Forums > HoP Competitions & Announcements - COL videos etc

Login/Join to Participate
Page:
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 9,730    Replies: 28
"Ok so where to begin.So i descovered some thing i once loved with a passion, some thing that i could work with and find myself and make new friends along the way, learn many things, do ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,813    Replies: 1
"any one in ontario would like to film fire arts with me let me know i have a camera and supplies"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,990    Replies: 5
"Ok, my "Search" skills are lacking tonight.I'm interested in sending in a video for the next CoL, soundtrack and everything by me and friends. So, umm... WHERE can I find information ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,889    Replies: 4
"When watching my video (Brother&Son) please turn off the sound of your TV and put on another music on your stereo. Just something you personally like. Some recommendations: Kruder&a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,539    Replies: 15
"One of my spinning inspirations is going to put in a vid for Col five, and I want to ask a very general question... Is there an age limit for Col five?would it be frowned upon if a pre-..."
Views: 4,491    Replies: 9
"I was having a quick look around the shop earlier (In anticipation for my first credit card!!!!- wooo!!!!)And i was just wondering - is it just COL 2 and 4 that you can get on dvd??? Or..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,827    Replies: 21
"Although Malcolm's announcement already exists in another thread, I felt that it deserved a thread all of its own:Written by:As picked by HOP.1. Brother and Son = US$1000 gift certifica..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,601    Replies: 3
"Well maybe I’m leaning my head over the guilitine while trying to fix it, but I’m going to take a chance here. I think that any fire performer trying to perfect their skills will fi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,248    Replies: 39
"Greetings firey folk, Due to HOP central being rather busy here at present and a few unforeseen circumstances with editing of COL5 video footage etc etc COL5 is taking slightly long..."
Last Reply by
Views: 14,366    Replies: 62
"Hoooray, Malcolm just gave me a list of the people who made it onto COL 5 So here goes, in no particular order. Fire Fairy from AustraliaFire Sisters from CanadaSista Firewire from Germ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 88,115    Replies: 83
"Just between you,me ,him and her I think its pretty good!MMMM I'm very impresed.Rockn entrys from Drone,Highly flammable and the ever rockn Bender.Many standouts for me,Nix? aye!What a..."
Views: 2,609    Replies: 0
" let me be the first!! congratulations all who made it on the video. i'm sure the selection process was extremely hard. i have been waiting so impatiently to hear word of who made it on..."
Last Reply by
Views: 23,324    Replies: 79
"my list in no particular orderglassbluecatknoxiousnx?josh n katepsimcptenticlekyle mcLean psychosimiantrees and beatlespk (even though u dont do staff ur videos are always imo the most..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,062    Replies: 3
"So these are some questions Ive had but never saw answered.1) The requirements say that music has to be heard on tape. Does this mean that the music had to have been recorded via the c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,939    Replies: 13
"Finely after three years of trying to get a video put together and edited, I finely sent one in!! Hope ya all like it... I want to know who has sent theirs in, and who is going to? We ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,387    Replies: 19
"I was wondering if this year there was another competition for the cover, or if Malcolm and the Blueflame gang had an idea already?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,977    Replies: 8
"Don't you hate it when you say everything you wanted to say in the subject line? I always feel compelled to write something here as well, but there's really nothing else I wanted to ask..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,411    Replies: 6
"Hi!In the COL5 entry rules it says:"Details ...How? Please mail your video to Home of Poi, PO Box 6271,Unit 2 - 88 Hayon Road, Christchurch, New Zealand...Rules...... Must arrive before..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,703    Replies: 4
"Hm....haven't been here in awhile, but I just got some fire poi in and I'm in love... anyways, I once had the elusive COL 2 video.....very sweet.... But, I was forced to give it up to a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,419    Replies: 1
"All this talk of col5 and I'm stil waiting for col 4 to come out on DVD. I can't take it anymore I'm thinking about just buying the video, 9 months of watching the teaser and I'm well..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,357    Replies: 13
"I AM! Ever since I started spinning fire I've been using these massive wicks...good and big and firey and fun, but I didn't realize how much better I am with lighter ones until I st..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,055    Replies: 2
"when are submissions due by? "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,327    Replies: 3
"would it be alright, if we hosted or linked a vid to a certain site or email address, instead of sending a tape? "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,513    Replies: 3
"Is it possible to send a entry via the net. I mean find a host and upload so malcolm can download it. I know that it seems like alot of trouble but i seriously only have 1 copy and it..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,650    Replies: 49
"I know the entry details say 'any' of the fire arts, but what fire implements will be featured or are ok to use for entries? I ask only because I haven't seen any rope dart, fire swords..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,085    Replies: 1
"I speak of downunderians, and how COL 5 will hopefully gi's a chance to more truly represent the diversity of fwirlage here.c'mon let's see more!Luke from Fusing Brisbane sez he's gonna..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,153    Replies: 18
"I am gonna do a cover for COL 4, but I need a model to help me with a picture. If there are any women willing to help, it would be greatly appriciated. Just reply or PM me it you want t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,759    Replies: 7
"Rules : You have one vote. You cant vote for yourself. You have to have seen COL4.Having said that let the voting begin!"
Last Reply by
Views: 18,080    Replies: 60
"In regards to the free "COL4 Video" that the submitters recieve (and the two free videos that the used submitters get) Can we choose to recieve it in DVD or VHS? Or for the submitions t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 15,357    Replies: 50
"hey malcolm hope every thing is going ok with col4, i was just wondering when its likly to be completed? i know it hasnt been very long and i am being over excited to see it like very o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,863    Replies: 15
"I just spent the last four hours making a techno trance song on my computer. Then the !@#$%^&* thing crashed , and the autosave didn't work correctly, and I lost it, right as I w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,011    Replies: 12
"it goes without saying that Sage is amazing....i kept rewinding the COL 2 video clip of her again and again and again.....as my friend andrew put it: "sensory overload." i was watching..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,681    Replies: 6
"Hey all,So, I've got this little hobby of mine, making music with this program called Fruityloops. I haven't made too many tracks, but the last one I completed I think is rather good. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 16,514    Replies: 62
"Ok, so I couldn't resist, I had make it official... So, this thread is for the boss man (Malcolm) to post all the entries he has recieved, so all of us in internet land won't have t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,971    Replies: 5
"You could have called it Circles of fire (COF) and pronounced it cough . Would have been kinda ironic.Sorry to much free time on my hands "
Views: 2,295    Replies: 2
"Everybody who sends in a video gets a free finshed copy of COL4, and everybody featured on the video gets TWO copies.Videos will all be returned and a free copy of the finished video fo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,537    Replies: 10
"Can music be supplied in CD format? I am not quite sure how to record from CD to the formats listed on the video instructions. Thank you, and thank goodness for Fed Ex!!"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,252    Replies: 4
"Hey we were wondering if A. our video entry has arived to you @ the home of poi? and B. if the video quality of the entry is acceptable? Thanks heaps Malcom Mark,Tri..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,578    Replies: 2
"quote: Each COL4 video sold will have a code for online voting for their favourite clip. After 3 months of selling the video the best clip will be announced. So.........Will the free co..."
Views: 2,949    Replies: 1
"Hi Malcome,The Central City Circus have put togther 4 entrys for COL4 comp 3 for the poi comp and 1 for the staff comp.Can we send them all on one(clearly labeled) tape or do you want t..."
Views: 2,620    Replies: 1
"Posted this a week or 2 ago but the site was down but tis up now.... Invisible Agent A friend of mine runs this site and anyone looking for music for col 4 might want to take a look. He..."
Views: 3,391    Replies: 5
"Hey there, To find out a little more about me and part of why I am posting this you can view my intro in the introduction forum... Part of a video I submitted was used for COL-3...."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,529    Replies: 8
"I am new to the art of spinning Photons and I was wondering which video someone of more experience would recomend me buying from the site?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,103    Replies: 2
"Ive read the old threads on which Cirle of light video is best, but this was before Col3 was out. Can anyone who has seen these videos please recommend to me which is the best buy. Than..."
Views: 2,046    Replies: 0
"Well, I don't think I can get an entry in for COL4... Oh well, I'll have fun watching the rest of you. However I have a question in case, or when, COL5 opens up. Some of the videos on C..."
Last Reply by
Views: 38,924    Replies: 112
" &lbr; 11 September 2002, 13:16: Message edited by: Malcolm &rbr;"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,405    Replies: 8
"hey peeps,having never seen the COL DVD's i was just wondering what sort of quality you need to be up to even bother entering? Say compared to some of the downloads avaliable on this w..."
Views: 3,106    Replies: 1
"Is Malcolm posting which entries he has recieved this year? Like he did last year... Only I haven't spotted it if he has..Tom"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,469    Replies: 2
"Hi malcom, Me and my friend entered the competition early last year,it was to late to be in the 2002 competition and I faintly remember you saying it would be in this years competition...."
Views: 3,695    Replies: 13
"Just a quick thought about the sumbission deadline. I think this deadline is relatively inconvenient to two groups of people on HoP.I belong to both, so feel free to question the motiv..."
Page:

HOP Newsletter