Forums > Social Chat > just out of curiousity...

Login/Join to Participate

sola_sarahBRONZE Member
13 posts

Posted:
i was wondering how many of you HOPers are in school right now? if so, what are you doing in school and what do you plan to do once you are out of school?

i'm currently going to the local college and doing my associate of arts degree which is the program that is required to get into the elementary education program at the university.

i'm just curious as to what other peoples aspirations are school-wise?

-sarah-

one thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. -BOB MARLEY-

Benjaminmember
39 posts

Posted:
Hiya Sarah!
I'm currently in my Junior year at University of Louisville. I'm a Communications major with aspirations of becoming a wandering Bohemian after graduation. College degrees these days are becoming more and more cliche pieces of paper, so I'm chasing after my little piece of the paper, then throwing it into the trunk of my car and hitting the road.

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
I'm a architecture senior, after I get the BS it's off to grad school

(reason for edit: apparantly these past 3 years of study have not inable me to correctly spell "architecture" )

[ 15. September 2003, 04:57: Message edited by: Jello ]

AlfredSILVER Member
Altyd Brandend
149 posts

Posted:
I am a theatre major at a local college.One day when i am big i am gonna be an actor.

Spinning makes my world go round

LuxBRONZE Member
71 posts

Posted:
Im doing an BA(hons)illustration (degree) and hope to end up as an authorial (some hope!) illustrator or generally illustrating funky lil books that only sell in comic stores.

tennisBRONZE Member
confused and abused
363 posts

Posted:
I'm waking up somewhere and seeing what happens................and i love it.

My cat's breath smells like catfood

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I am a medical student, third year. So I'll be an M.D. in June, 2005. Already got me my B.S. and M.S. (Stands for "Bull Sh!t" and "More Sh!t").

In case anyone is wondering, Ph.D. stands for "Piled higher and deeper."

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

DarkDevilmember
233 posts

Posted:
I'm a grade 12 Highschool Student. Right now i'm in Pre-Calculus, Film and Video, and Business Management 12.

After Highschool I plan on moving back to newfoundland (canadian province) and taking Commerce or Business Administration at Memorial University.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is not a trick, this is a stunt. The difference between a stunt and a trick is that a trick is something that tricks or fools the audience, a stunt is something that only an idiot would do -Ivan, Ash Circle, 10/04/03

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Mechanical Engineering Senior (6th year) at Oklahoma State University, going on afterward to become a teacher at the college level

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
Animal Science-Pre Vet Major...Junior yr at Oklahoma State University. Studying to be an animal handler at a zoo or something related. Currently not enrolled, but working as a kennel tech and sometimes vet tech at a local vet office til school bills are paid for.

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
final year of a BSc in medical microbiology. No idea what next.

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
first year BofA student at st. Mary's university. going to get a couple of degrees then hopefuly teach.

some will understand. -buddah

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I 'm in the 2nd of year of Ecomonics in the University of Athens...I hope one I'll an econometrist,which is a bit difficult......

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
4th year electronic engineering uni student

ViciousVixenmember
103 posts

Posted:
I just received my BS in International Business, minor in Marketing from Oklahoma State University a couple months ago. Right now I'm just working in domestic sales, but eventually I want to market American products to Central and South American consumers, or vice versa.

space cadetmember
19 posts

Posted:
I have a music degree.

Now I'm very much in debt and make not much money as a retail whore. Sometimes this is depressing.

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
2nd year Law student. So, soon I'll have my J.D (law school is a 3 year program in the U.S.). I have my B.A. in philosophy already.

Afterwards? Um, I want a Ph.D in philosophy someday. But I figure I'll practice law for a while first. I do criminal defense now, and research mental health law, but I'm thinking of slipping into intellectual property law, too.

E pluribus unum, baby.

smiley_dup1member
108 posts

Posted:
I graduated from vet school last year. Those of you still at school.......... dont leave it is the best time of your life.........I wanna go back

I don't like living below the tropic of Capricorn..... and now I seem to be in England...... how did I get here???