Forums > Social Chat > what ever happened to the hop gathering?

Login/Join to Participate

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
Wasnt there one planned for 04 in new zealand? if so when is it gunna be confirmed as all the go? I reckon I have to arrange time off work to get there and arsn will be the same...I havent heard anything about this for sooooo long.... [Confused]

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
FEburary some time isn't it ?.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Malcolm,

what about getting the Hop'ers to sign an indemnity(sp?) form. This should legally remove all responsibility from yourself, as your entering into a written contract stating participants are responsible for their own actions and saftey.

I know doing even vaugley dangerous events over here these are almost always required, just to ensure no-one sues the organisers because they sprained and ankle etc. etc.

You could probably arrange it so you can have the form on this site, and people can sign before they travel.

Just a thought tho.

PsyB.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
Wow, a place with more legal issues than the States. How odd. I didn't think that was possible.

I have no idea if the same kind of liability would apply in NZ, but perhaps you could contact someone at the Burningman project and see how they manage it. With 30,000 complete freaks going completely ape there every year, there are always a few casualties, and they don't seem to have a problem for some reason.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
the idea of me going to these events never even goes through my head, plane ticket to australia would probibly run me $1200cdn roundtrip, atleast...

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
that may be the case DD but there are also many other people who would be really into this type of thing.

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

Insanitymember
22 posts

Posted:
I'd be in the same boat as Dark on the fundage situation. No cash equals a whole lot of no plane tickets. But for anyone who can afford the stuff, my praise goes out to you all. Also the whole being 17 thing doesn't help a whole lot either... I'm a total n00b here too.. but I just thought I should throw in my 2 sence worth on this one.

A feeling that sears my soul,One that burns my mindIt grips my heartAnd breaks my bodyNot madnessOr fearBut one of warmthFor my essenceHas been preservedWithin the golden sanctionOf your heartInsanityDarkness Embrace

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
some of us have been looking forward to an international gathering for several years nowit's in New Zealand not Australia. Not much difference when you come from Nova Scotia but a whole different country in the real world.....

Meh

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
oh, definately C@ntus, i understand.. but i just wish i lived over in that general area... After university perhaps i'll get to move down there with my lover. But as for now i don't think flying down will be an option.. i priced it at over 3000 canadian dollars just a few minutes ago

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
i wish i could come!!!! but the whole 17yr-old-at-college-without-job thing is kinda stopping me.

i think my idea is a lot cheaper!!!

https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=006305
chek it out

tho in fairness id rather go to NZ, this is nxt best thing

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
le bumpe bumpe,
le meow, meoarw!
:keeps flame alive:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
It's dead in the water i don't think it will ever happen at the moment.

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Playing Mind games yet ? umm

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
like Telepathic snap?

or Telekinetic snakes and ladders?

Those sort of mind games?

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Quote:

some of us have been looking forward to an international gathering for several years now

I know I have! I would get on a plain in a heart beat to see my friends in NZ, and Astralia.... But it's getting to be fall there isn't it? I don't know if we want to do this in the winter there... Although I hear the winters can be Mild.... I would rather visit in the summer, maby sometime in November or December. My Christmas gift to Myself!!

Could we do it in the Desert like at Burnning Man? Do you all have BLM land... owned by the people, for the people? We could wait a year till 05' till it all settles down too...

Anyway, I wouuld Love to come down and Play!!

~Fire Spirit

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

joulzenlightened
187 posts

Posted:
like the post int he other thread that that guy gave us a link to, it would be best it hink for everyone to get togehter in the city closest to them in each continent cus umm flying oversea like umm reallly far with the money i dont have would be cool but not dooable umm

it must be green

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
yeah but joulz this thread is about the international hop gathering which as c@ntus said heaps of people have been waiting for, for a loooonnnngggg time...the national deal has already been done... this is an old thread that has been bumped by the beoootiful bender

Quote:

It's dead in the water i don't think it will ever happen at the moment

oh wow puk. That makes me really sad... there is a way around everything if you look at it in a positive light. You have said that yourself. confused

I think that we should really get the hoppers interested to have their say here in the thread and then prehaps ask us all to sign the waver form... Im more than happy to if I get to meet all my lovies... BTW what happened with the case malcolm??
hug

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
i have two positions on this topic....

position 1: looking out to sea. Yay! thats such a good idea, i was wondering what happened to it myself.... id shure love to gettogether for a fire only convention, ye ha! bring on the dancing goats.

Position 2: Bent over. I hope this dosnt happen, purly because i know i wont be able to go and ill be right annoyed.

T ubblol

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
Valura im just annoyed with it cause every six months it comes up and we say it would be great .

Sorry for been very silly in this thread as well ubbloco

we need a date to work towards eg januray 2005

Something

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Step 1. bump to generate more discussion. more discussion generates more interest. This involves collecting underpants.
Step 3. Profit! more interest is requried for any action to be taken.

I am wearing.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
I'm still up for it, as I have been for the past couple of years. If it's happening in a couple of years time (06 or 07), I might even be over there at the time anyway biggrin. Kind of glad it didn't happen earlier this year, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to go, having just passed through and not being able to afford to backtrack.

Still hoping
J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.