• All Purchases made this month instantly go into the draw to win a USD $ 100.00 credit to your HoP account.

Bird
GOLD Member since Aug 2003

Bird

now available in "advanced"

Total posts: 6086
Posted:I had my first public(ish) performance last night!
I don't know if my Godson's birthday party counts given that it was a captive audience!
And I'm not sure who enjoyed it more - me, or the kids! But who cares I had a great time spinning and even managed to pull of a few moves while appearing to have some sort of level of competence!!

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Delete Topic

Posted:Congrats!!!

Delete

Deimos
BRONZE Member since Aug 2003

Deimos

Cinnamon Girl

Total posts: 191
Posted:I know how you feel! My friends and I just started performing in public and it's such a wonderful feeling when someone is so wrapped up in it that they'll wait and stare while everyone soaks, spins out and eventualy burns. But then there's always the people who will glance at you once then keep walking as if what we're doing is the most boring thing in the world. I guess that you didn't have much of that vibe at your godson's party, so you got off easy!
This time.....dun dun dunnnnn

P*L*U*R

Delete

Bird

Bird

Posted:some people just don't realise how difficult(and painful) it can be to learn how to do things!!

Delete

Matthew B-M

Matthew B-M

Lemon-Aware Devilstick-wielding Operative

Total posts: 605
Posted:The perennial "I can do that, can I have a go?"

There have been times where I've almost been tempted, but then my responsibility kicks in.

Luv 'n' Lemons
purity :: clarity :: balance

Delete

frostypaw

Great balls of fire

Total posts: 643
Posted:Well done mister! How were your nerves?

Mine still scream after public fire... I don't even notice them when i'm spinning then I stall to stop and notice i'm off like a leaf... guess that takes a while to go

I can SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Delete

Mot

addict

Total posts: 666
Posted:Well done man!!! It's a great buzz is'nt it.
I did a wee preformance for a group of kids recently aswel. Man it was a bit scary, they get sucked in like moths to a flame. Had to concentrate more on where the kids all were more than the fire. And then the little bastards discover where you keep your fuel and send scout units around the back to try and make off with the remainder of the bottle. Theres always one who has the nerve. But all went well.

Hey frosty paw, "Ich bin een Lowlander" thats not suposed to be dutch is it?
Try "Ik ben een....." Ah but germany, holland it's all the same kettle of fish anyway (grinning stupidlly cause if any dutch people read this I'm in trouble)

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Delete

Bird

Bird

Posted:I decided against using fire, as I'm a bit new to this and I didn't like the idea of anything going wrong!!
That and fire around young children is a recipe for disaster!
Still, the effect was right for the occasion and there was no risk of anyone getting hurt(apart from me with a glowstick in the eye!! - OUCH)

Delete