Forums > Other Toys

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 3,027    Replies: 2
"ok not tried these yet but the idea is there so if anyone else has done this and they've got info let it flow baby.....So you got sock poi, juggling ball in one end knot in the other. B..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,201    Replies: 15
"Does anyone wknow of any websites/online shops that I can buy a staff from? I'm new to spinning, My friend (someone has to be) Mech introduce me to staff but I only have a mop! With mop..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,752    Replies: 3
"has anyone played with gyroscopes and fire??? was thinking might be a nice backdrop if you had some wheels lit up that were spinning and if you only held one side of the axel then they ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,318    Replies: 3
"Thinking bout getting a unicycle but not really sure wot to look for. What size wheel is best? I'm bout 5"8'. Anyone no any good sites? "
Last Reply by
Views: 8,044    Replies: 10
"Has anyone ever made their own set of Fire Devilsticks from scratch? I'd like to make a pair, but i want the first set to be ideal, none of that experimentation "
Last Reply by
Views: 6,807    Replies: 32
"Ok just posted this in my intro thread but though it should be here so a quick copy/paste and shazzam.......I was thinking today, (yes that was the noise) if I get a special link (that ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,100    Replies: 5
"since i dont have any money, and have alot of hemp, i made myself some hemp poi strings. they are in the spinning braid(you my have seen that braid on necklaces) anyway, the strings are..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,061    Replies: 2
" Anyone got any tips for makin fire whips, or fire ropes. Got Kevlar rope but can't think of how to attach a handle...any suggestions? "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,372    Replies: 6
"I was sent this today by someone . I'm thinking about getting 2. I'm having a hard time visualising what moves I'd try, the first time I'd pick them up though (assuming I bought them)..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,449    Replies: 5
"Greetings and Warm Hugs to all, especially Pele...It's been a long time since my last visit to HoP, as I'm not really a twirler (though one day, maybe...) The closest I've ever really c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,650    Replies: 23
"Ok, Im in band in school, yes I know dork, but I play bass. Durring marching season I cant walk around playing bass so I joined G2. G2 is guy guard, in guy guard we spin guns. If any of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,793    Replies: 8
"Has anyone tried this? I'm talking up where the air gets thin and you have to acclimatise... Any diffferent fuels/properties? I assume it's much more tiring but what about burning where..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,915    Replies: 2
"I connected both of my 18" poi chains together tonight, ending up with ~50" of length after handles, tennis ball, and quick connects. This is fun.It's like a mini ropedart. not quite lo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,097    Replies: 7
"I was just messin around with my comets and i was thinking, hey what if i set this on fire Do you think i'd work if you made actual fire comets, that is a wick with a kevlar tail?Eh jus..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,599    Replies: 23
"Hey I remember once a while ago someone said they made a pair of fire "glowsticks", or just long thin cathedral wicks. I cant find the thread so I might as well just ask again.Im lookin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,642    Replies: 16
"Basicly Me and afew other bristol spinners are trying to put together a fire show, at one point in the show someone needs to be traped in a circle of fire which will burn for about 2-3..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,415    Replies: 4
"Just looking for some top notch contact juggling vids. Ive seen some from contactjuggling.org and they're cool and all but Im looking for stuff from the pros. You know, like the Nick ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,312    Replies: 3
"ok...so ive just learnt to juggle with 3 balls and can managed about to the 8th throw before it all goes to rat-$hit. But ive noticed on my balls that they are losing their shape. I hav..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,745    Replies: 20
"Well, I've been pondering about these for a long time... Emei piercers are an ancient chinese weapon which consist basically of a metal rod, with a spike on each end, a pivot in the mid..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,309    Replies: 5
"Anyone heard of them? I got them for my birthday but only just looked at the homepage. If you're interested, Juggling With A Twist's homepage They're referred to as glowstick twistersM..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,491    Replies: 9
"My boyfriend just made me a pair of super neat fire fans...i'm just kind of clueless as to how to use them. Any ideas, suggestions, thoughts? Any info would be great...I can't find an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,167    Replies: 17
"Heya folks hope all is well in your twirly abodes...I do a little bit of contact juggling (badly) but have been having heaps of fun mixing it with 'normal' toss juggling. I've been mos..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,976    Replies: 13
"Check out these babys!!!!!!!! http://www.powerskip.de/photogallery.html Have a look at the MPEGS of these things in action Does any one know anything about them, Reviews,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,056    Replies: 9
"Anyone know any websites to get circus equipment from i.e silks trapezes etc. i' ve been looking around and haven't been able to find any thanks"
Last Reply by
Views: 6,140    Replies: 26
"So searching for contact jugglers, (sphere minipulation) just started myself about half a year ago and am now completly completly hooked, hav'nt really picked up much poi and staff in t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,096    Replies: 3
"Hey, I was just thinking the other day, FIRE KITE, has it been done, or could it be done?I guess it would cost a lot of money to make it work... and it would be fairly dangerous, but it..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,288    Replies: 1
"Juss braggin a li'l Haven't had much time to post since the Siva Afi Fireknife Competition in Apia, Samoa......holidays, hurricanes, and such.But......gotta tell someone.......my 14 y..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,175    Replies: 5
"im interested in tyring fire fans, id like to branch into other fire arts, but there is no way i could ever afford a pair. anyone make there own, or at least use them? id like some help..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,754    Replies: 37
"WasupIv started fire twirling i do poi but i wonna learn swords. One night i was thinking wat about fire and the sledghammer i was holding and then it hit me fire hammer. get a sledgham..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,350    Replies: 11
"Ok, I might be going mad but where's that club swinging thread gone? Stone? Anyone? Am I gone mad or blind or somthing??I've got fire clubs now "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,116    Replies: 1
"I've been playing with sais lately, great fun and some cool little mechanics and torquing moves you can do with them. Anyone use Sais? Anyone made FIRE sais? If so, how does one go abou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,698    Replies: 5
"Bonjour , was wondering if anyone knew what the new LED sticks werelike. quote: here They seem ok and they're obviously really cheap but would be go..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,658    Replies: 4
"I've asked a few times already, ANYONE know about these???? Sounds very interesting, would like to hear from someone who has played with them...Is there anybody out there????Happy Turke..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,975    Replies: 2
"ne1 ne good, want some tips if poss..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,505    Replies: 13
"I'm lookin at making a pair of Samoan fire knives. Not traditional design, but more like a staff, made out of aluminum tube. I need a little info though:How long should they be? I was t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,467    Replies: 5
" YEAH!!!! My poi staff is finally done, after 2 weeks of design and working on it in my spare time its finally done!!! !!it was VERY difficult to make because of the main part being..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,670    Replies: 5
"Does anyone know where I can buy a set of Indian or exercise clubs in New Zealand?I gather plastic sets are available and that would be fine for a start. I'm after something to try out,..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,495    Replies: 7
"ok ppl...lets see what you got"
Views: 1,879    Replies: 0
"Howdy folks, Posting again to see if anyone can tell me about Harmonic Whirlies. Pretty cool? And can you spin them or what? If anyone can give a little info I would really appreciate ..."
Views: 3,122    Replies: 0
"aight ppls this thread is for more advance meteor pplsjust warning you trying this wrap has givin me about 10 black eyes....anywaysbasicly u do a butterfly right, then you move your han..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,001    Replies: 3
" This is a brief FAQ on the art of double devil sticking using the 'X' pattern.It is rarely seen, but well worth learning.This FAQ is an overview, focusing on points which I have found ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,609    Replies: 1
"So, I got a pair of the swivel flags off of HoP. Flags are pretty and swivels seemed like they'd help my poi -> flag transition. Especially since I can't find advice *anywhere* on ho..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,742    Replies: 21
"first off i made meself a pair w\ 2 shoelaces tied in loops to glowsticks kinda like you do w\poi cept i put a slip knot between the 2 so while im spinnin i can change the length down t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,162    Replies: 11
"Has anyone ever played with meteors before? Do they handle like poi?? I want to buy a set of chinese meteor hammers to practice with but i am unsure of how similar they handle as oppose..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,235    Replies: 7
"ok, i have created a new poi that i haven't heard of yet, i will have pix for it soon, but if you want to have them, you will HAVE TO make them yurselF.TAKE A DOG LEASH, CUT THE CHAIN I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,100    Replies: 5
"I just made my two sets and I just wanted to say how amazingly sweet they are. 15" of 1" aluminum per handle with 4" wick on the bottom 4, and a 3" chain... they are weighted almost ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,738    Replies: 4
"ok recently ive been workin on a new style thats a cross between staff and fire whips. i can do a little bit of both but i was wondering if anybody did this because then it wouldnt be a..."
Views: 2,027    Replies: 0
"anyone out there who d sticks in exeter or bristol who would like to meet up as i am running out of motivation and the web sites do not make much sense to me "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,062    Replies: 1
"I have a 14 foot texas bullwhip, I'm OK with it, not spectacular, nut OK.antone else do anything like that around here?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,462    Replies: 2
"right ive seen people doing this, and i would like some more information.what ive seen people doing is rolling balls around there body in fluid gracefull sorts of motions, i think it lo..."
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter