Forums > Social Chat > The "Things that really annoy me" thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
dj_gooseSunburnt Bournda Beach Bum
157 posts

Posted:
I was at work yesterday and thought of 2 things that annoy me more then anything, and though i would start a thread as a place for ppl to get off there chest what is is that ppl do to them that annoys them more then anything....

I work at a large tool store as a check out chick, and the first thing that really shits me is
- when u put up your "sorry this lane is closed" sign, and it is a big sign, so u cant miss it, and customers come along and see u are serving your last person, look at teh sign, look at you, look at the next lane whih is longer look back at the sign and then skip around it thinking that i wont notice. And then get cranky with me when i tell them to look at the bloody sign

- the other thing that really pushes my annoyance buttons is people who have stood in line for 3-4 minutes, and it is real busy so u are working as fast as u can, but it is only once they get up to u and u process all their products tha they think about get their money out, or deciding which plastic device they wont to use. As if it is that hard to when u are waiting in line with nothing else to do

neway...cheers ppl

goose

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
something that gets up my nose is when people sling stones at others for messing up, but conveniently forget they did the same thing a mere month ago.

Currently on the right side up of the world.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
And my list is...

When people put the toilet roll the wrong way around... When people don't change the toilet roll... When people don't use their manners when asking to use your things...When your half way into a really good conversation on the phone... and it cuts out...when people ask "what's wrong?"... and there isn't anything...When I start writing a post and it brings out the worst in me... yes, this is my worst...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
When people refer to Australia as "Oz". It really irritates me.

Having to be all PC on the grounds that someone, somewhere might find something offensive.

Windows XP. 'nuff said.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
I get annoyed when theres a really packed bus or train, and there are 15 year old kids sat down the entire journey when a 70 yr old woman as having to struggle stood up. Respect your elders!

When complete strangers where i work, think they have the right to call me luv, darlin, and feel that its ok to touch me. Friends have already earnt the respect, i dont like strangers treating me like they are your best mate, especially when they are drunk.

People who come up to you in a park with all their teeny mates and say 'show us a trick luv', that sentence really starts to bug me after hearing it a hundred times. Anyway, thats my early morning rant. oooooops hope i dont sound too hostile.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

Captain HazzardBRONZE Member
Ninja (shhhh, don't tell)
420 posts

Posted:
aaaargh! arsn, you've hit my nail on the head! i hate it when i'm feeling fine and dandy and someone says "are you ok?". it makes me think whats wrong, do i look ill? maybe i should get more of a tan so i dont look sick!

another pet peeve is getting up to go to work. i'm sure i was born to be a rich layabout!

I only wanted to be 16... and free

TheSilverShadowBRONZE Member
Uncle Chop Chop
213 posts

Posted:
Only happend once and it was this morning, i wake up get some clean boxers out put them on and get stung on the back of my leg by an unknown force, then two minutes later while i am in lots of pain see the biggest ****in wasp ever appear from know where and try attacking me again. (i am still sat at work in lots of pain)

"Do you know what the Phantom is??"
--------------

157 posts

Posted:
I feel obligated at this point to add one more to my list of annoyances

ppl that say they would do something if only they were given the oppurtunity or if it weren't so hard......

ie....go vegan if it weren't so hard to find the vegan food! it is a moral choice not one of convience!!!!!.....and if u wait to be given oppurtunities u will have a very dull life, and most of them do and then complain about their dull life...WAKE UP!!!!

cheers ppl

Look to the moon, look to the stars, and if you still can't find happyness...find a bar!!!

BigDavmember
175 posts

Posted:
I know this is going to cause a full scaled debate, but this is what really annoys me:

Woman complaining that we (MEN) dont put the toilet seat down.

OK here is my argument: If we, as men have to life the toilet seat to use the toilet, then why should we have to put it back down again. It is only fair, if we have to life it, then woman have to put it back down.

I also believe there is a hygene issue here as well. With the toilet seat sitting down, then dust and germs are more likely to land on the toilet seat, so for your own personal hygene, i recommend that the toilet seat should remain up at all times unless it is une (obviously)

I have discussed this with my fiance, who I live with, and she totally agrees with me. She will put the toilet seat down and I lift it up. Its only fair!

Be Good, and if you DONT be Good, Buy a Pram!

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
a lot of the time i try to be pc, but there are somethings i just cant be so about.

straight edge:
i understand what your saying, but DONT BE SO FUKING ARROGANT ABOUT IT U C*NTS!!! I LOVE HARDCORE JUST AS MUCH AS YOU!!! as if spinning poi automatically means im a raver, punk n hardcore baby, yeah.

vegans and vegetarians:
im sorry, but do you realise how much you limit your taste bud? i dont care what you say, quorn will never be a roast chicken from next door. as for cruelty, i try to find the gbest butchers around who do their own killing and keep it all "free range". If i open my restaurant and some one says "cna i have it a caesar salad without the chicken and anchovies" ill kick them out because no one ****s with my recepies. if you dont like it, dont eat it. sure as hell dont try and change the recepie. just kik me in the nads.

townies:
kids who saw being keen at school as uncool and thus fuked up their lives. no education, no brain no lives. these are the kids who go "show us a trik" in the park, and laff at people who try and insult them. its cuz they cant do any better. PS this is most of the kids at my school.

whiggaz:
white boyz who wanna be gang bangers. not trying to be all cool, but i grew up in hackney (east end of london, one of the worst areas, ask smallboy.)and seeing the kids here at a bording school wishing they was all "west si-eede" makes me wana cry.
no one should go to school and see racism like i saw age 12.

enuf now, im gonna go try learn some wraps.

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
i think it kinda works both ways, the man should put it down leaving it for the woman, and the woman should leave it up for the guy. Respect each other and personal hygiene

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

BigDavmember
175 posts

Posted:
Thank you Astro!

Im glad Ive got one woman behind me on that one!

This is for you...

{{{{{{{{{{SNUGGLEZ}}}}}}}}}}}}}

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Ok when I'm in a hurry and I can't find something and then my bag falls off my shouldar and knocks the glass onto the floor and then the strap of my bag slides down my arm and my staffs get caught trying to walk outside and then the fruitcaking door won't close properly... Why is that sometimes it seems like everything's out to piss you off Maybe someone'll understand what I mean.

Oh and overzealous of the quote buttons on here.
I dunno why, I'm just stupid like that.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by BigDav:

Right on BigDav! I share a house with a lady (in seperate rooms!) and personally I prefer to put everything down after a 'visit'. The seat, lid, the whole lot but she insists on leaving the lid up so I can stare into the bowl when I'm brushing my teeth. But the up/down compromise seems quite a good idea BigDav!

now for other things....

When people say they'll do something for you and don't, but not because they forgot or were to busy, but because they don't give a sh*t! When I've run out of fuel for my Fire Poi and am stuck in the middle of nowhere at 10pm.

Folk shouting "Shamone Mother F*cker" (people outside the UK might not know about this) every 5 minutes in the pub and still thinking it's funny after the 50th time
that'll do for now! THANKS!

Let's relight this forum ubblove

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
I just get really annoyed by the stereotype that says every woman cares about the toilet seat thing. I don't, it seems a lot of the women here don't. Personally I just think it is all a beat up that allows us to whinge about the opposite sex without seeing them as people.

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Dyke Boy (formerly Lesbian Lover):
a lot of the time i try to be pc, but there are somethings i just cant be so about.

vegans and vegetarians:
im sorry, but do you realise how much you limit your taste bud? i dont care what you say, quorn will never be a roast chicken from next door. as for cruelty, i try to find the best butchers around who do their own killing and keep it all "free range". If i open my restaurant and some one says "cna i have it a caesar salad without the chicken and anchovies" ill kick them out because no one ****s with my recepies. if you dont like it, dont eat it. sure as hell dont try and change the recepie. just kik me in the nads.

Omnivores who don't understand Herbivores! None of us are complete Carnivores (apart from the Atkins lot I suppose! ) so give the plant eaters a break. It aint about taste buds or methods of killing. Eating dead flesh is eating dead flesh and some people don't wanna eat dead flesh.
And no I'm not a veggie if that's what you're thinking.

BigDavmember
175 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Rozi:
I just get really annoyed by the stereotype that says every woman cares about the toilet seat thing. I don't, it seems a lot of the women here don't. Personally I just think it is all a beat up that allows us to whinge about the opposite sex without seeing them as people.
Well, the reason why I posted that was because i was at a party last night and there was a huge discussion about the Toilet Seat scenario. One of the girls came into the room and started to complain that the toilet seat was left up, and 5 out of the 6 other girls in the room agreed with her and started B!TCHING about it.

I stepped in and suggested my idea about the comprimise thing and everyone was much happier with that situation.

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
I'm with frostypaw on the "not letting people off the bus/train first" thing. Which DRIVES ME MAD.

This morning's particular insanity was some woman who drove her Lexus into the back of the routemaster(traditional london bus) that I was on, and then overtook the routemaster and stopped it in front (so the bus couldn't go) in order to get out and have a go at the driver. Bus full of people delayed because she was thick.

I think that anyone who laughs at me when I screw up a trick is definitely to go in the list, especially when they're giggly early teenage girls

Most of the younger kids who play with the sock poi, I don't mind so much, because they're a bit better, though one of the ones who lives near where I do, and thus where I practise, has a tendency to always ask "how much were these" about every piece of kit I have.

And currently, of course, I'm absolutely livid about the bloody building site outside my house, and the fact that it's likely to go on for at least a year, and that they have a generator that makes a noise 24h/day, and that they appeared to be about to build a tower crane on site, just what I need to see when I wake up in the morning. They also start moving their lorries around before 7:30, though don't actually start any bashing and banging until 8:00 (on the dot).

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
BigDav, some of us chiqs prefer egalitarian toilet rules.

When I'm visiting a male friend's apartment, I always put the toilet seat up when I'm done, just to be polite.

Oh, and things that annoy me:

Tall people on the trains who reach over my head to hold onto the pole and so condemn me to a commute with my head stuck in their armpit. It's disgusting.

Long days at the office where none of the partners are willing to talk to their clients, so I have to constantly tell these poor saps in jail that even their lawyer refuses to speak with them.

My house is too cold. That annoys me. Brrrrrr.

Days when all I want to do is light a fire (in the fireplace) and mull cider with cinnamon and ginger and dress up in eclectic finery and then curl up and read stories aloud with a group of friend... and I suddenly realize that everyone I know who would want to do that is too far away to join me.

E pluribus unum, baby.

605 posts

Posted:
quote:
i.e. they're too fecking lazy - to be considerate, to make up, to do anything more than get pissed up and laid
Some of us don't even get that.

Luv 'n' Lemons

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by BigDav:
I know this is going to cause a full scaled debate, but this is what really annoys me:

OK here is my argument: If we, as men have to life the toilet seat to use the toilet, then why should we have to put it back down again. It is only fair, if we have to life it, then woman have to put it back down.

I also believe there is a hygene issue here as well. With the toilet seat sitting down, then dust and germs are more likely to land on the toilet seat, so for your own personal hygene, i recommend that the toilet seat should remain up at all times unless it is une (obviously)

I have discussed this with my fiance, who I live with, and she totally agrees with me. She will put the toilet seat down and I lift it up. Its only fair!

I agree with you. When I am over at Dio's place I always made sure to put the toilet seat up after I got through using it. He would do the same for me whenever he was over at my place. He made sure to put the toilet seat down for me. We don't live together so what you and your fiance do is alil opposite of what Dio and I do.

One thing guys need to remember is to make sure they aim for the toilet bowl water. I hate going into bathrooms after some guy has used it and there would be pee outside of the bowl. Or the guys who are way to lazy to even raise the toilet seat up, and so there will be pee sprinkles on it!

Another thing I have observed regarding toilets. I have noticed that people forget to clean underneath the toilet seat. Stuff splashes up there people, so please remember to wash that surface as well when cleaning!
I hate it when people sell you food that they knowingly don't have or run out and so you must substitute something else.

I am really protective of my truck. When people are tailgating me or reving their engines behind me while I am waiting for traffic to clear before I pull out, I get so pissy Or when strangers put my tailgate down and sit on the tailgate of my truck. Especially when they don't put it back up

Tourists that visit our uni. Dio's place is on the tour. People if the bedroom doors are shut, leave them shut! Most of yall weren't raised in a barn. Another thing I don't like about tourists is that they ask some of the dumbest questions that are so blatantly(sp) obvious. Like when a woman asked "oh what are behind those" referring to the guy's curtains that were hanging over the windows in the living room. I'm gonna say "windows?"

Man hope this doesn't make me sound angry or anything

[ 03. October 2003, 03:38: Message edited by: Mistress Aurora ]

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
OK in the vain of the toilet seat thing....

One thing I hate most is....BAD BATHROOM HYGIENE!

Why do some people insist on never cleaning the place you spend most time washing of dirt, peeing and crapping! The only worse thing is a kitchen that is so dirty you don't even wanna make a cup of tea in it and you stick to the floor! ugh

1,079 posts

Posted:
I concure on the bathroom hygene issue but i one thihng i loath more is BAD KITCHENS!!!

yes i love food deeply witha passion, and OMG how do peeps allow their kitchen to degenrate? even if you cant be arsed to do the washing now at least empty the left overs and soak the pots!!!

i was in one of the girls houses at school (behaving) and their kitchen was worse then ours!
there was brread crusts on the floor, bit of bacon on the counter, drty washing piled and over flowing, it fukin orrible!

oh and why shamone mutha fooka??? WHY!!!

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Obstinant inanimate objects

people who answering their cell phone and then keep talking while you are at dinner together.

George W Bush

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
right

FRICKING DRINKING NOISES... that drives me bananas

when people say they are gunna do something and they dont.... GRRRRRRRR

other than that...
I have no problem withe the toilet seat being left up... I concern myself with more important stuff...

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Riamember
114 posts

Posted:
I wanted to say sorry for using the term Oz in reference to Australia i was'nt aware it offended
but them again is'nt that classed as having to be PC? hmmmmmmmm
As for the rest:
Calm down everyone! have a spliff or something Lifes too short to be so stressed!

157 posts

Posted:
oh oh oh...and when i sit next to my brother when we are eating and he dead set sounds like......well i don't know what he sounds like...there is a lot of growning and it is enough to put me off my food, which is a really scary thought coz i love food....but it is ****ing aweful

cheers

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
This should also be called, for aussies, the "what cheeses me off" section

borders
homelessness
money
status
intolerance
nuclear madness

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
quote:
vegans and vegetarians:
im sorry, but do you realise how much you limit your taste bud?
i disagree. In the 18 years i was non vegetarian my diet was confined mainly to about 15 different meals 99% of the time. The average person in this country doesn't experience what the world has to offer because they are so obsessed with having meat/cheese as the main component of their meals. Even food recipes imported from other countries are modified for western palettes, in some cases made up altogether (ie many of the curries sold in the UK) to taste basically like the stuff we already eat. Vegetarian sections of supermarkets are full of products based around cheese, which just all ends up tasting the same and drowning out other flavours. When you have a limitted diet is when you really put effort into discovering what is out there, because you are forced to prepare all food yourself. There's thousands of base ingrediants, vegans can eat 3 less than vegetarians (milk, honey, eggs, which when not used as the main ingrediant can generally be easily susbstitued because they are there to perform a function (ie eggs as a binding agent), and are in the recipe purely because they are the ones which people already have in their cupboards) and a few animals that non vegetarians have (most people don't eat more than chicken, pork, beef, lamb, the occassional turkey). It's only since i've been vegan that i've discovered that the main source of taste in recipes/meals that i used to eat came from the vegetable/herb/spice components of them. Most sauces, ie stragonoff can be made with virtually identical taste without animal products. Meat substitutes exist mainly for people transitioning from meat eating diets, as most people who grow up non vegetarian are used to the taste of meat and are obsessed with it. I've yet to taste a meat substitute that tastes the same as meat, and vegan 'cheese' is just absolutely grim. But then few people who are dedicated vegetarians/vegans claim that they do taste like the non vegetarian version, most are too grossed by the concept of eating flesh to want a lookalike. Saying that vegans taste buds are extremely limitted is just plain nieve.

quote:
i try to find the gbest butchers around who do their own killing and keep it all "free range
why bother? If you care enough to want free range stuff only then you should cook/prepare all food yourself. The vast majority of processed/pre prepared food available is not, unless labelled as (it costs more, so profit margins are less unless it's a selling factor). If your diet is anything like mine was, and that of friends and the people i live with (who are almost all non vegetarian), then the meat that comes whole from a butchers/supermarket is only a small fraction of the amount of animal products you consume.

605 posts

Posted:
I have another one to add to this lot (I'm not going to get involved in the vegan/vegetarian debate). I have a circle of friends who are mostly polyamorous. They're generally unaware of anything outside their little world, and the relationships within the group seem to be getting more complicated by the day. I went to a party the other day and although it was a compliment to me for the hostess to say that my spinning fire was the highlight of the party for her, it doesn't say a lot about the party. At one point, there was a 3-way (shouty) argument between 3 people who are all "going out with" each other. This is not appropriate in this situation. It's also causing other people that used not to be in relationships to have become much less sociable, because they need to spend so much time with each of n partners in order to make sure they're not neglecting any of them. Life's too short! Argh!

Luv 'n' Lemons

1,079 posts

Posted:
flid-san you have me all rong. i try to make everything myself from scratch, including blending tomatos for sauce and attempting to make stock.

its just a bit difficult owning an entire free range farm when you go to school and live in central london.
Also the east end is full of fantastic butchers who sell at dead cheap.
ALSO im not very average when it comes to food. a burger isnt my idea of a good meal, daube provencale with boiled AND mashed potatoes is.
YUM YUM

also, just think about by saying you wont eat this, this and this, you limit your tastebuds BECAUSE you dont eat this, this, and this.

My GF is veggie, and i didnt know until a month and a half into the relationship AAAAAGHHHHHH!!!!!

D.B.
X x X x X

Page: