Forums > Beginner Staff Moves

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 2,511    Replies: 5
"An I dea has just struck me at work that I would love to try, and thought some of you may be interested in.I am a Devil Sticker primarily, but as I have recently moved on to fire, I hav..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,441    Replies: 11
"Hi i have been doing staff for about a year now, and Im good at what i can do, i recently went to the reading festival and i met i guy who was doing contact staff and i was bl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,501    Replies: 22
"hi folks out thereI was at my first juggling convention ever in waldmünchen , a town in bavaria and who was there ? robert heart we had a nice time and I tested his spin bo's ..Is th..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,295    Replies: 4
"fun fun fun... try it!spec with doubles- get the poi isolation effect cept better cos 1 its with staff and 2 its got two flames.tim gets credit for the idea (although I'm sure other peo..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,032    Replies: 16
"Hi guys... new here... nice to meet you all! So here goes... I'm looking for some feed back concerning the fine art of trying to manipulate 12 ft of stick. Just to clarify I'm pretty ad..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,472    Replies: 8
"hi all, i have been practicing poi for a while and now have taken up staff as well. i have a question, or more like two!with the two handed spin i get the gist of rolling it from thumb ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,801    Replies: 8
"Well quite frankly thats not fair..http://www.worldsbaton2002.com/ Any of you lot watched the vids on this site..i mean damn...Anyway while trying to do only as what i c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,145    Replies: 11
"Hi guysThings going prety good with staff practice, learnt the horizontal turn the other day.Just a queary, with the shoulder role or adding an extra spin behind the back with side figu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,681    Replies: 14
"whilst at ejc, i went to buy a drink, leaving a fully functioning 1.45m blue/blue staff in full working order at a table next to loads of mates. when i came back it was broken.... appar..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,282    Replies: 2
"hello, i am writing an article about staff and i would like some more information about the history of its use in street performing. any info would be great.thanks"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,526    Replies: 8
" Hello everyone!!! I am back on the road again and am willing to give lessons or just hook up and spin. I will be going from Winnipeg to Vancouver over the next two months so I will ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,230    Replies: 2
"Can anybody with an Aerotech glostaff assist? Mine showed up today with no manual, the only clue is some code on one end of the staff itself (programming clues, like 1=off, 2=on, etc.)..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,420    Replies: 3
"Greetings to alll...(first post)I've been doing this contact staff stuff for awhile now and am in the process of translating it to dual staff...Anyone got any ideas or moves they could ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,467    Replies: 10
"yeh hi, i stumbled across a somewhat revelation today. in the past i have had trouble getting wick to use on my staff, so it got me thinking.i was sitting in front of the fireplace an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,226    Replies: 1
"Here's a video from my schools circus show and this is a clip of my double staff number.Agon - la femme fatale (5mb)You can find this thread in the videos section where it should be so ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 13,542    Replies: 44
"flatmate & I have reached the stage where we can do a fair bit of contact stuff etc and are now moving onto trying fishtails.It seems pretty damn hard- but as with anything we'll eventu..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,441    Replies: 26
"Hey, does anyone know any transitions to change from double staff weave style moves (both spinning one direction) to butterfly style (spinning opposite direction)?Cos I don't, and I wan..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,444    Replies: 9
"A friend of mine told me about this site, and it's pretty cool. Anyway, I'm really new to all of this, and I've been reading through some of the posts and I was just wondering if anyon..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,873    Replies: 2
"I don't know if this question has been asked before, but could somebody explain step by step to me the 'reverse jedi-knight' move &lbr;by Xaeda&rbr; I've been watching the animation of ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,347    Replies: 4
"inspired by the silliness that went on with adam and his devil stick at spits last week and a game someone else put up on here and watching drew and matt do 3 ball stealing I've decided..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,124    Replies: 16
"Hey i've been trying some moves using 4 staves at the mo. To do it's like doind out of time four ball juggling with high throws.This gives you enough time to spin the other two staves a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,291    Replies: 6
"Hey I'm new to this bb but.... I'm desperatly looking for more and more krazy staff moves, been spinning for 3 years no and I've got no inspiration left, where can I find new moves, I h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,458    Replies: 48
"http://www.ultimatebadass.org/~xclan/ghyslain_razaa.wmvIm not going to describe it. Just watch it and be amused "
Last Reply by
Views: 3,940    Replies: 21
"hi guysjust got a question for you here :what music do you use for swinging ? percussions ? instrumental ? sepultura ( my favourite at the moment ) ? but could u help me to find "better..."
Last Reply by
Views: 10,845    Replies: 55
"I was wondering If any-one out there does double throws to have a bit of a brain pick as I've got just about as far as I can get, ie doubles to single cross coversion and back, under le..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,418    Replies: 27
"Any ideas about how to break in new staff wicks?? (Or poi wicks for that matter...) I have heard long soaks, or short soaks followed by several quick burns....etc...Any thoughts, expe..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,901    Replies: 11
"i have stumbled along a move that most likely already exists, so i'm curious as to what it may be called. the staff stays behind your back the entire time and moves either anti-clockw..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,286    Replies: 4
"Ok welli just got a fir staff with 4 inch wicks on the ends and i need to know how to dipp it.do i have to soak the wick from top to bottom or can i just dip the top half of the wick an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,833    Replies: 3
"Hey everybody,I discovered this as part of a mistake on my behalf but think that it is really valuable to know. I started to learn staff with a super short peice of wood (29 inches) an..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,858    Replies: 36
"i would like to know the best staff size to perform double staff"
Views: 2,271    Replies: 3
"Some amazing person actually found this staff thread buried in the poi moves section.For us old-timers, its a real walk down memeory lane, and for newer members it's probably bloddy hil..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,180    Replies: 2
"aight im putting together a fire performance crew if anybody is interestedi also need some help w\me staff workpm or email me if interested or just make a postu know the drill"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,923    Replies: 8
"We all know but know that there isn't a "right" size of a staff. People of all different sizes twirl staffs of all different sizes and do so quite happily.However I just wanted to know ..."
Views: 9,360    Replies: 35
"hi againi had many shows the last weeks and one of the most frequently questions was :"who teached you all this stuff?"my answer was : "myself , i only learned some few things from the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,281    Replies: 29
"Its been a couple of months since those two little 3ft Nesbits(sp?) where put in my hand by one tall and charming bloke (many know him as Dom;)) anyhow... until PIP they were virgins ne..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,670    Replies: 5
"Hi. I am having troulble find a way to go from vertical moves to horizontal. I am using a staff. Any suggestions. "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,649    Replies: 5
"So ... uh ... anyone ever try to make a beaming poi staff? I did a search and nothing came up about it so I saw no harm in starting a topic. "
Last Reply by
Views: 2,836    Replies: 3
"Hi everyone. I'm new to this particular part of the HOP forums as I only picked up a staff for the first time yesterday, although it appears I am already hooked . Been spinning..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,720    Replies: 7
"man that subject is sooooooo connotatious its not funny...but anywaysis there any particular trend to the length of the staff? Like with poi it should be the length of your arm i believ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,433    Replies: 5
"Any one knows of any place where you can learn staffs in Sweden? I know I can work out alot by my self but it would be great to have some one showing it to...."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,053    Replies: 6
"Well I built myself a new staff that is a little better weighted and won't bend in the middle (my last one just had wood dowel about 2/3 of the way through, leaving the middle open). It..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,289    Replies: 3
"ages ago someone posted a link to a site which had a couple fo finger rolls on it. I didn't care that much for it at the time because i needed to improve in other areas, but now i'm qui..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,453    Replies: 11
" I am thinking in investing in fire staffs. Looks like fun but what makes a good staff?? As i know nothing about it i would appreciate any info, links to good sites with moves or whi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,365    Replies: 3
"Guy and Gals I only started twirling a staff three months ago.I can do a few moves such as all the spinning, helicopter to weedwacker I can do a couple of throws as well right now I'm t..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,011    Replies: 2
"Hey GuysIM getting to the stage now, were im doing the same moves over and over again and im not lerning anything new but at the same time im getting better but more fluent with the mov..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,978    Replies: 1
"OK.... does it have a name.I guess its been done before but...............Double staffs connected to your wrists with short bits of rope (10cm). Two of those swivel bits to counter the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,625    Replies: 2
"Hello everyone!I am a new user to HOP and I am looking for more help and inspiration with staff moves. I have played with staff for a few years in martial arts, and have taken to fire ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,310    Replies: 11
"hey hey twirlersmmmmmmm.... just recently i have tried throwing my stick in mid figure of 8 (if you understand me) and decided it works best if you do th throws either side of you as it..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,578    Replies: 14
"Ok, this is my first post here, but I've been watching this board for a few months now, and have already gotten pretty good with all the video moves I've seen from this site, as well as..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,284    Replies: 13
"Anyone tried passing staffs? I've practised it a lot recently with my flatmate in bristol(uk) & its pretty cool (and lethal! ), either one or two at a time. There are masses of com..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter