Forums > Technical Discussion

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
Posted: by
Last Reply by
Views: 1,884    Replies: 1
"HI!I'm flying to Barranquilla, Columbia in Aug. and trekking to the "Lost City". I was told it would be cool for me to bring my poi to play with at camp. When I land in Barr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,095    Replies: 11
"ok so I've got a massive fire show to put on and aside from the usual firey craziness that we all know and love the director wants torchbearers carrying massive flaming torches in a pro..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,889    Replies: 39
"Cookie Cutter Spinners! beware of the great cookie munching monster! Please excuse if there's another thread about this topic, I dun a search but couldn't find any. Further please have ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,120    Replies: 6
"I'm relatively experienced trying to get the brightest poi possible, but I actually need a dim set. I'm looking to acquire a set for spinning in the kinds of goth clubs that don't norm..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,532    Replies: 4
"My plan is to make some simple cheap poi that weight can be added to by filling the balls with popcorn seeds. Doesnt matter if these get lost as it will have only cost me a fiver or so..."
Last Reply by
Views: 9,847    Replies: 11
"do i have to be a clown to get the insurance or can i get it for just poi. i don't want to put on makeup i just want to be covered for public performance"
Last Reply by
Views: 14,091    Replies: 17
"So I've made up my mind that it is time I set about to accomplish another goal which is constructing a fire hula hoop. I've done some searches here but can't find too much info. If any..."
Last Reply by
Views: 26,562    Replies: 21
"I've made me a pair of kevlar chains and spun with them for a while. Now they're all black from fuel ashes(or whatever it is..) What I'd like to know is that whether it is useful to cle..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,868    Replies: 10
"We've tried to address the question before but no replies...USsians! (or whoever else got the guns....) PLEASE do something useful with your 2nd amendment, take some old wick from your ..."
Views: 1,532    Replies: 0
"Where do I get the couplings you can buy on this site but in 4.5? They only sell the one size chain and couplings here...I wish they would sell more sizes - the 8mm is too big and distr..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,821    Replies: 3
"I got the voi kit from Michelle Joyce, but the straps are chafing my fingers - they are leather strips about 1" wide and 5" folded over. I put 1 or two fingers in them and alt..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,485    Replies: 5
"Hi everybody! posted this on the Flowtoys facebook page earlier but thought it would be a good idea to share it on here as well to get the word out Just got myself a set of Flowpoi Duo ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 11,603    Replies: 50
"Recently Josh and I took a fire-twirling course, and taught some kids and adults how to use staff and poi in a 12 hour course run over the weekend. By the end of the course all of the s..."
Last Reply by
Views: 17,190    Replies: 64
"I couldn't seem to find anything like this. Well, A couple kind of, but the links didn't work at all. So here this is. A thread for discussing your/any other wick designs that you know ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,400    Replies: 2
"I am wondering if any of you have opinions experience in sizing differences between a couple of the toys here.72mm vs 80mm pendulum poiand 8mm vs 10mm rope meteorThanks!"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,056    Replies: 24
"A few quick shots, all taken with 1 second shutter. Some in the day and some at night.http://www.hyperlight.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=974"
Last Reply by
Views: 4,693    Replies: 8
"flowlights with crystal case and flow mass in HOP VS flowpoi from flowtoys.com which is better in terms of durability?im having second thoughts in buying this cool stuff.. hehehe! pleas..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,386    Replies: 1
"hey, I just made a pair of sock poi with 249 grams of rice in each head (love heavy poi!), and I want to counter-weight them but I'm not sure what the ratio of head weight to handle wei..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,340    Replies: 5
"Does anyone have a video camera that's good at recording for both fire and glow? Mainly thinking of poi and the occasional staff person, but I don't know what camera to get.Price range ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 13,918    Replies: 19
"This is written up in a .doc hosted here As some may know flying in australia with your firetoys can be frought with peril, I do not know if the below approach will work in the US with ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,716    Replies: 14
"So... I have found the site, introduced myself... and now I am looking into get my first toy to try out. I have seen poi a cpl times and it is mesmerizing... but I know next to nothing ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,919    Replies: 15
"So after ~6 years of hard work, we've just finished the first batch of (8) Hyperlights. We'll be shipping them as soon as we've received payment It's been a long time coming, but we're ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,066    Replies: 27
"Here are my hyperlights. This is a quick thread to show you how they work, them in action and the possibilities they have.There are still a few creases to be ironed out that the creato..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,862    Replies: 10
"http://www.eyepoi.com/?content=Newsanyone have any info about these?"
Last Reply by
Views: 18,784    Replies: 25
"Fire breathing has been capturing my curiosity lately, and so like anyone should, I've started off just reading about it. I noticed though in a lot of the HoP articles about breathing a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,148    Replies: 12
"Hey.. I was struggling with learning the weave for a while.. then I came across this site the other night.. watched how she did it.. practiced a bit and had the weave down fairly well i..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,931    Replies: 7
"Super glue claims to be super, but I'm finding it doesn't seem to bond in the slightest to either my bike tires (would be useful to keep my handles from unraveling if I tug too hard) or..."
Last Reply by
Views: 33,683    Replies: 38
"I'm planning on getting a house in the next couple months and I want it to be as poi friendly as possible so I can host weekly spin jams. What would your ideal spinners house have?I wan..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,651    Replies: 2
"So Ive got an old stage ball that used to be part of a pair of contact poi Im not using anymore, but I want to weight it like a Sil-X ball. I can't find liquid silicone, so Im looking ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 2,685    Replies: 13
"I finally got a set of fire poi(From renegade juggling, thanks bob!) after about a year and a half of spinning. Anyways it has oval twist link chain and it just feels to heavy... Is the..."
Last Reply by
Views: 33,590    Replies: 101
"Hyperlights are not yet ready. There, I've said it, so I hope the title of this thread didn't get anyone too excited. Things have been extremely busy for me of late with a combination o..."
Last Reply by
Views: 8,463    Replies: 6
"ok ive been spinning for pfffft a year and a half...two years ...but i wanna start doing it with fire,,, i just have no idea what to go for....im clueless ...xxx grainne"
Last Reply by
Views: 3,548    Replies: 2
"I couldn't find a topic regarding this, s'yeah, my apologies if there is one.I know people who use nomex gloves when they spin with fire poi to enable hand wraps and spiral wraps, now I..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,689    Replies: 7
"I'm going to make some normal sized 2" x 2" x whatever is normal (2/2.5?) duo fold cathedrals. How much kevlar do I need? The tutorial says 4-8 feet per, that's a wide range. ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,836    Replies: 8
"Ok, so I picked up firestaff about two months ago now, and have gotten quite addicted. I've been borrowing a staff from a friend for the duration of it, and also have some double staffs..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,682    Replies: 7
"Ok i know this sounds dumb.. but i really don't get the rope dart... like i see how it's made and cool thingys you can do with it but... whats it for.. like how do most poeple use it? a..."
Last Reply by
Views: 28,604    Replies: 10
"Hey my question is "What is the best type of rope to use to make a rope dart?" Pay attention: Because I will test all suggested and give feedback.Thanks."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,609    Replies: 5
"&lbr;THEO(R)IST&rbr;Video bio project, maping performingduring 2002-2005.-------------------------------------------------------&lbr;VERSION&rbr;0.3&lbr;TODO&rbr;-Binary data transfer.-..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,417    Replies: 3
"Didn't see another thread like this, so I thought I would post some useful knots I use all the time in my practice poi and things I use them for. These are primarily knots I use with co..."
Last Reply by
Views: 1,836    Replies: 11
"just had a random idea does anyone think they could make led weighted handles they would look awesome with throws"
Last Reply by
Views: 2,000    Replies: 16
"just wondering if anyone has any of the gorrila fist poi cuz i would really like to see a video of them"
Last Reply by
Views: 18,115    Replies: 10
"Hello,To put things simply i'm doing fire breathing and i recently moved from France to USA. Then big problem: i can't manage to find an equivalent of the fuel i am used to breath (plea..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,050    Replies: 15
"Does anyone here do poi movements in their martial art weapon demos or martial art weapon moves in their poi demos? tell me what weapons or style YOU PRACTICE that uses weapons."
Last Reply by
Views: 19,912    Replies: 36
"So I have been asked to do a fire eating and tracing act at a gay club in a few months. I've also been asked if I wouldn't mind wearing body paint for the act.I told them that I'd be h..."
Last Reply by
Views: 6,471    Replies: 3
"ok so i've been looking around for some different fuels to try and i'm hoping to get some feedback. espisially on limonene, white gas(colemens), lamp oil, and methonal.i'm looking mostl..."
Last Reply by
Views: 5,190    Replies: 15
"Okay, here's the situation. I've been spinning fire for almost a year now and my little cathedrals (though in good condition) are getting to be unusable. Simply because they have tiny f..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,071    Replies: 1
"Teaching a Scuba Class in Cozumel next week and wish to spin but am not sure if it is best to take all or the supplies on the airplane or if I can purchase Fuel there?Really like paraff..."
Last Reply by
Views: 7,250    Replies: 9
"After watching this video:Poi by Yuta & Ronanhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vh3HWx1ozrYI was determined to make a pair of poi similar. I purchased some 80mm contact balls, some 8mm ..."
Last Reply by
Views: 3,248    Replies: 6
"So I have been thinking about making a set of Fire Buugeng but have been trying to figure out if I want to go Stainless steal or aluminum to make the staffs. Any views on which would b..."
Last Reply by
Views: 4,519    Replies: 7
"I'm trying to make a set of fire fans. So far i have the stainless steel constructon all done with 5 metal prongs on each fan. I've used 4mm dia stainless steel rods and now that i've c..."
Page: ......

HOP Newsletter