Forums > Other Toys

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 11,996    Replies: 4
"Hey Everyone I just came across this new Fiber Optic Whip from AntsOnAMelon.com and had to share it with you all.. This is the coolest fiber optic whip I have come across! The it scre..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,727    Replies: 1
"Hi, I have a few fire toys. A staff, and some poi. Sadly in the last few years I haven't touched them much, but I want to dust them down and start practicing again. When I get back to a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,324    Replies: 4
"What kind of glue do people find best for sticking kevlar wick to steel?I'm working on a fire sword, but I have a lot of unusual requirements for it, so I can't rely on a lot of the nor..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,741    Replies: 1
"I'd really like to start doing kitty wrench. I was wondering if someone could tell me how to make one or where to buy one. Thanks"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,905    Replies: 2
"Hi, i'm pretty new in here :blush: I'm used to spin poi and staves for some time and i wanted to try fans.I bought medium lotus fans from HoP and well they're beautiful, no problem wi..."
Views: 2,683    Replies: 0
"Hi All,So I got my new lotus Fans and have been playing with them (unwicked) pretty much non-stop for the past 24 hours! Here's my question: What is the fan community's general consen..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,882    Replies: 17
"i learnt this kewl move by accident, when you do the heilcopter then use contact with one of the grip sticks 2 make it move around, i was trying to do a triple spin with contact but i s..."
Views: 2,756    Replies: 0
"nvm i found a current thread"
Last Reply by
Views: 9,285    Replies: 12
"Right now I do nunchucks and have been for a long time, this last year I've started doing them on fire.That kinda lead me to the 3 piece staff also called a sanjiegun.Does anyone else d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,391    Replies: 14
"Got all constructivey today, made myself a Sanjiegun after seeing it the the HoP shop;http://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/HoP-Samjiegun-3-Section-StaffHad a play earlier tonigh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,367    Replies: 1
"So I just made a puppyhammer last night and the ends feel really light. I have monkey fists on both ends with three knuckles and it's a 3/4" rope. I want to get some steel bearin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,837    Replies: 2
"Ello fire dancers near and far. i have been searching the internet and i have notices something that sorta saddens my heart. every fire sword seems to be that of a katana or a scimitar...."
Views: 2,222    Replies: 0
"Does anyone know of any instructional materials on Samoan Fireknife dancing? I've been doing fireknife for a few years and the only thing I've been able to find is this:http://www.amazo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,601    Replies: 1
"Greetings!Okay, so I've got a question for all of you experienced fire fan folk. I'm planning my first burn this weekend with my fans. I've been practicing with them for weeks and feel ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,983    Replies: 1
"Check out this custom made new style fire equipment Jonmechachief created by Jonasun from Japan.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAL3lpN9OVs&list=PLLetOvNwg6dPqxbEJBgM6TPn3j-WevQQo&am..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,316    Replies: 1
"I have looked at many sets of fire fingers but I can't afford them. Could someone make me a set like Anja Milow's? http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5138/5584000205_f0b43eeaac.jpg http://..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,157    Replies: 3
"Hi allI was wondering if there is perhaps a cleaner way/method of shaking off the excess fuel from one's torches that won't leave lingering fuel smell splashes or marks on a venue's flo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,596    Replies: 1
"So a random question for my friends here in the "other toys" section of the forum. Do any of you have experience with 2A yoyo play? If so, how has it affected your poi style (..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,552    Replies: 5
"The UFO. The unidentified flaming object. This thing is weird. Most people are clueless as to how or what it is when they first see ithttp://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1658...."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,782    Replies: 1
"I've just bought my first set of fire fingers. They just nip onto the fingers and they don't feel that secure. Does anyone have any tips on making them totally secure? I've considered t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,456    Replies: 4
"Hiya Is it normal for your thumb joints to feel numb and painful when starting out - or am I maybe holding them wrong? Is there a certain way to hold them I should know about? Thanks i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,306    Replies: 1
"I found this video of Spades showing off Ants on a Melon's new fiber optic Spinning Spades Contact Sword and I had to share because this is too good! Props to him some of these moves a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,862    Replies: 9
"OK, here's the situation:in about four days I will be beginning rehearsals for a physical theatre show in Australia. The show *was* going to incorporate a quad bike but that's fallen t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 20,941    Replies: 35
"Please help me with sword. i d a martial art but we dont do loads of sword and i searched around on the net and found one thing. i need help. if anyone has or is making a move list plea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,912    Replies: 3
"Hi Everyone, I was looking for a thread on one of my favorite toys/weapons and being unable to find one, thought I would create it.I'm sure many of you have heard of the whip chain; not..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,305    Replies: 4
"Hey fellow Spinners!So...I am a hooper down to my soul and only recently found the addiction around a year ago. I love fire hooping and get more and more comfortable with fire every tim..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,027    Replies: 1
"Hey all!I'm looking at making a fire flag similar to like a marching band color guard flag. I will be using a 6' pole and a 35" x 52" fire-flag area.Key decisions I need to m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 92,726    Replies: 103
"Ok tonight I went through all the animations on devilstick.de and I thought i'd get this thread up and running with a couple of moves I didn't see displayed on it.To go in to the saw fr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,625    Replies: 5
"hello, im new to this (or acctualy any) fourm. i have 2 years expriance playing poi and im making a cheap meteor with tennis balls and cord. im just curious how long will be best to mak..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,918    Replies: 2
"Where can I find information on specific fire breathing techniques such as breathing pillars? I've found a good deal of information on basic puffs but nothing on sustained flame."
Last Reply by
Views: 35,217    Replies: 35
"Hi Everyone,well we have one of these set up in one of our practise spaces at home. Its about 10 metres long, and there's a climbing rope set up about 6 foot above the line to help with..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,514    Replies: 6
" Second generation of LED light Poi with interesting improvementand high quality.well done,"
Last Reply by
Views: 6,072    Replies: 7
"Saw this in the HoP Staff section.... haven't found anything about it, anybody using one? recommend any vidz of it??Thanks"
Last Reply by
Views: 26,325    Replies: 22
"New awesome toy that's a mix between a meteor hammer, rope dart, poi, and awesomeness. It's a puppyhammer.And here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA40xM03Gv4It's awesome to p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 160,682    Replies: 140
"Whip moves!I'm going to assume you're not an idiot, this thread isn't an excuse to go out and hurt yourself to make up a new crack. I don't think I know any crack that deliberately crac..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,647    Replies: 2
"Hey everyone,I was nosing around the shop and watching a few video tutorials, looking mostly at things regarding fans and the s-staves, when I had a thought: What if you put a finger lo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,936    Replies: 12
"ok i need a little help. i want to get into fans. and everyone says these fans are the best for begginers to advance people. i just want to know everyones opinions before i buy. i dont ..."
Views: 3,279    Replies: 0
"Hi! For starters, is it possible to make special orders here? Or if there is anyone "freelancing" who could create this? LED or fire.Otherwise, no matter! I am also looking fo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,641    Replies: 5
"We went to the circus the other day and they were spinning these ropes with bowls on the end. they were about 2 metres long, i think. It was really impressive nd we completely want to l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,410    Replies: 3
"Hello, got a new a fire act forming and as a gimmic in amongst are technical choreography want some fire pom poms anyone made any before, any advice for things to thinks about?ThanksAmm..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,695    Replies: 1
"So, Im about to start spinning some fans, and as someone who makes all my own toys, i have a few ideas for custom fans that meet my needs/wants better than the available ones.... lookin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,097    Replies: 5
"Tool: ROUE CYRSEARCH:http://www.google.cz/#q=roue+cyr http://tribes.tribe.net/rouecyrVIDEO: (thx..)--------------"
Views: 2,480    Replies: 0
"I recently have been allowed to play with fire due to some recent met friends. They started me with fans possible move to try poi after a good amount of practice. I will be in a sitt..."
Last Reply by
Views: 37,534    Replies: 53
"Well, I'm certain there are more than a few meteorists around this place - some of which are probably quite good. That being said, all the information is scattered all over the place.I ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,637    Replies: 10
"Just looking for the best recommendation for a fire whip in the States of US? Thanks,"
Last Reply by
Views: 8,904    Replies: 13
"I want to make my own set of fire fingers but all my designs turn out bulky and look like gauntlets, if anyone has any design ideas they wouldn't mind sharing I would be extreemly grate..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,475    Replies: 7
"Hey peeps,Ive had a bit of a look through and I cant find a thread on how to light foam on fire - more specifically what TYPE of foam to use.I have tried shaving foam (Gilette) and Styl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,733    Replies: 5
"Hello everybody !My name is Olivier, and I've moved 2 months ago to the Netherlands (in the far away Groningen). I was wondering where i could find some devilsticks in the Netherlands ?..."
Views: 2,780    Replies: 0
"Perhaps the title of this thread is a little high-handed, but essentially the jugglers and poi-ers have really got the drop on us with the formal language they use to describe tricks. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,217    Replies: 3
"Hey guys. either i somehow lost my good control with my Equinox lunastix, or the grip is beginning to go or something. Is there anything i can use to increase the grippyness? thanks!"
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter