA film studies, clubbingFavourite Colour: pinkMost viewed Movie: Some Like it HotFavourite Quote/Saying: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger (or words to that effect)Best twirling related moment in life so far: fire twirling for a party

We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

erinmember
3 posts

Posted:
NAME: ERINSEX: LADYAGE: 18ASTROLOGICALNESS: SAGITARRIUS--YES I'M THE CENTAR!RESIDENCE: CIN CITY, OHIOOCCUPATION: STUDENT AT OHIO UNIVERSITY IN ATHENS, OHIO TOYS: GLOWSTICKS. WANT TO TAKE ON FIRE, BUT IM NOT QUITE SURE HOW TO GET STARTED!SPINNING: 9 MONTHS, BUT HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO PRACTICE MUCH WITH THE START OF SCHOOLHOBBIES: MUSIC IS MY LIFE, DANCE, CONCERTS, WRITING, READING, ART AND JUST BEING SILLYFAVORITE COLOR: BLUE

Page: ......