Forums > Technical Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 4,498    Replies: 7
"I'm trying to make a set of fire fans. So far i have the stainless steel constructon all done with 5 metal prongs on each fan. I've used 4mm dia stainless steel rods and now that i've c..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,792    Replies: 4
"ok i saw some led poi called eye poi they have a program where they can spell words in the spin from how they arrange the leds but havent seen anything on them being available for purch..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,538    Replies: 12
"Okay so I have some questions on how to trick out some toys.#1) I want to make my fire fan heads fatter so they'll hold more fuel. Can I just take kevlar and wrap over the existing head..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,336    Replies: 3
"I saw this at a festival in MA. Some guy had fire snakes, but they were more like cords than snakes. They were really long and went really fast and were really thin. They burned blue/gr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,485    Replies: 6
"This is my new fire poi. Everything but the quick links and chain is from HOP. Will be getting Single loop pro series handles soon, honestly I thought that's what I ordered but I guess ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,287    Replies: 2
"any recommendations for the best way of keeping your acrylic balls in good condition? I've looked around at various methods of looking after them, think a polishing wheel might be the w..."
Views: 5,996    Replies: 3
"Hi, I'm looking into getting palm torches similiar to the ones imakokode uses in this video:anyone know where i can get those?or any tips on making them, recommended designs etc.?"
Last Reply by
Views: 7,494    Replies: 19
"The other day I bought a katana. Was bored, watching Rouroni Kenshin and said to myself "That looks cool, I want one". So now I'm all hooked on sword play too.Anyway, I also have a bokk..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,058    Replies: 2
"hi,im looking to a buy my first fire fan, i was wondering whether a large fan would be too big for me, im about 5'5. i really like the look of the large ones but if they end up being to..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,776    Replies: 23
"D: FOR PRACTISING ONLY, REQUIRE AVERAGE WEIGHT BALANCE ABILITY AND CONTROL.(thx Dad)Well, look like this:(mirror)-'Pro' practise Poi with 2.75'' crystall ball inside.The Knot constructi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,916    Replies: 8
"So I recently constructed these poi out of very common resources. I'm still working on my design a bit. Here's some photos to help explain!The poi head is clear plastic tubing from the ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,002    Replies: 4
"Hi all,I'm trying to make a set of flag poi for a gift, and all the instructions I've found seem to use ball chain. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find big enough ball chain in my..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,692    Replies: 4
"which is a better staff? i know that each staff, its weight, and its lenghth is all a personal thing for a person but im curious which of these staffs is better(durability..number of l..."
Last Reply by
Views: 14,889    Replies: 40
"Hello, I'm new here, so sorry if I did something wrong . I have phosphorescent string poi and I would like something more entertaining and better quality. I was thinking about Multi-Col..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,594    Replies: 1
"Im off to costa rica in a weeks times (whoo-hoo!!!), and im taking my fire poi with me. Does anyone know about what kind of fuel is available over there? Can you get kerosine/paraffin? ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 17,941    Replies: 25
"I know there are a million and one different ways to hang out to you poi but the standard to my knowledge are double finger loops. I personally can't stand them but that just me. I ha..."
Last Reply by
Views: 15,696    Replies: 42
"Hiya, I signed up to these forums mainly to ask this question, but looking around I think I'll be on here quite a lot!Anyway.. I'm looking to get some flowtoys poi but really don't know..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,911    Replies: 6
"Hi guys I am working on a movie this weekend. We will be operating for the most part in darkness. I need lighting options, both for light and for effect. Do people have torch or pot des..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,761    Replies: 8
"HOP used to sell Flomass, but I cant find them anymore. I can only find the 'weight sleeves' I lost my flowpoi (water, water II, colecord, no10 swivels, weight sleeves, crystal cases) ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,282    Replies: 11
"Been serching my butt up & down this forum and even tried google for christ sake. So can someone please tell me of any experiences to which fuel is best suited for body-burning/tracing?..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,760    Replies: 17
"ahhh, glowstick nunchucks...more flexibility that poi? you can do hand spins and change grips - no fire, sure, but for you glowstickers out there it's an idea, no?and might give you som..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,520    Replies: 5
"Hi all!I've been wondering (before i make this purchase) whether or not the Pro Series Multi-Function LED works as well inside of the Cone poi as it does on a chain, and i mean that as ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,646    Replies: 1
"So I just started fire poi a little while ago and I was wondering what others liked to use.Right now I'm using monkey fist heads(kevlar core), ball chain, and Kerosene."
Views: 1,986    Replies: 0
"Ok so I have never owned fire poi but got a few friends with some. I want to go the route of buying the parts and making it because it is a little bit cheaper and im on a budget. What I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,995    Replies: 25
"I decided to learn poi after doing double staff now for a year, and I'm finding it very, very difficult. My planes won't stay straight and I just can't stop whacking myself (good thing..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,637    Replies: 27
"im currently planning to make a 1.5m polycarbonate tube & LED staff staff. i alway tend to the dark side of contact moves but generally my regular firestaffs have about 40cm of rubb..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,355    Replies: 14
"This is My concept for balanced 'handles' &lbr;pedellum&rbr; poi(based on flowtoys handles and Henrys glowstick poi).>>> Ande's Poi Concept <<<When using Orange 'Ult..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,083    Replies: 2
"Hey guys,I've started getting into fire rope dart and alot of the movements i use involve kicks and stalling the dart with my foot, problem is im kinda nervous to do many of these with ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 13,485    Replies: 32
"Not sure if this is allowed but I thought it a good idea for spinners who are wanting to buy, HOP for when they sell them and Flowtoys in future sales/products.I got the Duos, 2 air 2 w..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,763    Replies: 3
"I bought the flowpoi trio and I love them! They are awkward as hell, but so beautiful! When I'm spinning for myself, I like sliding the singles in the rubbery crystal cases for ease o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,412    Replies: 11
" I just recently came up with an idea for a piece of safety equipment for Fire Breathing. I know Fire Breathing is incredibly dangerous READ THIS! , and all of this information is com..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,894    Replies: 18
"1. After I mix the alcohol fuel and the Tribal Neon fire-dye salts, how long can it be stored?What I mean is over a roughly 6 to 12 month period is whether I'd have to worry about any f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,367    Replies: 4
"I'm not sure if this is the right subforum, but I ordered a pair of ultra poi from HOP here and I seen quite a variance in shipping time, so I was just wondering, people from the us cou..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,022    Replies: 10
"hey spinners, recently got some oggz and was wondering what type of leashes people typically like for those. I usually use flat long shoe laces, but been looking for something wide but ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,729    Replies: 5
"So the other day I taped a million fingerlights to my poi strings, and it looked fantastic. It got me thinking about fire snakes, but fire is scary and leds are a sexy alternative.So wh..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,328    Replies: 3
"Is it possible to change the little bulb insert in LED poi? I want different colors but am curious if there's a way to do it without purchasing new balls."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,025    Replies: 8
"Hallo there.Once again, my search didn't turn up anything, but if there actually is already a thread on this, let me know.Derek is inciting a collaborative video effort, so I decided to..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,029    Replies: 23
"You know the cable with just tape at the ends. Seems like they're less like how you want poi to behave than anything else."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,722    Replies: 15
"Hello there,I am a proud owner of the new pro series chains with single loops - http://www.homeofpoi.com/shop/productDetails/Pair-of-Pro-series-chain-cords-with-single-loop-handles I u..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,411    Replies: 3
"Ok before i get the flaming usualy associated towards new a new member of a forum for asking a simple question, I know what search is and used it without finding the answer i was lookin..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,844    Replies: 4
"I want to buy a LED staff for my bro for Xmas. Actually he is a staff expert already and has expressed intrest in a LED one which I would be happy to provide BUT before I go and spend 3..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,650    Replies: 5
"So I've got a parade gig tomorow, been a while since I last did one.And it got me thinking:How do you refuel staffs/ poi on the move?I have always had a chaperone to carry a plastic bot..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,939    Replies: 5
"are ball chain ok to use for air wraps, hyperloops and orbitals?"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,517    Replies: 5
"Alright, I know there's an old topic about this but I'd like to ask a few questions with more (hopefully) recent experiences.___Is it, as rumoured, more toxic to a point of concern?Is i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,831    Replies: 13
"I recently bought a set of Zuni poi from infinity toys. It's not a bad set, but I don't like the streamers...yet. So of course, I've decided to do what everyone suggests, and make a p..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,628    Replies: 5
"Definitely progressing on the electronics build. Casings need some new cutters for out machine before we can knock out a batch. Socks are in production. There's a load of loose ends whi..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,252    Replies: 4
"so, Ive been doing searches on best fuel to use on poi, and all im getting are 20 topics on how I should just use search for the answer. I know that regular posters are probably sick of..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,154    Replies: 5
"Hi all,Everyone who bought some leather finger loop handles or a set where they are included, also noticed that they come with a trinagle quick link sewed in.Ive read those traingle qui..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,368    Replies: 9
"this term is used a lot in circus arts, what does it mean to you?i'm interested to know... i believe in a literal translation, where repetition creates a fixed muscle shape, which is po..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,321    Replies: 2
"Hi guys.I'm fairly new to this site, so if this question sounds silly, many apologies.I do fire staff, and I've been having a problem with burn time. I'll be doing a performance, and my..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter