Forums > Social Chat > The "Things that really annoy me" thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
I was at work yesterday and thought of 2 things that annoy me more then anything, and though i would start a thread as a place for ppl to get off there chest what is is that ppl do to them that annoys them more then anything....

I work at a large tool store as a check out chick, and the first thing that really shits me is
- when u put up your "sorry this lane is closed" sign, and it is a big sign, so u cant miss it, and customers come along and see u are serving your last person, look at teh sign, look at you, look at the next lane whih is longer look back at the sign and then skip around it thinking that i wont notice. And then get cranky with me when i tell them to look at the bloody sign

- the other thing that really pushes my annoyance buttons is people who have stood in line for 3-4 minutes, and it is real busy so u are working as fast as u can, but it is only once they get up to u and u process all their products tha they think about get their money out, or deciding which plastic device they wont to use. As if it is that hard to when u are waiting in line with nothing else to do

neway...cheers ppl

goose

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
one more thing.

when i stay at my grans, i eat vegan. the only meant i eat there is in a cornish pasty(WC Rowes is the bestpasty makers in the land, try it), which i cant bring into the house.

its not nieve its a mathematical certainty!!!!

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Small English houses, I hit my head on the door frames though they're very pretty

This cold house and cold work place

My poi strings breaking... how do I stop it? I'm gonna lose one of my poi soon

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
quote:
also, just think about by saying you wont eat this, this and this, you limit your tastebuds BECAUSE you dont eat this, this, and this
True, but then i'm happy to say that not all decisions i make in life are based around whether they directly benefit me or not. With the amount of starving people in the world, whilst i'm eating a varied and balanced diet without death then i reckon i can live without 'daube provencale'

quote:
WC Rowes is the bestpasty makers in the land, try it
If it's all the same with you i think i'll decline.

quote:
My GF is veggie, and i didnt know until a month and a half into the relationship AAAAAGHHHHHH!!!!!
1.5 months? no comment

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
The plural of 'Walrus' being 'Walruses' annoys me.

Because I think 'Walri' is a much nicer word.

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Dirty Marmite SpiderClimbing up my leg
141 posts

Posted:
I'm with Flid on the Veggie/Vegan issue.

L.L - You're saying that not eating certain things limits your taste buds but I don't think that's true, you don't have to eat loads of different food all the time to eat good food that's well prepared and taste nice.

Being Veggie is also sensible health wise. When I became Veggie I lost weight as I stopped eating so much crap (It's not so easy to eat fast food) and i've never heard of anyone getting a life threatening disease from eating a courgette.

Eating meat can disrupt life completely - look at foot and mouth.

(And I do eat meat substitutes but I don't think they look or taste like real meat which is why I eat them. I think they taste like some kind of funny mushroom protein - which is what they are.)

It just seems interesting to me that Veggies having been living healthy lives for years and yet the Atkins diet comes with a warning that you can only do it for a couple of weeks at a time because that much protein is not good for you.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
FLAKES!!!! they are soooo annoying. if you can't keep ur plans....DON'T MAKE THEM!!! or at least freaking call!!

hmmm...what else....controlling girlfriends who don't let you be best friends with their boyfriend even though you might have known the guy for AGES and they've only been dating like a week.

i'm sure there's more but that's my top two right now.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by vanize:
Obstinant inanimate objects

George W Bush

LMAO.....DEFINATELY George W. Bush

and his daddy

and this whole california recall thing

ok so politics in general annoy me

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
well i have PMS at the mo so i could really go to town but i will spare you all the irrational annoyances that come with that!

people who ask "what ya doinin?" when they can blatantly see what your doing!!!

stubbing my toe

little girls - they drive me nuts, all teh squealing ooh which leads me on to

girlie girls!!yes its an insect get over it!! and no the world doesnt revolve around what outfit your gonna wear today!adn if your gonna wear heels dont complain about the pain you bought them and wore them!

and people who complain about how crap their life is then sit back and carry on watching the tv!dont waste my time whinging and do something about it!!!

rude people - iwas at teh beach today and managed to get a shaded table, nehoo went off to get some lunch and when i came back some friends of the people who were sat on the table next to us ahd take over our table... then one of the women turned round and said 'ooh sorry have we encroched on your table' and then turned her abck on me... well the fact that all mine and my sis's stuff is scattered about the place YES! you pompus mutton!! (my sis wouldn't allow me to say this though, which was even more annoying!)

well thats enough, im off to go and do some deep breathing and calm down

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

Necrusmember
113 posts

Posted:
Lies

Metal Rulezzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!

Cerberusmember
23 posts

Posted:
Hmmmm...

-When people realize they are doing something rude, apologize, and continue doing it.

-When people put themselves down and when someone tries to cheer them up they slink into a corner and sulk.

-People who sulk for no reason.

-People who think depression is just something to do, and if you aren't depressed you aren't cool.

-When people refuse to be themselves (Actually that's more sad then anything... not in an insulting way... its just sad)

-People who are racist/prejudice/judgmental
which connects to
-People who won't take me seriously because I am a teenager. ARG I HATE THAT!!!!!!

-When the batteries run out in my diskman
one of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong! Hahaha ^^ well thats my list for now.

~Cerberus~+Something simple+

BigDavmember
175 posts

Posted:
I just remembered the thing that annoys me most in my entire life is Clothes shopping with my fiance.

If I agree to go shopping with my Fiance, and she wants to buy a new coat, for example. We would go into the city and go to a shopping mall. She goes into a shop and sees a coat she likes, says thats nice and then says No maybe not. So we continue on to the next shop, and the next shop, and the next shop, and the next shop, and the next shop, and the next shop etc etc etc.

Then after several hours of shopping, we are on the other side of the city and she says........ Wait for it....... "You know, I really liked that coat in the first shop" AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

So we have to troop all the way back though the city and she buys the coat in the first shop!

Why cant you just buy the coat and go home! I just dont understand this

When i want a new coat, I go into a shop and BUY one. Thats it!

Be Good, and if you DONT be Good, Buy a Pram!

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Cerberus:
-People who won't take me seriously because I am a teenager. ARG I HATE THAT!!!!!!

-When the batteries run out in my diskman

How about people who don't take you seriously cos you referred to your "diskman"?

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I don't want to make my list cos I'll offend people that have already posted on this thread.

and most of you think i'm nice

n stuff.....

Meh

NoveSILVER Member
Unremarkable
277 posts

Posted:
Am I allowed to say being short really annoys me? Because I can't reach the cupboards above my refridgerator without jumping? And new pants always needs hemmed because my legs are too short? And people who come up to me and rest their elbow on my shoulder as if I'm a walking, talking... elbow rest??

*giggle*

Apart from that, I'm pretty easygoing.

Narf- however, bad spelling/grammer annoys me to no end... Stuff like "o how r u. im good 2". Oh! That, and the light in my room. It gets in the way of my glowsticks when I spin in my room... Silly light. *scampers off to take it down*

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I get annoyed by people who back into parking spaces in parking structures, thus backing everything up.

I get annoyed by people who stand in doorways.

I get annoyed by idiot administrators.

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by BigDav:
Why cant you just buy the coat and go home! I just dont understand this

When i want a new coat, I go into a shop and BUY one. Thats it!

Hell ya! I'm agreeing with you on that one man. I'm a chick...Course yall could tell by my login name

Anytime I have to go to the clothes/grocery store I go in, get what I need, and get the hell outa there! I may when looking for certain clothes go to a couple stores located in the mall, but I tend to make a decision after looking at a couple of items. On top of that I don't really go out and "shop". I buy stuff that will last me awhile. People tell me I am very frugle(sp). Not too sure what that means though? Does anybody know what frugle(sp) means in regards to shopping???

Something else that annoys me is girls going to the bathroom to do their business, but go to all efforts to hide it! Turning on the faucet before stepping into the stall doesn't fool anybody!

We are all living things who must get rid of their bodily wastes. It is part of life so just get over yourselves and just go!

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
People who have so many typos that I have to read the post at least 5 times to understand wtf they are saying... grrrrrrrrrrrr

people who think it's cool to be depressed. Depression is a real problem that both me and my fiance (along with anxiety) suffer from.

My cell phone bill (shudder)

My cable/internet bill

spending 2 months job hunting as an IT professional and end up with a interview at Dairy Queen

My guinie pig who thinks it's funney to do full tilt laps around his cage at 6 in the morning when I'm trying to sleep.

having an Economics class when Friends and Scrubs is on.

people who spell the ==> teh

the JAVA programming language. it is beond me how a language that was designed to program coffee machines and microwaves ever became an internet standard.

Which brings me to another issue why the f*ck did they develop high level lang for coffee makers any way. Doesn't assembly do the job just fine? Better yet as punishment for imposing java on the world we should only allow applience programmers to use punch cards and maybe paper tape

i'm rambling again

[ 05. October 2003, 20:24: Message edited by: Frost ]

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Mistress Aurora:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BigDav:
[qb] People tell me I am very frugle(sp). Not too sure what that means though? Does anybody know what frugle(sp) means in regards to shopping???

Frugal means economical - you're a spendthrift, you don't waste money (or possibly other resources, like time) frivolously. ^^

E pluribus unum, baby.

157 posts

Posted:
i don't know about other parts of the troubled world but here in melb there is this new crazy of buying beanies that are far too big for your head, and then taking up the slack in them by making a mini pony tail in them with a rubber band...i don't ge it...if the hat doesn't fit, why buy it?

speaking of clothing that is far to big, skateboarders, with the crutch of their pants around their knees showing the whole world their bare arse or the lastest "fasionable underwear"...it is something that doesn't do it for me early morning as i am trying not to be killed by the crazy ****ers

cheers

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
The pigs stopping you spinning, and probably lying to you about "a local resident calling them up".

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by dj_goose:
speaking of clothing that is far to big, skateboarders, with the crutch of their pants around their knees showing the whole world their bare arse or the lastest "fasionable underwear"...it is something that doesn't do it for me early morning as i am trying not to be killed by the crazy ****ers
Ugh. Fashion trends based on prison clothing annoy me. This includes big pants with no belts, and pants with one leg rolled up to the knee (that's death row fashion... ick!).

E pluribus unum, baby.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
whoever the f&^% decided to abbreviate 'world wide web' with 3 syllables to 'double u double u double u' which has NINE syllables! which d%$#head thought of that one!!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

GrayforthBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
I completely agree with you, but starting an argument about politics is a bad idea...
I work(not live) in like the 3rd richest town in the USA, Montecito... and so many people come in to the store thinking they are better than everyone else... one person that comes in will walk to the front of the line, reach over the cash register, and wave their credit card in my face. If that is not rude and disrespectful, I dont know what is.

In this world of tears, you need a sense of humor.

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
yup that one pisses me right off too

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
yow! I'm afraid I couldn't be in sales because of thinks like what Grayforth just mentioned about the line jumping credit card wavers, because I'd be doing something like grabbing the card and throwing it like a frisbee towards the end of the line, or degmanatizing it, or something else like that. I am often guilty of rather rash displays of this nature.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Fitriamember
97 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by pounce:

hmmm...what else....controlling girlfriends who don't let you be best friends with their boyfriend even though you might have known the guy for AGES and they've only been dating like a week.

My man and I both have friends that we each hate and if he ever stopped me seeing my friend I would be extremely pissed off...that would go vice versa too I believe.

But what REALLY pisses me off would be people that ring me at my job, ask me the same freaking question ten times over, to which I answer no each time. Then they call back five minutes later and ask the same question another five times....WHAT PART OF NO DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND!!!!!

Sorry but that would be my BIGGEST peeve ever.

Love and hugs.

Fitria

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
quote:
Frugal means economical - you're a spendthrift, you don't waste money (or possibly other resources, like time) frivolously. ^^

Thank you regyt

I hate it when people get on power trips and try to make you their biatch!

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

157 posts

Posted:
Missuse of teh word LOVE. It is the one thing that gets to me more then any thing else in this petty world. We watch shitty tv soapies where gets fall IN LOVE 5 times before they reach the age of 15. Call me old fashioned if u will, but love, even the word love, is far to powerful to be kicked around as it is every where we turn

And whether u agree with me or not, young kids these days (and i can't really talk being only 20 myself)get a crush on a partner, are taugh that it is LOVE from people around them, and then really never know that perhaps there is more to it then......then......whatever they think love is.....

i think that it is like mother nature, if u **** with it, it will come back and bit u in the arse one day, andthen ther will be this whole generation of lonley people who know not what it means to really love or be loved by another

cheers

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
too much month at the end of the money

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

Page: