Forums > Other Toys

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 3,716    Replies: 6
"Hey, is it possible for anyone to give me directions for making a fire whip? My friends and I have already made staffs, poi and swords, but I've never seen a firewhip (that still doesn'..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,159    Replies: 1
"hey does anyone know any good diablo tricks or any good sites?peace "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,571    Replies: 5
"I have mentioned this in a few other posts, but today I am curious to see if anyone else has the same habits.When I am practicing new skills, both with juggling, and other things in lif..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,806    Replies: 2
"new moves?? post em!"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,208    Replies: 2
"hey everyone, got a great new kind of light to use on poi chains. Basically bought some amazing flashing sticks at the full moon party last month. The sticks are about 6 inches long, 5 ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,943    Replies: 3
"I know your meant to clean the handsticks, and I guess the devilstick as well, any recomendations for cleaning materials? Struggling to get the soot of them! (oh BTW I'm talking bout fi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,219    Replies: 7
"hey all, Ive been spinning devil sticks for about 2 years now and have been contemplating moving up to fire. after some looking into I noticed the distinct lack of 'grippy' material on ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,822    Replies: 3
"does anyone have a tried and true method for putting the knobs onto the end of home made clubs? I've got a bit of dowel down the middle of the club - but am having trouble deciding whic..."
Views: 2,039    Replies: 0
"I have posted a few new pictures of me practising with my fire devils. http://www.chainmailbuddha.com/fire Note: All images have been reduced to make them a bit more modem friendly. If ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,492    Replies: 3
"Over the in South Africa it is immpossable to get your hands on UV ink "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,402    Replies: 1
"Hey guys,I've been Devil Sticking for a couple of years, not great at it but still lovin it! and recently I found the wonders of fire, mwahahahaha!! Anyway, Does anyone know of any ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,845    Replies: 5
"Does anyone know any links to meteor video clips?Or is there any good meteor footage on any of the COL videos? If so which volume."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,985    Replies: 1
"...get a toy to do it for you!possibly the coolest two toys in the world...? claude shannon's juggling machines"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,568    Replies: 14
"The few times I've tried commercial fire devil sticks they've been unusable in seconds cos they get slippy from the paraffin.Any one found a decebt one or, even better, made one themsel..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,765    Replies: 11
"this may a stupid qn to most.. but i had never heqard of devil sticks till i came to this site...what r they?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,461    Replies: 9
"I've been wondering about ways to get into BTB weave with meteors.It's straightforward to start with them behind your back and go into it, but not so striaghtforward to go into it from ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,754    Replies: 1
"Well I finally got around to getting some fire devil sticks. The link below contains a pictures of my new Todd Smiths and me playing with them in my back yard. At the bottom are a few v..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,695    Replies: 2
"I wanna make a wire wool rice flail, any one know anything about it? Should be able to do nice moves with it Peace "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,670    Replies: 2
"I'm considering buying 'The Meteor Book' as sold on HOP. I'm wondering if anyone experienced with meteors has seen a copy and if they consider it worth getting.I'm at the stage where I ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,745    Replies: 18
"Went to coachella music and arts festival in palm springs california and among other things saw a group playing fire soccer. It was quite entertaining (also entertaining watching the c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,412    Replies: 9
"So I have been playing with meteor for a few months now, and no one in my town spins meteor (that I know or have seen) so I am on my own techniques-wise.I am currently spinning 7 feet o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,653    Replies: 2
"I was given a fire-hack from a guy in australia- on my way to byron. he was just starting to sell them- calling them "hot-sacks" anyways- I still have it but it got a hole in it- lost..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,882    Replies: 1
"just wondering if anybody in the dfw metroplex did meteorsive started a performance crewif anybody here knows him i got yab yum to spin w\usanywaysweve got 4 ppl that do poibut only ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,163    Replies: 1
"AAAAAH THEY ARENT SELLING ELECTROGLO ANY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,782    Replies: 16
" Sorry, I had to.Malcolm, in another thread you discussed with Arcane that you have some honed skills in two ball juggling. Since I embarked on a juggling journey only a couple weeks ag..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,616    Replies: 3
"I have a line on a very infrequently used (once or twice) standard 20" Unicycle for $35 USD.Is this a good price?I know that Dube sells them for about $100 but I also know Dube is over ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,805    Replies: 6
"I saw on a show one time (I think it was Trigger Happy TV) a street performer who was rolling a ball about 9" in diameter around his arms and body. Not really sure what it would be cal..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,832    Replies: 2
"http://people.tamu.edu/~mtw3530/gallery/firestaff/fire_halberd_page.htmlhad another yearning. need to add wick, give it the ol smoke test. it spins ok/good, the staff isn't perfectly st..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,988    Replies: 2
"hey yallthat thread by cassandra got me interested in some fire fans. so 2 days and a couple hours (!! little did i expect) later. here we are: http://people.tamu.edu/~mtw3530/gallery/..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,556    Replies: 6
"are there any tips anyone can give me for learning 5 balls. at the moment i am just try to throw all 5 and catch them in the opposite han d at this point i can do this 1 in 10. but i ca..."
Views: 2,679    Replies: 0
"I went to a sailing shop today and bought 2mm diameter nylon coated rubber cord, then attached it to two diabolo sticks and hoped for the best.Wow. Crazy.Doesn't play like normal diabol..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,087    Replies: 3
"Hi all.This year my drama class is putting a rendition of Romeo and Juliet, we wanted to have Juliet sitting on a trapeze like swing hung from the roof in one scene. I was wondering if ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,388    Replies: 5
"Just thought I'd say hi as am new to HOP. Have checked out the devilstick.de page, some great tricks there. However i noticed there are hardly any hand stick throwing tricks, over ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,214    Replies: 5
"myself and ivan are trying to build stilts and i am tryying to work out how to atach fire to the bottom of the stilts (ivan is also working on a 8 foot staff)any one had any experience ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,327    Replies: 11
"I was at the circus oz the other day and i saw one of these wheels they look really good specially when there on fire.does any1 know where i can order one or other circus equipment.thx"
Last Reply by
Views: 6,621    Replies: 4
"G'evening people.I thought I'd start this thread specifically for fire diabolo's.... or 'diablo if you'd prefere. Anyone know of any really eye catching moves, specifically throws? Al..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,725    Replies: 8
"Hey all, Took some movies of firewhip in the parking lot last night. Thought I would share one with this crowd before putting them up on my website:http://www.fireninja.com/fireballs.mo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,946    Replies: 1
"Fire juggling rings.Is it possible? Has anyone ever seen anything like this?You can buy fire balls & Club/torches – can you get rings?I was thinking of some sort of wire rings with w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,803    Replies: 1
"Can someone please tell me what meteors and devil sticks are....Thanx"
Views: 2,664    Replies: 0
"Hi Malcolm, Are the beaming juggling balls the same as poi beamers but without the loop?I was just curious because the set of poi beamers I have came with a warning saying not to use th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,800    Replies: 2
"hey whatz up guys i just made a new toy and wow! once i had the hang of these things they rock i can combine my staff moves and poi moves and to make this a totaly uniqe toy and it look..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,498    Replies: 13
"Just saw Alegria last night *sigh* and besides the awesome double staff fire dance, the hula hooping girl took my notice, particularly when she promptly ended her act with some windmill..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,672    Replies: 2
"You can use the meteors, like a staff and also hold the rope at 2 points in the center and use poi moves w/them. It's interesting. I've just started using rope and I like it. I've le..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,540    Replies: 2
"OK... AFTER searching on meteors, it seems that there's some hesitant interest and lots of frustration...I have been practicing intensively with them for a week now. They are amazing. I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,843    Replies: 7
"Lately iv'e been playing with glow-chuks. strings with a stick at each end. (I use short strings for this) it makes a very cool display when you do basic poi moves!! If anyone knows som..."
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter