Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Views: 1,699    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 8,818    Replies: 27
"ok, fish tails i can do, but only one handed fowards of the right hand side.......and im having problems with them, i can only get a max of about 5beats till it goes wrong?!?any advice ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,623    Replies: 27
"Lets bring some Poi terms over here Anybody played with these? The 5 beat one can achieve by using a fingerspin and the same hand motion like in a 5 beat Poi weave. Turning offers even..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,756    Replies: 2
"Im not sure whether this move has already been posted probably the way this sit eis going but i was messing around in the back yard just spinning and i was doing a double figure 8 when ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,106    Replies: 10
"so, i was just browsing through the double staff matrix thread, and a fantastical revelation struck me..could one do a double staff pinwheel where both staffs are going in the same dire..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,125    Replies: 1
"To Whom it May Concern, As some of you might know, i am being an idiot right now with this letter form... so, i just wanna get a few ideas for new contact moves i can try out.. ben-j..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,097    Replies: 2
"Does anyone know any links to sites with good tutorials on staff being used as a weapon?I do jujitsu and my mate has just orderred 2 swords to dual wield, im getting jelous lol and want..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,251    Replies: 29
"alrghty, this week im gonna get myself a new staffso basically, id like some advice on what i should look for.I'd like something relatively thin (or thin enough so I can do finger twirl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 18,883    Replies: 45
"I'm reasonably new at spinning my stick and I've developed a method of twirling hand over hand... It's similar to the method shown in Xaeda's staff animations, but it's not the same.. I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,453    Replies: 11
"ive just baught a couple of staffs to learn doublesi need a good site with tutorial vids or decriptions of tricks i could try to get me started....anyone know any"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,239    Replies: 7
"Hey all,I'm new 2 all this i was with a mate the other week and he was fire twirling and i would really like to get into it I'm gunna get about $200 australia 2 spend and was thinkin of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,935    Replies: 38
"you can do them continuously when you are really drunk with your eyes closed "
Last Reply by
Views: 4,008    Replies: 7
"hullo all!there 2 things ive been reflecting about...1. clothing.when generally practiciing around in my backyard, i prefer contact staff with no shirt simply because i find its infinit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,217    Replies: 6
"I got my glowstaff in the mail today from HoP But I have a question. It's a lot lighter than I'm used to for spinning. Any ideas on how to make it a little "heavier" without ruini..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,598    Replies: 15
"Hi guys and girls,First let me introduce myself.I'm a poispinning nut from Holland and have been hooked on it since forever. But I also want to learn the staff and I was wondering if yo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,897    Replies: 15
"why not try my all new spinbo-locks?i'll tell you!uniquely designed by thirtytwo of the wolrds best marital artists, my spinbo-locks are uniquely designed to make YOU a better spinner! ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,781    Replies: 13
"anyone knows some good two person moves? (ÂŻ`‹ž·Ž¯)PÕÍ § ßØÌ(ÂŻ`·ž‹Ž¯) "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,506    Replies: 9
"i like it i like it lots ive been playing with both going reverse lots and also started playing with one forward and one reverse while trying to keep them parallel oooooooooh its so har..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,826    Replies: 22
"Word,now I'll be the first to admit I'm more likely to nail myself in the head than nail any slick moves but I was wondering if any one had ever tried a staff made from bamboo?Don't hav..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,698    Replies: 38
"Minutes of the first meeting of the dead spinners society.In attendance: mcp, mo-seph, ben-ja-menAgenda1) Double staff form, sets 1 and 22) Hoodie wearing3) Intense staring4) Video came..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,543    Replies: 17
"Does anyone here have the Inner core fire 3 piece staff?Is it good?I am seriously considering getting one, as I'd like a staff which can break down, but also has a fibreglass core."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,794    Replies: 7
"For a long time I'm searching for a staff that is acctualy good for what I'm doing.I'm coming from the martial arts stuff, and I'm staying there, so the staff I'm looking for is not wha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,865    Replies: 16
"There is a 'Live in the park' thing happening on Friday 19th Nov, and I know one person who firetwirls staff, we're not close or anything, but we know that each other firetwirl. He came..."
Last Reply by
Views: 40,253    Replies: 117
"well well well, you staffers should be ashamed .. .. i was having a gawk at the various threads and it struck me that is no (nor has there recently been) any sign of a forum concer..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,248    Replies: 3
"i was browsing through some staff moves and realised that ppl are talking about palm spins as if its like adding 2 and 2.. well, i disagree... im having some serious trouble with it.. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,316    Replies: 32
"ok here is my problem... i cant find anything else to learn with staff. i think i am going to double staffs next.but my need is not satisfide with single staff yet but i have looked eve..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,366    Replies: 31
"Hi All,I am looking at buying my first staff how do i decide which one is best for me I.E lenth weight ETC could someone please give some advice.Ta Ollie"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,090    Replies: 14
"Hi there.I'm trying to learn now the palm spin (to leave the staff spinning on the open palm), I can do it, about 3 spins until it goes down.and also behind the back, but with less succ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,036    Replies: 5
"it may sound scary but i cant do palm spins. ne one got ne good tips n tricks!"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,330    Replies: 12
"I've been working alone for half a year with one long staff, I learned all the tricks I saw on videos, and then I twisted them to form new tricks.I think I got to a real high level with..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,857    Replies: 2
"sorry guys I just couldn't resist the temptation to open a new thread for this trick . I discovered it a few days ago and it is so stupidly simple but it looks amaaaazing .simply take ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,812    Replies: 4
"I've been training a long time with staff and poi as a weapon (stuiped video soon!) and now im looking for new styles for staff, so I will be getting my three sectional staff in a month..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,109    Replies: 44
"....And move analysisA thread where we can run through all the clips and log all the Funky moves or ninja stick or contact stick sequences please post brief description of move and clip..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,113    Replies: 1
"Hey allAnyone here know of any regular fire meets etc which are in Melbourne or Hobart, Australia?I'm looking at learning some new moves and seeing other peoples techniques because I'm ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,388    Replies: 3
"I have a video of the hyperloop stuff and this weave thing in a weird timing. It is syncopated...I want to see if anyone has done this stuff so that I may become more proficient in its ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,849    Replies: 9
"Hello all,I have been lurking in the background here following the staff discussions for a while now. I thought I might chime in with an idea . I think the Poi move is called a Hyperlo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,987    Replies: 1
"Okay I'm a newbie to the site, and I've been doing fire twirling with poi for about a year and a half and the staff for , well about 6 months, and I have recently found this great thing..."
Last Reply by
Views: 17,457    Replies: 96
"well, im over halfway through going through every contact thread every made on HoP, and on the way to organising all the links in one convenient thread for everyone from newbies to gods..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,290    Replies: 31
"I've been doing a lot of double staff juggling and used some siteswap terms to describe the throws. For those not familiar with siteswap, in short it's used by jugglers to describe the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,850    Replies: 14
"I guess some of you have saw videos of Chris Mark, or Chan, or Team Ryouko. Chris is the "staff guy" of this xma team, and he does many moves that has something to do with fighting.Afte..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,690    Replies: 20
"First I want to start off with a counterclockwise figure-8 on the right side. Then on the upspin (thumb leading) bring up hand to shoulder. As the staff hits your shoulder release staf..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,413    Replies: 7
"hey guys, im playing around with a whole series of horizontal contact staff stuff - i understand most of the moves and what i need to do - but one always eludes me.i can half & quar..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,546    Replies: 28
"if you take one sheet of newspaper and roll up along the diagonal - what do you have? the perfect practice staff for work if you take two sheets and roll them up (individually) then wha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,587    Replies: 4
"I've been looking around for the mentioned Staff Lessons on the main site, and I just can't find it. I know I must have passed it over and over again and just keep missing it. Could any..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,998    Replies: 16
"so ive been trying to go from a neck spin to head spin and have managed it a hand ful of times from looooooooooooooots of trys, my problem is that cos its a neck spin i cant see the sta..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,160    Replies: 16
"stolen idea for thread drom other thread entitled 'signature moves' or some such... and was gently ribbed(in passing) by none other than the great bender...; so i thought i'd open up th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 20,912    Replies: 58
"Alrite, i say this come up OT on another thread and i've been trying and trying but i can't seem to get it going. Can it be done with a staff? has anyone tried or can anyone do it? Star..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,104    Replies: 14
"ok instead of doing the standard spin in the lessons section iv started doing my own thing, and i just want to know if i shud keep the habit, basically im wrapping round one hand and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,114    Replies: 32
"Anything insane related to staff then whack it here!One thing I can think off to get it started is doing an entire routine whilst standing on a tight rope.Now that is one hell of a test..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,301    Replies: 7
"i've been told by friends that do catering that a lot of catering companies have been using fire dancers recently for entertainment at company dinners and functions and that sort of thi..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter