Forums > Beginner Staff Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 4,294    Replies: 6
"so i would like to start with the staff....and i need something for the beginning..are there any advices for making a beginners staff...with what did u all start..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,326    Replies: 25
"I'm thinking about re-wicking my 4 footers or maybe just building new 5 footers. I want LOTS of fire though.Obviously this takes a lot of wick so trying to figure out how I'm going to d..."
Last Reply by
Views: 49,608    Replies: 82
"humm, so tennis grips lose their grip after a while, damned things......so today i covered my grips with silicon sealent, and now.......mmm they are lovley, nice and bouncy, but in a co..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,586    Replies: 3
"sorry if i seem ignorant,but all the banter back and forth has still left me unsure(which i hate;-)-when im ready to stop using my staff, what do i dunk it in to put it out? it would se..."
Last Reply by
Views: 131,273    Replies: 429
"I thought i would start a thread for people interested in fire staff juggling,i am really interested to see any videos of people throwing two or more staffs,and in particular anyone tak..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,123    Replies: 1
"So I have been doing poi for a while and decided to turn to the dark side. And what really interests me about the staff is doing contact. I have been looking at the tutorials here and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,077    Replies: 17
"This is rather annoying. So I'm practicing tosses and one thing I'm noticing with staff is that since I no longer have the drag of a flag to help me, I'm having a really hard time on m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,020    Replies: 1
"I was spinning with our firegroup Tuliryhmä Palonen today and we invented this new style of quadruple spinning and named it mosquito-style. Lots of possibilities to do some good spinni..."
Last Reply by
Views: 40,604    Replies: 86
"I merely give you the site adress and leave the decision up to youhttp://www.robertheart.comthe man, the myth, the legend, the heart"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,608    Replies: 14
"Sorry if this has been discussed before. I did search twice, then got bored with the amount of times people have said "Make a staff using a broomstick."So, last night I made myself a "c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,421    Replies: 18
"Well after an unpleasently brief wonderfull visit from Cassandra, I walked away with a fat lip (I have been punched in the face a few times but damn that staff hurt really bad!) and..."
Last Reply by
Views: 35,869    Replies: 104
"It's 2007, so what are your goals for this year? I'm not real sure what mine are yet, I'll come back and edit this when I know them, but I do know a couple for sure: go to uberparis, an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,921    Replies: 5
"I was just about to post my videos of the double staff weaves and stuff...and then I recieved my copy of COL 5....and the dude spinning double staff poi style does what I was talking ab..."
Last Reply by
Views: 12,568    Replies: 36
"hey hey ive been looking around for quite awhile, and the only staffs i can find are ones which are used with fire, like with wicks where are they??? (as in just a plain staff).....sor..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,664    Replies: 1
"My boyfriend bought me a staff from Neon Husky, the one that breaks down into 3 pieces.It has the glow balls on the ends (very similar to HOP balls but a little more rubbery/soft feelin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,095    Replies: 4
"Got this from my friend Nate.I quite liked it.Edited it to singular.This is my staff.There are many like it, but this one is MINE.My staff is my best friend. It is my life.I must master..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,151    Replies: 4
"So I want to learn staff... badly.I am torn between getting a fire staff, and just learning with that... get a glow staff... I don't know what to get, what size, anything.So... can anyo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,168    Replies: 9
"Hi, I have no formal experience in staff spinning. However, recently I've taught myself some spinning tricks using my devil stick. I had not intended to seriously pursue staff spinnin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,664    Replies: 7
"i have not seen anyone do this or document it, i have seen videos of some amazing spinners but they keep it all upper body and pretty much ignore their legs.would be nice to see some vi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,701    Replies: 15
"My ex boyfriend loved capoeira and I loved juggling.How about capoeira and juggling together?"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,224    Replies: 7
"Hey all - i would like to be good enough to perform by christmas (so i can say ive achieved something in this last year) - i was wondering if somone could suggest some kind of routine....."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,827    Replies: 23
"All the basic fire twirling moves that can be done on your own, can be done into the space of another twirler (assuming you are both well aware of what the other is doing!!)A few of us ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,073    Replies: 3
"Hey, am trying the nunchuku thing (bruce lee style) i found on mcp or feuershow, but cant get the hang of it - should i be using my shoulders as contact or biceps - or even not touching..."
Last Reply by
Views: 14,248    Replies: 47
"personally i just play with the remaining torch until it goes out doing sword forms and such...but i read spme where it is better to extinguish the remaining flameive also seem people j..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,753    Replies: 22
"Is there any place where I can get a contact staff (that does not include threeworlds down at the coast) I had a play with a really nice heavy one this weekend and everything just flowe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,242    Replies: 18
"just had a crazy idea.... has anyone ever used their feet/toes to spin? i just tried and it seems possible with a lot of practice!this could be included in an incredable diverse ro..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,011    Replies: 4
"after having my staff stolen by some kid, and later having my friend find my staff, I noticed my staff got a little bent (to the point the center is able to touch the floor).any advice ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,498    Replies: 11
"so, I've been fooling around now with my nice happy new staff that I have never lit because its winter and the weather sucks, I havnt had a good spin in months because my back has been ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,308    Replies: 3
"Hi evribody!First i'd like to thanx all the people i've met to the ejc for fun,talking,passing,drinking,fire and most important fellings we shared there! 7 days of great inspirations an..."
Views: 2,890    Replies: 0
"MOVED"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,773    Replies: 8
"helo all you staffists,been spinning a bit today after the horrible british summer and have come a bit unstuck. id been spinnin staff for a wile and especially today have found it a bit..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,738    Replies: 5
"I've been practising some new contact moves with my staff and I find my staff bouncing on various body parts, which obviously disrupts the spins (and the move). Is this just a sign of n..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,387    Replies: 8
"So I've been doing staff for a long time... but not on fire. I tried to pick up poi, but my arms simply do NOT want to work with me...but staff is completely different for some reason...."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,835    Replies: 9
"This is my first vid so be gentle Watch me"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,110    Replies: 18
"If anyone remebers the Mummy Returns, just after when the two women are fighting with the sai's, they both pick up some sort of spear and start twirling that. Now what spinning techniqu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,595    Replies: 36
"So I am getting frustrated with poi... love doing it but haven't dedicated myself to it as I want to, no one is teaching me... a plethora of reasons and I just suck.What does this have ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,919    Replies: 44
"I started this thread to open up a discussion on drops and the many different ways to recover from them,From droplines to flick-ups.i think it would be helpful for many of us to share o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,937    Replies: 1
"staff movie, made as an update to keep my staff current.new url soon, uploading edit"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,476    Replies: 10
"They have been up for a little while now but i've just moved servers and realised i hadn't posted these in the staff section so here you are contact tutorials from inspinerate.www.inspi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 16,043    Replies: 56
"Recently i've gotten into Jo staffs. as currect I own a 4ft red oak Jo staff, anyone else interested in combat with staff's here?"
Views: 3,429    Replies: 6
"bend your head back as far as you can and place the staff on your chin (parallel to the ground) next roll it into an upper lip balance (pucker up) gently nudge it up and onto the bridge..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,512    Replies: 12
"if you practice contact staff enough it is possible to do single staff with handcuffs on.I don't have enough points to post the picture"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,595    Replies: 13
"I recently picked up a katana. I've been doing some basic stuff with it and was thinking of adapting a few fire staff tricks to it. Anybody else done this? any advice?"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,364    Replies: 10
"Doubles Anti-Spin / Isolation Grips (holding patterns.) Time to get to knitty gritty with thumb end and pinky ends... EurghThe thumb end is the end the thumb points to if it were laid f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 21,241    Replies: 91
"a long long time ago...in a internet forum somewhere in zmI was reading the jedi set for poi...then it came to me while i was smoking a cig..... surly staff is move jedi then poi....i ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 40,398    Replies: 84
"So can this be done with staffs as well?I've seen it done with poi enough times and I don't see why not but I've never heard of anyone doing it before and nothing came up when I searche..."
Last Reply by
Views: 21,430    Replies: 64
"apart from whats here on hop and on poi in the park (much thanx to the makers the videos have opened so many doors) i havnt been able to find any other contact twirling info anywhere. m..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,586    Replies: 8
"Well I've been working on spinning to the left just regular.....yea, I suck and can only spin to the right where it looks normal....anyways, I've been noticing I wrap it around my hand ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,931    Replies: 16
"Right ive got the foward fishtail down, but just cant get they reverse fishtail to work at all ! its just not happening cant seem to get my head round it, anyone got any tips ??"
Last Reply by
Views: 5,904    Replies: 25
"I just started staffing, currently ive got a 4 foot staff that im practicing with. Ive noticed that it gets tiring really quick, and I was wondering if there is a training regiment anyo..."
Page: ...

HOP Newsletter