Forums > Social Chat > Hooray, I'm pregnant! but now I can't play with fire!

Login/Join to Participate

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Hi everyone. smileJust wanted to share my good news with you all. I'm having a baby! YAY!!!!!However, as alluded to in Splat's recent thread about kero fumes, I'll no longer be able to play with fire. Well, not for the next 6-7 months anyway. frown Thanks to mrmo-nyc for his very helpful information smileFlashFire, Frenzie and myself performed at a club the other night for a very appreciative audience (uv - not fire). I'm hoping that I'll be able to keep doing this sort of performance for a while yet.My obstetrician tells me it's all good until being pregnant starts to affect my centre of gravity and balance. So firedancing mum's.... how long have I got?Cheers,Finn smile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
ah Finn - the Earthmother is now becoming a...mother smileCongratulations on that.I hope you can keep up the twirling while looking after a child winkJosh

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Thanks so much Josh. I'm really looking forward to being a 'ruly truly' earth mother!As for twirling post baby... der! as if I wouldn't! I will find a way. smileI can't wait to do the doof with child thing. I love seeing all the little kids crawl out of their tents in the morning. So much fun!Love to you and KateFinn smile

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Hooray Finn! What wonderful news! I love that people share their blessings here; congratulations!!Can't offer any advice as I've never been pregnant but rest assured we'll keep the home fires burning while you're sticking with the streamers and the UV poi. smileHooray!-protie

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Tons of good news and happy occasions on the board the last few months..Congradulations!! My wife and I (man that sounds weird) said we'd wait a few yrs before children, but i want to be a young father. I know that sounds odd, but i dont want to be 35 and have a child, then when he/she is a pre-teen be almost 50! I assume its mostly up to her, so we'll see.What are you wanting? Boy or a Girl?? Both have their quarks i guess, either way a blessing.I wouldnt think the fumes would be too healthy. But im not a doctor by any means, but i would definately ask before."MOTHER IS THE NAME FOR gOD ON THE LIPS AND HEARTS OF ALL CHILDREN"- The Crow.Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Girl From Marsmember
168 posts

Posted:
Congrats!!!! are you going to find out the sex or is it going to remain a surprise? any name ideas yet?supes, nice quote, n8 will be proud smilehappy motherhood finn!!!!!

the music feeds my soul that glows and grows with every spin i take.

NYC_not_PKOne Tyred Guy
203 posts

Posted:
Congrats! I'm glad to see that you're keeping toxin free during your pregnancy. And hey, now you can twirl glowsticks which are way cooler than fire anyway. wink[No, no, don't get up guys. I'll just kick my own ass]

PK is a god.. i love the Peeekster.

.:PK:. [poiinthepark founder member]

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing smileSTAY SAFE! hug

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
hee hee mrmo_nyc..------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Yeah Finn!And to think we used to think you were a guy!I wish my mother had been a fire dancer when I was growing up. You will be in great demand at your kid's birthday parties!Hearty CongratulationsKat------------------"London is a city coming down from its trip and there's going to be a lot of refugees" - Danny,Withnail & I

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Thanks for all your positive thoughts guys. I'll keep you posted as things develop! smile

touchBRONZE Member
61 posts

Posted:
Hey FinnCongratulations, be the bringer of life. The bringer of light(fire) can wait.heres wishing you all the happiness you deserve, WELL DONE!------------------peace, love and light*TOUCH*

"Music is my mother...and my father...it is my work and my rest...my blood...my compass...my love" Jeff Buckley.

kmactanemember
97 posts

Posted:
Touch said:"Congratulations, be the bringer of life. The bringer of light(fire) can wait."Hear, hear! Very well said -- better than anything I can come up with.

gάrbǿaddict
521 posts
Location: Bristol / London / Norwich / Chennai, India (UK) (...

Posted:
quote:
shocked shocked Congratulations shocked shocked
peace outgarbo tongue------------------
quote:
"Be the change"Mahatma Ghandi

be excellent to each other: safe:

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Thank you for your kind thoughts Touch, kmactane and Garbo. smileTouch,I like the idea of being the 'bringer of life'. The bringer of light can definately wait.Finn smile

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!Hope you don't get to board you may not be able to play fire yet you can still play with uv's but don't get your baby all bruised up ------------------Kymic, Keep smiling :)

Finnmember
341 posts

Posted:
Kymic,I reckon I'll be alright up until my tummy starts to get in the way. Surely that will affect my ability to move gracefully! The Wick Effect has another gig in two weeks time. No fire. So far so good!Finn smile