Forums > Introductions

Login/Join to Participate
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 779    Replies: 12
"Hello everyone!I've just been introduced to spinning by my partner and must say I'm hooked! Infact I've hardly put my poi down since I picked them up on saturday. Progress was initi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 462    Replies: 6
"Hello all. I have been a professional fireperformer for three years. I make custom toys and enjoy talking to people who are not pumped to full of their own egos. I am capable of using m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 548    Replies: 7
"New to the site.I've been breathing fire for almost a year and I'm a suspension performer.I hope to make some good contacts so I have people to breath with and possibly learn some new t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 664    Replies: 19
"hey all i hope things are cooli have absolutely no idea what to write so, i will just post some random stuff, but iam open to answer any questions.i class myself to be a realy mad, insa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 718    Replies: 13
"hey everyone, my name is Aaron and I'm new to poi. I hope this forum will be very useful for learning poi. =) "
Last Reply by
Views: 575    Replies: 8
"himy name is lauren...just wondering where there are fire twirling etc groups or clubs i can join?? i am in london, and travelling by tube. hope someone can help!cheerslauren "
Last Reply by
Views: 470    Replies: 5
" Oh yes...hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii everyone phyre is g..."
Last Reply by
Views: 543    Replies: 7
"hey! my name is erika, but everyone calls me K*. this is my first post. i'm not good at introducing myself, so i'm going to go read other people's intros now and hopefully make new frie..."
Last Reply by
Views: 375    Replies: 10
"hi im david and im from south shields in the uk, im still quite new to poi, only been doin it about 2 months but i think im doin quite well for what i have learnt in a very short space ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 392    Replies: 7
"I've been a lurker here for a bit... I actually found the site when looking for some info on shooting pics of fire poi. A friend of mine is in a group and asked if I wanted to come che..."
Last Reply by
Views: 280    Replies: 1
"I'm looking for firespinners(artists), musicians, and multimedia artists to collaberate with in LA. I do poi fire eating and Chainwhip/RopeDart poi. Most of my training came from FlamCh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 383    Replies: 7
"Hello everyone... some of you may know me as munchkin from other boards but my nickname was taken already... after several years of visiting this site, I thought it was time to make mys..."
Last Reply by
Views: 507    Replies: 9
"hello everyone...well im not very new to the forum but i havent been here for a long time now.. i recently moved to bristol and am wondering who is out there playing with toys i spin p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 565    Replies: 14
"Hi to everyone out there,my first post here!! yay!!, have been lurking for quite some time taking in all the information you all have to bring I am a staff twirler, never gotten the han..."
Last Reply by
Views: 485    Replies: 9
"Ten random facts: Last thing I ate: packet of salt and vinegar crisps. Last thing I drank: Coca Cola. I'm an addict. I need help. In my CD player: B.P. Empire by Infected Mushroom (..."
Last Reply by
Views: 393    Replies: 7
"gday everyone im jst saying hi to averyone out there coz i want to talk to some other people who also do poi and staff twirling.... i dont have any mates who do it coz they are all to ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 504    Replies: 13
" Hiya everybody!!!!!! i stumbled on HoP and i like it, i like it a lot. So i've decided to take up poi . It would be in addition to unicycling, juggling, and ukulele playing. Whe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 628    Replies: 15
"Hi, I'm Natasha and I'm new here. I'm 16 and from Jersey. I'm into martial arts, especially the weapon forms, which is what got me into contact staff. I'm not very good but I practic..."
Last Reply by
Views: 342    Replies: 5
"Well, im only a youngin at 17 but my 18th in September shall be good. i have been fire twirling with a staff for about a year and now trying to get more contact tricks down. i live in a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 422    Replies: 6
"I've been reading the forums on and off for a while, but haven't gotten around to joining until now. So Hi!I've been spinning for almost a year - currently playing with four poi (I've o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 280    Replies: 5
"I'm new to H.O.P, and fairly new to spinning (firestaff). Is anyone else also travelling around australia, and currently on the westcoast? Anyways, Hi to everybody!!!! "
Last Reply by
Views: 715    Replies: 15
"and im new in the uk! any poi guys and girls in manchester? "
Last Reply by
Views: 447    Replies: 9
"New people we love em can't get enough of em! LoL! Now that I've proved myself a dork..just nod and smile. A few things about me, truthfully I don't spin but I know people who do and wo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 343    Replies: 6
"Just wanted to say hi! I'm 18 years old from Upstate New York, and I've been spinning poi for almost a year... and hopefully i'll continue 'til i'm old and gray! "
Last Reply by
Views: 405    Replies: 12
"Ok... introduction... erm... My names Jenny, im 17, Im a singer, but i love my guitar and bass also!.. I like pretty much any kind of music- Rock, Folk, Classical, Jazz…etcWent to Gla..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,768    Replies: 31
"Hello at last!I have been mooching around this forum for a few weeks since sunbeam and a few other fellow spinners from Canterbury told me about it, but have never quite managed to post..."
Last Reply by
Views: 302    Replies: 4
"using other intro post "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,494    Replies: 30
" Hello, I have just registered on this site, so hello to everyone! I am Sam and live in the land of Chaves aka, Canterbury. Hello Jon *Cutesy Onion Feeler* who got me into poi. Well..."
Last Reply by
Views: 837    Replies: 20
"hello..my names ivet and i love dancing with poi,fire poi!I just started to do contact juggling and im interested about staff...hope ill get here a lot of good friends to write and play..."
Last Reply by
Views: 562    Replies: 8
"But hey im grace, been doing poi for abut a year since last summer. Been prectising aot for the summer cause poi looks wicked on a beach. Some guy for a tv company filmed me doing it l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 544    Replies: 13
"Hi. I'm new! Been looking at this site for a while so figured I should actually join and be able to participate...woooo!....taking part!!!I'm from Leicester but don't hold it against m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 514    Replies: 17
"hi,,,, i'm Francesca, i live in Bournemouth and am just starting out so i don't really know anyone but am looking forward to meeting some new people and having some fun! cheers..... "
Last Reply by
Views: 1,088    Replies: 33
"Just a quick intro.Bill is a Medical Scientist in Biochemistry.This is boring as bat &lbr;censored&rbr; (until you realize bat &lbr;censored&rbr; can make a cool explosive). Bill is ma..."
Last Reply by
Views: 234    Replies: 3
"Hi everyone. I am 29 years old and new to the site. I have always loved Poi and have wanted to learn for years. I know that I am going to enjoy being here. Well that is about it. "
Last Reply by
Views: 456    Replies: 13
"No really, that's exactly what I meant. I'm loving contact to the point of forgetting how to twirl. And none of the staffers I've met here in los Angeles have ever even really seen cont..."
Last Reply by
Views: 366    Replies: 10
"I'm Mattthats just about all you need to knowI've been using poi for years, and fire poi for 6 monthshey people "
Last Reply by
Views: 585    Replies: 13
"Sharing knowledge, Fuels etc, Oh and South Africans, especially, talk to me. "
Last Reply by
Views: 305    Replies: 3
"want to earn money in your spare time!!!!!! private message me and I'll explain the whole thing. "
Last Reply by
Views: 614    Replies: 7
"Me and two of my mates are heading down to cornwall for the summer to relax,party do some poi to forget about the gcse's. Is anyone else going down that knows cool places to spin and pa..."
Last Reply by
Views: 433    Replies: 9
"Hey! im nous, im 19 years old, im from monterrey mexico, i suscribed to the page about a year ago but i haven't entered since then, well whay ever you need, what ever you would like to ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 537    Replies: 16
" muhahahahaallo there i be a newbie and oh damn the door just blew open hang on, otayAs i'm sure you've deduced it's rather blustery here on da' rock ( aka Newfoundland, Canada)I'm..."
Last Reply by
Views: 393    Replies: 6
"A SORT ONE TO SEE IF THIS WORKS.SEE YA AND PLAY SAFE "
Last Reply by
Views: 438    Replies: 6
"hi I'm Palinor and I am new to the art of poi and staff. I am teaching myself a bit of poi moves that I have picked up but my interest has also steared towards learning staff. Does anyo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 628    Replies: 14
"Hello I am Ailla from Greece and i like playing poi.I am very very social I talk a lot and I like music very very much!I study maths in an island called Samos.Greetings to all, nice to..."
Last Reply by
Views: 609    Replies: 9
"hi i do poi "
Last Reply by
Views: 572    Replies: 5
"i just got myself logged in and i'm really not very technical so i'm not even sure if i am where i want to be.....anywho-what i'd like to know is peoples general theories on fire poi,ch..."
Last Reply by
Views: 480    Replies: 7
"I am new to the art of poi and have fallen deeply, madly in love. I have met some wonderful people via various burningman groups and some of them are awesome spinners/fire dancers. Th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 266    Replies: 5
"hello there! the greetings email's suggestion to post an introduction didn't seem like a bad idea. basically i'm 23, a recent college grad, and live in san francisco where i get to list..."
Last Reply by
Views: 369    Replies: 5
"Hi - this isnt really a introduction - as i did that months ago....but i have just moved from the UK to Frankfurt in Germany, and i am eager to know if there is much of poi culture her..."
Last Reply by
Views: 356    Replies: 7
"Hi pplI was told to rite a few words to introduce myself when i regursted (sp?) so here it goesIm a 18yr old gurl from dunedin but im living in invers doing a massage course and recentl..."

HOP Newsletter