PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Yet another East Coast gathering occurred this weekend, a meeting of those who are old friends and those who are new, a melding of styles, toys and talents...and from this gathering I learned many things.A)....never spin in cut of shorts. The stupid frays kept flaring up, not that I was spinning well anyway. I wasn't injured and the flickers of fire were never uncontrollable but sheesh!!! I didn't think about it (and I didn't make it back to Galaxies to change anyway). Just don't do it.Thanks to Skunk for being an on the ball safety and pointing out each time my shorts went up so I could pat them out. It really was toasty buns!!! Also, thin white shirts and white gas don't mix....and because the cotton was thin the gas doesn't just burn away. Actually, Doug found that out but it was an interesting experience for all who were there. shocked2) Never spin while injured. I hurt my elbow pretty nastily before I left and decided to stick with eating/blowing and trailing (which Peregrin is doing wonderfully at btw).However, after two nights of watching everyone else spin, I couldn't resist. Yup, I made a total ass of myself. No Skunk, I am not normally that bad. BUT Doug and I pulled off some interesting doubles moves I think thanks to so much time on the subway.I paid the price for it today though. frownIII) Put yourself out there. I am shy when I meet people the first time, or at least for awhile. At the gathering we were all at Friday, I didn't really say a whole lot to anyone outside the fantastic five unless they talked to me first. Saturday night there was two of us and I hid for a bit behind Nomad (sorry about that)before I let the shyness go. Sunday, though I did badly with my arm, I went to the spin sans the usual EC group for me to meet with a bunch of "strangers" in a city I had never really been in, and it was nice. I talked to a couple people who had been at the gatherings the previous nights but I had been too shy to talk to. I am glad I had that second chance now. smileLastly) I don't think I have ever been hit on so much as I was this past weekend when I was wearing leather pants and had flames in my mouth. I guess there is something sexy about it and trust me, if you are lonely...try it. (especially if you are a single female in NYC) winkWhile I learned much more on a personal level I thought these were the ones that would at least be vaguely interesting on the board. grinCheers to all and it was great meeting the NYC peeps....maybe I'll see you the weekend of Aug 3.....and be able to spin better then!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Peregrinemember
428 posts

Posted:
I think that guy attention is definitely all about the "Do the knee thing!" smilePere

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Pele , it is just so nice to see that u can take advantage of any situation, good or bad and learn from it. that is real power !!!!! smileas for guys hitting one you, told you you have some fans in france allready winkShine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

pjmember
277 posts

Posted:
In the same vein as spinning in cut-offs, you need to be careful if you have torn jeans as well. I was spinning once and I heard some friends yelling "you're on fire! you're on fire!" and I'm like, "uh, no" until they come running at me with the wet towel. ;-)But WRT the NYC peeps, Skunk and Deb and Erin and the rest of that crew are all way-cool folks to hang out with.-p.

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
"DoTheKneeThingDoTheKneeThingDoTheKneeThing!"

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

kmactanemember
97 posts

Posted:
While I certainly wouldn't advise listening to everything that every random passer-by tells you, I would say that if your friend is saying, "Dude, you're on fire!"... don't argue! Sie probably has a better view of the situation than you do. (After all, you're a little busy at the moment...)And if it's your fire safety, then really believe what sie tells you.Keep in mind that when you select someone to be your fire safety, you are fairly literally putting your life in their care. (This is why I don't consider it an insult to have someone tell me sie'd rather have someone else do fire safety for hir -- if I'm a relative stranger, sie probably has other people sie trusts a lot more.)

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Pele...were you showing people your "pics" again?? grin My theory on why women get hit on when in leather pants:The leather is obviously tight, thus a person will sweat, and any booty sweat excreated by a woman at its base level is a pharomone that stimulates men, that combined with the smell of leather, (which almost all men think leather is sexually pleasing to the touch, sight & smell) makes men horny bastards. Now they begin their irratic speech patterns. These usually revolve around, "hey baby, whats your sign?, you from around here, your place or mine, ive got big hands", not realizing this is getting them nowhere, uless he is brad Pitt. Then the woman, because her pants are hot and sweaty, has become uncomfortable thus impossible to talk to. She doesnt feel like weeding throught the opening line bullshit, and begins to get pissy and cop an attitude. Which inturn actually weeds out some of the suitors, and she is now left with the real freaks, because they either think a sweaty, pissed off chicks are sexy, or they like to be tied up, gaged, & and spanked..Its either that, or just because youre a sexy biaaatch. You can pick [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">Superman...------------------[/image]"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

4,224 posts

Posted:
Pele ... Since it is public and on the board .... You're gonna have to tell us what this mysterious "Knee thing" is . If there is a miracle solution , please share winkShine onCassandra

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
cassandra, Here is a pic of "the knee thing."It's from Pele's official website: Pyromorph.comI described it in another thread I think. Feel free to stare at it and try to figure it out. [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/grin.gif">------------------[/image][This message has been edited by Pele'sWhippingBoy (edited 30 June 2001).][This message has been edited by Pele'sWhippingBoy (edited 30 June 2001).]

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

4,224 posts

Posted:
Oh ! THAT one ... How could I ever forget that one ... yeah, when I first saw it I was like : Oh, cool picture, but where's Pele.Simply AMAZING...Did u take the pics ?Shine onCassandra

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Whipping Boy is my photographer on most occassions and is my web designer too, which is why he is so anxious to promote my still under construction site! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

FirelindancerBRONZE Member
7 posts

Posted:
whoa Superman that was a really technique breakdown of why guys find women in leather attractive ...heheh I have to keep that in mind for the future smile Oo I have my first performance coming up tonight .yay!Keep twirling------------------of all the things I've Lost I think I miss my mind the most

of all the things I've Lost I think I miss my mind the most

Pele'sWhippingBoymember
442 posts

Posted:
Don't forget that women in leather also smell like a new car. winkBut maybe that's because I'm a car buff.------------------"Except for that Mrs. Lincoln, How did you like the play?"

FYI: I am not Pele. If you wish to reply to me and use a short version of my name, use: PWB.

English? Who needs that? I'm never going to England. - Homer Jay Simpson

BEZERKERenthusiast
237 posts

Posted:
Pele and 'whipped boy' tongueI couldn't look at the knee thing, told this page was unavailable for viewing.I wanna see too smile

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Berzerker..sorry about that, WB didn't realize the site was blocked from putting up individual photos, so if you just go to the Pyromorph link, it is the photo in the center, the big bright one, and would be one of the reasons why I am named Pele! wink[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 02 July 2001).]

Pele

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i always thought a new car smelled like a woman in leather pants..well at least ill think that every time i get in a newcar from now on. or everytimei climb in my friends mustang, ill think of Pele and her leather pants...hee hee"S"------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain