Forums > Social Chat > HOP day!!! READ ME! READ ME! READ ME!

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
I HAVE A FAT IDEA!!!!

AND IM TALKING PH FAT!!!

hows about in certain locations around the world, like one city per continent (London, Melbourne, Washington DC etcf whatever) all HOPers meet up and have a big convention at their nearest city, and all the conventions are on the same day!

it could be HOP day!!!

and we could film it, and put the best spinners from each con on a video!!!

it could be done with some organisation, it could be fantastic, and everyone will buy the vid to see if theyre on it!!!

waddyoo think????

telll meeee!!!!!!!!!!

(i had pancakes for brekkie, suga makes me hypa!)

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

XanathBRONZE Member
67 posts

Posted:
YEAH>>>Home of poi day!!!

Power percieved is power achieved.

BigDavmember
175 posts

Posted:
We need somewhere in Ireland???

How about Derry? Everybody could come and crash at my new house!

We have a big park only 15 minutes away

Be Good, and if you DONT be Good, Buy a Pram!

Kittytheravequeenmember
285 posts

Posted:
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooow wot a ****ing ace idea

*bows down in worship*

i'll draw you a picture ill draw it with a twist ill draw it with a razorblade ill draw it on my wrist and if i do it right a red fountain will appear washing away my sorrow washing away my fear

RixatrixBRONZE Member
paranoid of gov't conspiracies
217 posts

Posted:
Has anyone decided what places in the US they will be held? I'd love to go but right now i'm at a prison college so i need to know where to see if i can leave for awhile unless i could just go home permanently yeah!~

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i say denver!!!! LOL selfish me

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Sic Kittymember
167 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by firekitty:
that would be awsome! and D.C. would be great to have it for the US (at least for me since i'm near there or baltimore) and the US could have more than one place since there are a few major places people are but that's a great idea! i would buy a tape of that!~
Yup yup I'm down wit dat! Seeing as how I'm located in the same general area. This is the best idea ever....

You've just been attacked by:
SIC KITTY!
*cackles maniacally*
I suffer...*sob*...because I am better.

I don't really believe that.... *coughs*

1,079 posts

Posted:
HOkay i hav emailed the gream malcomish one and 'e sez dat wees ave to organse something sharpish but he believes dere iznt enuf time to geta big fing together for the end of this month, so he won't send a blanket email to all HOPers warning them about it.

OK places.
As a random guess for US id say Halifax (canada), DC for NE, LA or Houston TX for SW, possibly Atlanta or Tallahassee for SE and Salem or Olympia for NW.
Can u tell i just looked at a map of US and guessed names???

UK has to be London, its easier for mass of people to travel to and bak again, seeing as transport system radiates from our beloved capital.

Er, Welington for NZ
Sydney or Melboure for Oz (yes no that annoys u, heehee )
hows about Munich for Germany and Paris for france. Do we have any HOP reps from there???
can we jst say london for europe or is that a bit arrogant???

anywhere we left out?

PS Valura, its not sugar, its parrafin...

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

1,079 posts

Posted:
hey cummon, i put thought into this, read it!!!

i think 26th is too soon so we shall hav to organise it for sometime next year, any suggestions as to when???

D.B.
X x X x X

Thornmember
52 posts

Posted:
For North America, I think the location should be fairly central, say, Minneapolis! Specifically, the Radission South in Bloomington - minutes from the international airport, and they're used to handling big, semi out of control conventions.

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
well your ideas sound good but i don't know if i can personally make it up to salem or olympia. you know, though, (ahem, selfish thought once again ....teehee) who wouldn't want to double the fun of the trip for the west coast and make the meeeting place las vegas. woo-hoo!!! plus we have such nice desert area to spin in and i'd be MORE than happy to show everyone the great clubs to go to

just my thoughts

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Sic Kittymember
167 posts

Posted:
I def think DC is good...It's the capitol come on!! lol But yeah...I'd be willing to help organize it over here (meaning on the East Coast)...if I had a little help. As for a good day, we could still make it Oct 26, just next year. Then we'd have plenty of time to situate this stuff! Or...do it sometime in the spring.

You've just been attacked by:
SIC KITTY!
*cackles maniacally*
I suffer...*sob*...because I am better.

I don't really believe that.... *coughs*

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
well as long as were on th subject my vote for north america or just canada or eastern canada is halifax

some will understand. -buddah

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
London's great but train services on sundays are a bugger! Plus I'll be alone and alone, female and london don't mix! Anyway, enough moaning, I'll try to organise a round up of spinning friends and bring them down. Whereabouts in London? And who's bringing the video camera?

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

Briggymember
18 posts

Posted:
RARR Bril idea guys, Wiltshire lad meself, ill be well up for a bit of spinnin In london on the 28th.
and dont you worry 'Gottaloveit', who would dare confront the valiant armies of HOP haha

Cagemember
174 posts

Posted:
For the midwest, I think Detroit would be an awesome place! It's the day after Theatre Bizarre (the most magical ball of the year, also a pyro's delight) so even Lucifire from Ireland will be here. There's plenty of places and it's very centrally located.

That's just my $.02.

peace & luv,

the caged one

ps check out Theatre Bizarre

Without further guilding the lily and with no more ado, I bid you farewell and sweet dreams...

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
Is it on the 28th or 26th? I can get the 28th off and spend the whole day in london!

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

1,079 posts

Posted:
hey guys, its 26th, but i think we are gonna have to put this thing together for next year, 5th anniversary is bigger then 4th, plus its a lot bigger then i thought it would be!!!

AAAGHHH!!!!!

scary stuff! but tell more HoPers about it! and if ur reading this and havnt posted here, do so!

also, Smallboy shud be the cameraman for London.
though anyone else wanna stab at the camera work for their area?

as for lone women in London, that rule only applies to the silly ones who go down dark alleys at 1am, no respectable HoPer would do that would they???

D.B.
X x X x X

ZejBRONZE Member
34 posts

Posted:
My vote - being a college undergrad with no car and being restrained to subways for the msot part - is DC for the east coast. Hell, this could be a little bit of a stretch but I would be up for talking to the Student Activities people over here seeing if the university would maybe even let us use some of their property for it. Who knows. If anyone in the DC area wants to drop me a line, go right ahead.

~Zej

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
For anyone who is in close proximity to Halifax, NS, we are having our own little hop day gathering... theres a thread in the events forum.. I just noticed i didn't mention it in here.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

chestamember
6 posts

Posted:
sound idea , i may have to cross the southern boarder and get my northen self down there,.. cant wait
leg over and out x

1,079 posts

Posted:
has anyone in the US got anything organised???

can anyone tell me whats going on???

D.B.
X x X x X

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Did this ever happen in the end?

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

Mr MajestikSILVER Member
coming to a country near you
4,696 posts

Posted:
i believe non.

"but have you considered there is more to life than your eyelids?"

jointly owned by Fire_Spinning_Angel and Blu_Valley

T-S-ASILVER Member
Magic Monkey Juice
252 posts

Posted:
Shame... Would be good fun

"We were making castles in the sand: Now we swim in the seas that swept them away"

Page: