Forums > Social Chat > Explanation of closed topics...

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I was wondering if there was anyway that the moderators could add a brief explanation of why particular topics are closed. I find it a bit traumatic when topics are closed without explanation.

I have tried to PM moderators to get explanations on why my topics are closed but they refused to answer my PM.

If this HoPs policy, then I'm confused by it's intent.

Since a topic is closed, it's impossible to ask why on that topic, and without any form of communication I find it arbatrary and confusing.

I do understand that the moderators are grossly overworked and underpaid... But even a "Guys, please use PM (topic closed)" is better than just finding that a topic has just been ended.

Many topics which violate the HoP guidelines are allowed to thrive while other topics are stopped mid-conversation.

It would also be great if this topic could be a conversation, and not just locked.

It's not my site, it's not my rules, it's not my job, it's just a suggestion.

Thanks!

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Are you in fact saying that you are some other irritating, mouthy know-it-all from sheffield?

You are, in actuality, not Meteor Dave at all?

Meh

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
ive always found eyes incredibly useful for reading emails as well.... funny that!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
1. My family has been knocked out for 3 weeks with the flu and I have a performance schedule to keep. Malcolm has been ill. Charles has a newborn, a job and a performance schedule to keep.

2. I just went through the first 4 pages in the Social Section and I found one thread that I just closed two seconds ago and one redirect I did before I fell ill. That's it. No other closings.

3. If you want to be informed, empty out your PM box.

4. Many times reasons things are closed are sent to the topic beginner. Alot of "poi-ntless" threads exsist in social because that is what social is for. Other relevant threads are in their proper places and duplicates are closed, unacceptibles are deleted. Sometimes the reasons are not made public for private reasons. If it involves you, you will know, as long as your PM box is empty.

5. Violations are deleted, not just closed, and the beginner is notified. If it exsists currently, it can't be all that bad or we haven't gotten to it yet.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
big hugs to the Fab Four!

take care of yourselves guys!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I already told him all that (except the you being ill bit) Pele.

Meh

Page: