psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
There's alot of mention of UV lights, however, those suckers are expensive a the only place I've been able to fond them, Edmond Scientific. Where do you guys get yours, or do you just use the regular hardwqare store "black lights" the thing that made me think of this was the ne body paint Malcom sells. Any ideas?-PSM

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hi Psm,We use the standard black lights you buy from the hardware store. (Although we have found a lighting supplier that does them cheaper) We normally pay about $32 AUD ($15 US) for the tube and about that much again for the baton you need to hold the tube. Intially we were a little worried about installing them in our homes due to the Skin Cancer thing, but after researching a few scientific journals my Girlfriend found that the UV light which comes out of the Fluroescent tubes is not the same type as that which gives you skin cancer. So now we can happily UV twirl in our living room at night... I personally think UV twirling is better than Fire twirling, because of the sooty deposits Fire twirling equip leave everywhere :) Cant wait to make me some UV flags!Happy Poiing,Josh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Hey Psycho smileHere in the US you can buy both the black lights and the black light body paint at Spencers Novelty Stores in the mall. It's where we get all our fun stuff. It's not expensive at all ($10 black light, $6 paint set). You can also get the UV lights from pet stores since they are used for some reptiles and at plant shops because they are sold for indoor greenhouses (which I have both), though they are more pricey than the black lights.Hope this helps.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

psychomonkeymember
148 posts

Posted:
This: https://www.edmundscientific.com/Products/DisplayProduct.cfm?productid=1853
is what I've always known as UV light. I just didn't know if I should use that or my blacklight for better tracers. Thaks though. (Pele- thanks for the tip on the body paint wink ) I swear the search phrases this board must contain.-PSM[This message has been edited by psychomonkey (edited 14 January 2001).]

One can only see what one observes, and one observes only things which are already in the mind.-Alphonse Bertillon

JauntyJamesSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,533 posts

Posted:
spencers rocks, i've gotten so much fun stuff from there...

-James

"How do you know if you're happy or sad without a mask? Or angry? Or ready for dessert?"

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I got mine from a spencers gifts in ENgland.

You should be able to buy them online, and they arent that expensive.