Forums > Social Chat > The OFFICIAL Home of Poi Rollcall

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
With the continuing influx of new people (Big firey welcome to you all!) I guess it makes a lot of sense for us to have an official "getting to know you" type thread. smile Elders and Newbies alike, enter your details here and feel free to use/modify/disregard the format below:Name: flash fire (Sarah)Sex: female (remember, all possible smart responses to this question have already been done!)Age: 23Location: Sydney AustraliaURL: https://wickeffect.cjb.net/Toys:
all fire staff/double staff/double crossesBeen twirling for: about 4 yearsOccupation: corporate lackieHobbies other than obvious: reading, skiing, travelling, doofing, cruising in my Jeep!Favourite Colour: red Most viewed Movie: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory or The Doors.Favourite Quote/Saying: an ye harm none do as thou wilt.Best twirling related moment in life so far: I will have to think long and hard to answer.So, post away kiddies! and feel free to occasionally bump this thread to keep it at the top.flash------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 29 June 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

fire junkiemember
4 posts

Posted:
name: Brendon, aka. Bronnosex: male Age: 17, geminiwhere: Australia, NSWWhat do i play with: single staffHow long: about 2 weeksJob: none, im at high schoolHobbies, other than obvious: reading, Singing, partying, guitar and chillin'Favourite colour: Blue/greenfavourtie movie: Almost FamousFavourtie book(s): Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy trilogy (in five parts)Best quote: "Ford, you're turning into a penguin, Stop it!" - Hitchhikers guide to the galaxyBest twirling moment: first time i lit up, at a friends birthday party, a couple of people had their fire staves and some glowpoi, it was one of the funniest nights ever! I have video to prove it!Parting messgae: Flame On!!

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
NAME: Dibs (birth name: Helen - yuk!)AGE: 19 (Aquarian)LOCATION: Edinburgh, ScotlandEMAIL: dibs_star@hotmail.comTOYS: Fire/Ribbon PoiBeen twirling for about 12 monthsOCCUPATION: Drama School StudentHOBBIES: Capoeira, Yoga, Thai Chi - I like bending - anything to do with Water. Dancing, wearing fluff and many many other things.COLOUR: BlueMOVIE: 'The Piano', 'Dancer in the Dark'QUOTE: 1) "When we can beging with the simplicity of enjoying life, of understanding, of sppreciating - then, and only then, can we make a profound difference in our own existence and in the existence around us."2)"When every single breath becomes important, when every single moment means something to you, then there is no sorrow or regret. There is just a human being that has been dusted off, and all that exists is clarity."Thats me guys!!

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

dibs_starmember
603 posts

Posted:
Oh, and I'm Female. Or atleast I was last time I checked.

Can miles truly separate us from friends? If we want to be with someone we love aren't we already there? If there is someone willing to show, and there is someone willing to see; magic happens. This is whem humans are alive. This is when the wingless fly.

fire dawnmember
1 post

Posted:
name: dawnAge: 15Location: south west england (exeter)Toys: poi an im gonna lern contact juggleing :0)Favorate colour: blackBest twirling moment: when i first lit em a few weeks backbin twirlin for a few monthsFavorate saying: its not me thats weard its everyone elce

Soularmember
7 posts

Posted:
Name: Soular(Ryan)Sex: MaleAge: 23 (Capricorn)Location: Norman, OklahomaToys: practice/fire poiPlaying with poi since november 2001Occupation: professional studentIntrests:fire of course, computers(OCing), gaming, snowboarding no mountians here though frown ,watching college sports, reading, dancing, digital music, roadtrips, and everything else.Favourite Color: any shade of blue, and gray Favorite Movie: so many to choose fromFavorite song at the moment of this post: Riva, StringerFavorite Book: The Fountainhead------------------And beauty is not a need but an ecstasy. It is not a mouth thirsting nor an empty hand stretched forth, but rather a heart INFLAMED and a soul enchanted.It is not the image you would see nor the song you would hear, but rather an image you see though you close youreyes, and a song you hear though you shut your ears. -Kahlil Gibran[This message has been edited by Soular (edited 28 March 2002).]

And beauty is not a need but an ecstasy. It is not a mouth thirsting nor an empty hand stretched forth, but rather a heart inflamed and a soul enchanted.It is not the image you would see nor the song you would hear, but rather an image you see though you close youreyes, and a song you hear though you shut your ears. -Kahlil Gibran

awestruckmember
1 post

Posted:
Name: Jeff (no nick name as of yet)Sex: MaleAge: 26Location: Seattle WashingtonToys: Fire Poi/glow sticks/soon staffBeen twirling for: 10 monthsHobbies other than obvious!:up for anythingFavourite Colour: BlueMost viewed Movie: Seven/TOOL DVDFavourite Quote/Saying: Life feeds on life, feeds on life, feeds on life! ~Rev.Maynard~Best twirling related moment in life so far: Every time I pick up the strings![This message has been edited by awestruck (edited 28 March 2002).]

Tobster85member
4 posts

Posted:
Name: Tobster (Toby) - Tobs for shortSex: maleAge: 16Location: Georgia, USAToys: glowsticks so far...Been glowstck dancing for: about 2 yearsOccupation: StudentHobbies other than obvious: reading, skiing, travelling, doofing, cruising in my Chevy!Favourite Colour: green Most viewed Movie: The MatrixFavourite Quote/Saying: Click here for them. Best twirling related moment in life so far: Everytime I go out and triwl my sticks tongueAIM: tpjr11ICQ: 53329270Email: woot@comcast.net

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
thankyou tobster58 that was most enjoyable.

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
Heyla all.Name: Kim BushLocal: San Antonio Texas, USAFave Colors: Black, Silver, Red and GreenHobbies: Spinning, Dancing, High Fantasy Society, and SCASex: FemaleAge: 17FAve Animals: Cats, and SnakesOccupation: StudentSkills: Dancing, Poi, Sword, Staff and Bow fighting, MArtial Arts, Writing, Flute and Hand Drums.Ashia[This message has been edited by Ashia BlackHawk (edited 29 March 2002).]

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters

Aunty Gravitymember
2 posts

Posted:
Name: MaddySex: femaleAge: 24Location: Leeds, EnglandToys: Homemade practise poi (ouch), Newly purchased Kiwido (much kinder on the head)Been twirling for: about 1 month, when I get the timeOccupation: Through the week I work for the government (sounds a bit cooler than "Civil Servant"), at weekends I'm a Bar Supervisor in a nightclub (ooh the power)Hobbies other than obvious: I have two jobs, not much time for hobbiesFavourite Colour: pastely colours (but not yellow) Favourite Quote/Saying: "Oh, It's all gone pearshaped" or, "Muppet!" tongue[This message has been edited by maddy (edited 30 March 2002).]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Which nightclub?

Meh

Aunty Gravitymember
2 posts

Posted:
Evolution. Know it?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Heard of it.More of a Arches in Sheffield kinda guy myself (as are several others round here too).

Meh

Paddyback from the dead...sort of
884 posts

Posted:
A little late with this, but better late than never...Name: Paddy SpearSex: maleAge:19Sign: CancerLocation: Kingston, ON, Canada (school year) and Aurora, ON, Canada (summer).URL: n/a!Toys: glowsticks, tennisball poi, really bad homemade streamer poi, and firepoi.Been twirling for: 5 months.Occupation: trying to find one! best do that soon or I'm screwed for next year.Hobbies other than obvious: 3D animation, making electronic muzak, treehouse building.Favourite Colour: green, silver, gray.Favorite food: salmon!Favorite book: my collection of short stories by HP Lovecraft.Favorite album: selected ambient works v2 by aphex twin.Most viewed Movie: The abyssFavourite Quote/Saying: "I'm a fan of..."Ex. "Would you like fries with that?" "Yes please, I'm a fan of the french fries."It's stupid and I don't know where I got it from but god knows I can't stop saying it.Best twirling related moment in life so far: being filmed at a rave for a video the rave promoter was making. apparently after 4 months I was good enough for that! smile

poipixiemember
53 posts

Posted:
hey there everybody,ive been visiting HOP for awhile now but i figure its about time i actually got round to registering so here i am. grinName: SamSex: FemaleLocation: the land down underSign: TaurusBeen Twirling for: a couple of months but not as often as i'd like. Toys: fire poi. poi is were my passion lies but i definitely want to be at least competent at staff etc. Fave colour: PurpleBest Twirling related moment in life so far: definitely when i got the BTB weave; it took a few hours and more than a few bruises (..i really should invest in some of those practice pois) but it was the most amazing and rewarding thing.ok, well that was fun, and im no longer a HOP virgin... makes my life worth living :P------------------Earth my body, water my blood, air my breath and fire my spirit.

--*SaM*--

*Spinstar*member
6 posts

Posted:
Full Name: Spinstar the Spinster (you can call me Sarah)Age:20 Sex:FemFrom:Kansas City,Missouri,United StatesE-Mail: Spinstar_x@hotmail.com(Jez,I hope no one gets there info stolen off of this sight)Toys:a love for all things poi and I am going to learn juggling too!Time Spent: Lots! I had to teach myself!Hobbies other than the obvious:Traveling, being artisticly absurd and thoughtful, sailing!,anything outdoors.Job:Hostess,Desk Agent at a HotelWhat I really wanna do:Backpack for a few years around America then Europe so I can calm down and get a couple of degrees.

crescent blazemember
7 posts

Posted:
name: zacsex: maleage: 20astrology: cancer sun, virgo rising, aries moonlocation: eugene, oregonoccupation: hardwood floor installer/refinishertoys: 4' and 6' stavesother interests: frisbee, massage, laying stoned in the sun, reading about how i can contribute to helping free people from the laws inhibiting their freedom set about by our unjust dominator culturefavorite color: green green greenfavorite movies: easy rider and alice in wonderlandfavorite bands: led zeppelin and toolfavorite website: HOME OF POI!!! this place is almost too cool for its own good------------------"...the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles" -Kerouac

...the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles -Kerouac

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
I may aswell do this hey!!!Name: TroyAge: 18Sex: MaleLocation: Melbourne, AustraliaToys: Whips, leath... I mean Stick, Fire poi's and Double glow pois.Been twirling for: ... about three months...Occupation: next question...Hobbies other than obvious: ummm... hanging with and finding new friends... writing poems...Quote: What tha??? (thanks Rove)Best twirl'in moment: Braken my ankle with my stick... I've never been able to top that one!!!E-mail me... dragonsstair@hotmail.com

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
*bump*

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
this is a pretty fun name game!

Name: Elke

Star sign: Leo

Favourite toys: My Little Pony, skipping rope, hoola hoop. . . oh you mean now Staff, double sticks, pixie sticks, poi (comet & fire), stilts, drum, kalimba, shakers, Zills . . . to many to mention everything! I love to play! (I still injoy skipping and hoola hoops too)

Been Twirling since:1995

What else I do for fun: Dance, (Belly Dance and free form) make music, fairyish things, walk in the rain forest, create, fairy/creature doll making, surround myself with beautiful people, sit and just be. . .

Favorite Colour: I love them all!

Favorite Movie: The Dark Crystal

Magick Twirling Moment: There's too many of them!

Funny Twirling Moment: when I was trying this two person thing with this guy and I hit him in the head.. . and then we started going out (we're not going out anymore)

Where & When: Moon Fest, each full moon, at shorncliffe Beach (northside of Brizzy) Come Play!

https://communities.msn.com/moonfest

Please Note: When I use it's a cheeky pixie kind of not a mean sort of in your face kind of (just thought I'd clear that up)

[ 12 April 2002, 11:29: Message edited by: Moon Pixie ]

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

1,903 posts

Posted:
I love love love Dark Crystal, to all of haven't seen it... DO!!!... and just in case... it's done only with puppets... just in case thats not you cup of tea... you might like coffee for all I know???

1,903 posts

Posted:
I love love love Dark Crystal, to all of haven't seen it... DO!!!... and just in case... it's done only with puppets... just in case thats not you cup of tea... you might like coffee for all I know???

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oh, is that who you are Moon Pixie. I was wondering. I've got a book written by you . I recommend it to everyone. I've actually given my copy to my young lady now....

Meh

regulaemember
23 posts

Posted:
hey all, been lurking for a while and now the time to post!!!

Name: regulae, floy3d, meneaito, Alon
sex: M
shampoo: Herbal Escenses
toothpaste: colgate
boxers or briefs: boxers
i do eat the entire broccoli
hobbies: writing, reading, cooking
toys: poi, about to start with fire next week!!!
been twirling for 7 months
best poi moment: two actually...when just started i took my comet poi to a club and too people ask me to borrow it, whe i looked at them i said"wow theyre great!!" and afterwards they asked me to teach them the other one recently on the beach (live in the mountains dont go to the beach often) i was asked to twirl be a complete stranger "so they can see something interesting" i am very humble.., dont like to say im a good spinner and i get really flatered when someone says it to me.

peace

Alon

Traceredmember
71 posts

Posted:
Name: Tracered (Reed)

Sex: male

URL:
https://www.willamette.edu/~ckeil[/URL]

Toys: Fire poi / flags / contemplating some long staff

Been twirling for: 7 months, now part of a 10 person troupe in Salem

Hobbies other than obvious: reading, writing techno (on my Roland MC-505), raving, camping, hiking, the opposite sex

Favourite Colour: green (like my flames!)

Most viewed Movie: Spaceballs, or Monty Python and the search for the holy grail

Favourite Quote/Saying: Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.-- AlbertEinstein

Best twirling related moment in life so far: Either the first time I lit my poi, or spinning with 11 other people on the beach and finally nailing the 5 beat weave on film at the same time.

Email: heilkeil@hotmail.com

[ 10 April 2002, 06:21: Message edited by: Tracered ]

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind - Mahatma Gandhi

Traceredmember
71 posts

Posted:
Wow, its a small world, regulae. Well, and the fact that Quito is a pretty big city. My roomate at school is from Quito as well. I have been trying to geet him to start spinning fire with me, but he doesn't think he could learn. Guess you can't force a man, though.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind - Mahatma Gandhi

Fairy Ladymember
63 posts

Posted:
Name: Molly
Sex: Female
Toys: poi
I have been spinning for about three months now
Hobbies: reading, belly dancing, sewing, causeing a rukus
Favourite Colour: green
I saw a now friend twirl fire in september and in Jan another showed up with poi she had been doin for 12 years the next day i found your web site and have been on 2-3 times a day since then. you guys are so helpful and extremely funny at times too.
Email: fairy_wing@hotmail.com

regulaemember
23 posts

Posted:
its so fun to find connections!! it wouldnt surprie me i know ur roommate tracered...ar at least someone related to him...quito isnt that big, and people here often are all connected in some way or another.

(starts singing "its a small world after all")

Alon

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I'll just bump this for the newbies...

Meh

Spacemember
63 posts

Posted:
Alright, here we go:

Name: Stacey aka *Space*
Sex: Female
Sign: GEMINI!!!
Toys: Glowsticks, soon fire!
Been twirling for: about 2 months
Hobbies other than the obvious: dance and soccer (before I broke and they made me stop), stained glass, buildings, raves, giving massages
Fav colour: Purple
Fav book: Atlas Shrugged
Fav twirling moment: I started cuz I went to a rave with this guy. Later in the night, he pulled out the glowsticks, put strings on them and twirled. I thought it was awesome, so I went home, found this site and learned. At the next rave we went to he pulled them out and I asked 'if I could try'...The look on his face when he saw me do them was priceless!!!
Fav Quote: "the number of years you've been on this earth has nothing to do with your age". and..."we never had to take any of it seriously did we? -Atlas Shrugged"

We risk sanity for moments of temporary enlightenment, each thought overcome by anticipation of the next, we take the breaks off

Page: ...