Forums > Other Toys

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 6,549    Replies: 23
"I have a serious APB out on any place to buy a "zorb," coming to you from the illustrious Johnny Bass. He really wants one, and, frankly, I don't blame him. Just look at that. It's frig..."
Views: 2,971    Replies: 0
"Dear members of Home of Poi,www.freestyleforum.net is a community of independent freestyle nunchaku artists from around the world, of all ages and ability.The nunchaku is an instrument ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,708    Replies: 15
"Okay, we use peg stilts that are fixed at the support pieces. My son *loves* stilt walking however he is growing insanely right now (about 3 inches in 2 months and still going). He want..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,872    Replies: 36
"I was reading another thread about spinning weird things (like shopping bags and wallets) but i was wundering 'Where is the weirdest place you have ever spun in?' Like yesterday when i ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,690    Replies: 15
"I really want to learn fire fans so:a) what's the difference between fixed and folding fans? b) which are easier to use? c) as I like the fact you can 'flick' folding fans open but I li..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,280    Replies: 26
"Hi!Just wanted to find out the fav tricks of all you HoPers. Mine's Dancers leap. Yours??? "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,300    Replies: 18
"hay my freind has been doing what he called flail sticks??? any one help me he explained it as norm staff with chains on the end can any one shed some light on a proper or popular name ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,657    Replies: 29
"i has a brand new toy a scythe is the thing that the grim reaper has with the curved blade. my one has wicking instead of a blade. funnily enough, it still cuts grass despite not havin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,729    Replies: 5
"Hey there wonderful DIY people, I've been looking of late to find instructions on making bits of circus equipment, flags, regular poi, juggling balls, rola bola and staff excluded. Espe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,955    Replies: 8
"I just saw the neatest move at Atlantic City yesterday while scouting out a place for the Sands demo and was curious to ask some questions before I tried it out. It was a rather slick l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,930    Replies: 15
"Well I got myself a new toy... and it's so immensely beautiful that it will kill some of my spinning time.But let's start at the beginning. Last year that dRedlocked dude, named Danny c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,726    Replies: 20
"For those of you who can't follow the equation above, suffice it to say the answer is...New Fans + Overzealous Poi Player = Disaster Waiting to HappenCongrats if you actually got the an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,891    Replies: 9
"I'm sure some of you have heard of this guy, i hadn't before today so check this guy out."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,308    Replies: 19
"jumblymambas are a new universal juggling tool details of how to make them are avalible free through the jumblymamba website"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,313    Replies: 7
"i've been juggling three short fire sticks 52cms both ends burning for 4 years can't find anyone to pass with also i juggle three fire jumblymambas ,,that's nine flames "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,626    Replies: 17
"So, I'm curious. Rumor keeps catching me on the wind (since I supposedly know someone who invented whatever the heck this is), and it's driving me mad. It's said to be a variation on co..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,064    Replies: 9
"OK, after some seriously extensive searching I couldn't find anything on this.I want to buy some fire fans. I have never used fire fans before, and I don't know anyone with a pair, so..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,611    Replies: 2
"HeyNew to the site really, just have a few questions on the fire footbags (ignoring the brand name its always been hacky to me). Ive read through the other topics so I apologise if ther..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,953    Replies: 25
"How does one suspend a wick with thin wire?Does the wick have to be round?do you use a swivel?Does the wire heat up?What kind of wire is the best?and what wick size?and how long should ..."
Views: 3,571    Replies: 11
"heya i've just made some new toys and i have no idea what they're called .. they're similar to meteors but have a handle in the middle .. similar to staff, but between the handle and t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,967    Replies: 13
"ive been doing alots of fire breathing but have only worked with this on fire staffs im soon gonna be getting some fire breathing clubs. so if any one no some good moves that could be u..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,292    Replies: 28
"Something I found to be a trip is a 3 dimentional Cube with 8 balls of fire. Ill show you a pic when I do 20 posts. 8 steel elbows connecting to 12 3ft 1\2" Schedual 40 PVC piping. Its ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 22,886    Replies: 30
"I've been thinking about constructing a Samoan Fire Knife using modern methods and trying it out as opposed to normal long staff.Original:New:Does anyone here have experience with Samoa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,369    Replies: 17
"HiI want to get some fire poi, and i dont know what type to get!Im a 19 year old male and still relatively new to the sport and currently spin with both ball and tailed poi and Im look..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,860    Replies: 2
"I've seen a hand full of pictures of this, but I have no idea what it is exactly. Anyone care to enlighten me?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,955    Replies: 5
"I've been doing poi for a while now and have just got in to doing double poi, (two poi in EACH hand) and so far have only been able cope with simple moves and just wondered how far othe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 20,954    Replies: 77
"I bought a pair about 2 and a half weeks ago. I was just trying to see if anybody else owned a pair???If you dont know what powerisers are: they are stilts about 1 foot high with a flat..."
Views: 3,118    Replies: 0
"I've been cigar box juggling for about a year and a half now and as of yet I have to meet anyone that can teach me any tricks. This isn't to say that I'm especially good, just that the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,824    Replies: 47
"anyone? they look like alot of fun and i'm just wanting some input from people who either have a pair or have used 'em before..thanks "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,973    Replies: 12
"Ok, I've posted before on cross-over between yo-yoing and poi, but there's quite a bit to the little things in general. To start things off.. some links: Guy Heathcote's Yo-yo Notes - ..."
Views: 6,274    Replies: 3
"Idea: Put everything you could ever need to know to start freestyle nunchaku in one place!1) What is freestyle nunchaku?Nunchaku are weapons, made famous by Bruce Lee and the teenage mu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,253    Replies: 9
"http://www.dumpalink.com/media/1152175182/Cirque_Du_Soleil_Diablosno description needed wonderfull performance with diablos"
Last Reply by
Views: 34,065    Replies: 106
"would it be possible for me to put kevlar rope onto a cheap samuri sword and pull off a cool fire sword effect? if so how do i go about attaching the rope to the sword?im thinking this ..."
Views: 4,153    Replies: 18
"I need help learning wrist-wraps with nunchaku - none of the tutorials I can find have a video that goes slow enough (I'd like to learn so that I can keep them going continuously"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,285    Replies: 4
"does anyone know any good hooping sites?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,959    Replies: 4
"Hi all,I was wondering who on this forum does or can do flair bartending. Do you have any hints, tips, encouragement etc. you might be able to pass on?To illustrate where I am now; I ac..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,693    Replies: 6
"Whats the best way to do this? I'm using 1/2 inch think kevlar rope and I'm wondering what's the most secure way to tie them off. String? Knot? Metal?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,779    Replies: 19
"so I emailed my local fire chief to see if I'd need a permit to dance with fire in public areas. I explained poi and fans very well but the response I got wasn't very helpful... "You do..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,393    Replies: 16
"A new hobbie for the summer months. It's not poi it's not skating, it's...... SKATEPOIIt's double the funAnybody else tried/want to try this?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,750    Replies: 5
"I've already bought some Fabric poi and since everyone seems to say that sock poi are amazing, I thought I'd get myself a pair of them as well.However, I'm slightly confused about what ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,006    Replies: 20
"(I DID search and posted to another flag thread but it's really on the wrong board, social chat, so no one replied.)so, i ordered a set of flags from here. (HOP) I was really looking fo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,459    Replies: 79
"What do you think about flying poi? Flying Poi on Youtube"
Views: 1,823    Replies: 0
"How much cord should I buy for 2-foot braided wicks? I'm doing that 4-braid thing and putting them on some fans. How much cord do I need for the braids to come out to 2 feet?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,472    Replies: 21
"Ok, I'm a newbie...(shut up!) and I have a weird set of handles on my fans. They're a d-shape handle and I suspect they're for show instead of actual fire work, although they've got the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,402    Replies: 42
"i went to the circus yesterday, and saw a guy juggling 9 balls, can anyone on here juggle that many balls, or more?? and how long did it take people to learn to juggle however many ball..."
Views: 2,193    Replies: 5
"hey! i was just wonderin on constructing my own rope dart for fire spinning! my mate has let me used hisbut i wish to make my own! any help would be very much appreciated!?"
Last Reply by
Views: 1,750    Replies: 1
"Hi, I need some help! I am running an event in Bristol on 29th April and I have been let down by the flair bartender we had booked. Does anyone do or does anyone know anyone who is good..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,148    Replies: 7
"Hey does anyone here do fire skipping? It sounds like fun, anyone got any pictures or info on it?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,365    Replies: 7
"Hi people. Firstly, this is my first post here - searched the topics and couldn't find anything that answered my question. But I figure there are enough hoopers in here that someone w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 13,151    Replies: 9
"Havent heard much about Diablos aroud here! Anyone know any good websites with easy to follow tricks?? Can do a few moves but just bought a new diablo and wanna make it worthwhile!Che..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter