Forums > Social Chat > Rest in peace Johny Cash (and John Ritter)

Login/Join to Participate

Astarmember
1,591 posts

Posted:
I love johny cash and john ritter was pretty good in problem child. What is the world comeing to?

PS-I totally dressed up like johny cash today. Hair and everything.

King Of Bongoaddict
522 posts

Posted:
RIP man in black.

Your life is ending one minute at a time...
So live it.

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
At least Johnny Cash was in his 70's and ill for sometime. It was really no surprise. He led such a rich life and has left behind an incredible legacy. (LOVE the song Ghostriders in the Sky esp.!!)

John Ritter was only 54. Died on the set of his new tv show from something that could not have been caught or diagnosed, leaving behind a daughter who turned 5 the day before his death. Personally, that to me is absolutely tragic.

Both were amazing artists in thier own right and will be missed by the performance community at large.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

Jelloambiguous
646 posts

Posted:
Wow, both sad, but quite a shock in Ritters case.

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Anybody else feel wierd by having Johnny Cash and John Ritter's names forever bonded? It just sounds wierd to have two guys who couldn't have had more different performance careers eternally linked by the day of their death.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Mistress AuroraHot Schtuff
1,032 posts

Posted:
I listened to Johnny Cash since I was lil bitty. It is a shock to hear of his death. It was also a shock to hear of John Ritter's death. I sometimes would watch his show when I got the chance. They will be missed

RISK: Do not follow the common path; Go where there is no path and leave a trail.

Flipmodiusmember
103 posts

Posted:
"come and knock on my door..we'll be waiting for you..the thing,and the thing(i don't know the words)..three's company too."

rip- mr. Ridder you will be missed.

some will understand. -buddah

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
at least they both worked till the end and were not obscure ... listened the the man in black cause my dad liked him.. the only album i bought in the past year was the man comes around ( and i still can't find it in my room ) .. and my girl and i liked watching 8 simple rules...

it sucked but that is the way life bounces ...

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

Foraumember
81 posts

Posted:
Its a shame how few young people now know Cash.
I still like some of his songs allthough I don't like country or something. Shame...