Forums > Social Chat > Spotlight one or quiet one?

Login/Join to Participate

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
I was just wondering, for those who are one of a group of friends who twirl - are you one of those in the spotlight? or do you quietly sit back and let the others take it?

myself, im of the latter.

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Notice there's virtually no footage of me spinning anywhere on the net?

Meh

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
hehehe....nice question

I think with twirling...particully with performance, I'm pretty out there.... but then I get mistaken for an out going person...hehe when infact I'm quite shy

Actually I've noticed that even when I am perfoming, I'm sort of shy... not much eyecontact and stuff... Bec's way more ingaging than me, with big smiles the whole show and vocal calls and eyecontact...

I think it'd be great to beable to watch myself twirl from the outside to see how I actually come across...

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Such a shame video hasn't been invented yet Mistress Pixie.

Meh

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
I've only spun twice in a group, one time was with the a crowd of HoP'ers (Blaze, Deimos, Cerberus, Flip, Alumity, etc.. etc..) but i wouldn't dare even attempt to spin in the spotlight after them.

Now, the other time was at a school dance with these 2 people. I felt it nessesary to try to.. well.. you could call it stealing the spotlight, but i called it Diverting peoples attention. Needless to say, they need some work before they preform in public.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
at C@ntus.... I meant see with someonelse's eyes...you know? Like I know how I feel... but I don't know what I'm projecting out there... how other people percieve it...

[ 21. September 2003, 18:27: Message edited by: .:* Moon Pixie *:. ]

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i know what u mean about seeing how other people perceive you. i'd love to know that myself.

Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

KajiQuantum Theorist
564 posts

Posted:
I follow the speak softly and carry a large flaming stick phylosophy

In the 60's people took acid to make the world weird, now the world is weird and they take prozac to make it normal again.

nightsdarkchildmember
84 posts

Posted:
when one can make the who needs to shine be bright he has performed. when that same one shimes it should not be his fire that is bright.

we could live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
swim out past the breakers watch the world die

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
When ever i'm spinning with a group of people i always like there to be someone else already spinning so i guess i dont like being in the spotlight.

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Matthew B-MLemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative
605 posts

Posted:
I didn't used to like being in the spotlight, but the wicks that I've made for myself tend to light up just about everyone and everything. (possibly a little bit too much on the bright side). .

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Well, I only really know one person who spins, but I guess im the shy one. I try not to be pretentious about stuff like fire spinning (although I am so curious I seem like I am just because I hound everyone for tibits of information)

I think if I ever get into performing I will be the sort of performer who wears elaborate concealing costumes and depends on body movement more for expression then my face.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
i rekon i am both, i like baing OTT and happy all the time, and friendly and genuine, but at teh same time i also like to have my shyness, as only a few ppl know what i am thinking or goin through in my head! not just in spinning but in my whole life

Step (el-nombrie)

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
As a person who performs solo, I have the spotlight without question.

However, when I get into a group, I like to just sit and watch and if I spin it is waaaaay at the back of the group kind of thing.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Captain HazzardBRONZE Member
Ninja (shhhh, don't tell)
420 posts

Posted:
i've only ever spun alone so far, so i guess that puts me in both groups? i'm actually pretty nervous about spinning at the gathering in cornwall. (see events)

I only wanted to be 16... and free

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
Everyone has to be in the spotlight sometime though. Even if the spotlight is really tiny.

i8beefy2GOLD Member
addict
674 posts

Posted:
Hehe, well I spin more for my own amusement than anything else... and on top of that I'm quite a shy person, so I actually tend to forget the crowd is even there when I perform. I tend to just perform and then slink off to the background somewhere. However, the last time I went out I saw a couple who were deffinitely crowd oriented, and they were really amazing. They got very close to the spectators and made a point of bringing the fire right up to them, which though I feel was a little dangerous, they did a terrific job.

Makes me want to learn to be more outgoing with my performances...

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
hey there Captain Hazzard!
You don't want to be concerned about spinning in a crowd - I, for one, will be causing myself some sort of injury during the Polzeath gathering!!

The only difference will be that you have other people to tell you why you keep hitting yourself!!

It'll be a blast!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
i would love to spin in a group of people who actually know what they are doing!
im the quiet one but i dont like to be. (i thrive in the spotlight only i dont get much when i twirl!) but if i was in a group of people who actually know what they were doing, then i wouldnt mind giving up the spotlight so much.

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Depends whether they're better than me or not.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.